Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 440610 times)

gaaaaaaaaah

Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #825 on: June 24, 2013, 01:42:20 pm »
where do they put it though?

zimmerman, desmond, rendon and all three starting outfielders arent going anywhere, and id imagine laroche isnt either. catcher is really the only hole i can see them trying to fill offensively. unless werth is gonna be out for a while, which wouldnt surprise me

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #826 on: June 24, 2013, 01:53:53 pm »
I was there yesterday. We got there an hour and a half before the game [noon] and still missed the bobbleheads. There was a lady and her daughter sitting in front of us who were BOTH on their Kindle Fires watching tv and playing a game. Stoked they got bobbleheads and enjoyed the game.

Strangined 11, FUCKING 11 RUNERS, yesterday. Such a terrible terrible thing to see live on top of Werth leaving the game. I guess when half of your line-up is back ups, what do you expect. Still exciting to see them come back and make it interesting. I was hoping they wouldn't get ravaged again, didn't look that way in the 3rd....Fun to see them come back though.
‼‼?‼‼

stevewizzle

« Reply #827 on: June 24, 2013, 02:08:13 pm »
bring up taylor jordan!

vansmack

« Reply #828 on: June 25, 2013, 04:27:13 pm »
bring up taylor jordan!

He's not on the 40 man roster - Taylor started in single A (hence why he wasn't on the 40 man roster) before shredding up AA the last 2 months.  So the Nats would have to option somebody or move someone to the extended DL.  I don't know the rest of the roster well enough, but is anybody available for the 60 day DL?
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #829 on: June 25, 2013, 04:30:10 pm »
word is rizzo's been making a lot of phone calls around the league lately. interesting to see how this plays out

Espinosa's playing shortstop in the minors - can't tell if they're trying to build his confidence back up by putting him in his natural position or if they're showcasing his superior defensive skills to deal him.
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #830 on: June 25, 2013, 05:07:03 pm »
word is rizzo's been making a lot of phone calls around the league lately. interesting to see how this plays out

Espinosa's playing shortstop in the minors - can't tell if they're trying to build his confidence back up by putting him in his natural position or if they're showcasing his superior defensive skills to deal him.
Looks like they're showing what he can do.... I mean, what happens if he comes back up? They aren't sitting Rendon for Espinosa.... I feel bad for that beard.
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #831 on: June 26, 2013, 08:56:58 pm »
Wow, Rendon is like the Machado of the National League.

stevewizzle

« Reply #832 on: June 26, 2013, 09:35:16 pm »
rendon with another killer game tonight.

strasburg vs. corbin is huge tomorrow.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #833 on: June 27, 2013, 10:15:32 am »
Rendon was about a foot and a half from a homer last night. Just incredible. I'm getting insanely excited to get Bam Bam and him on the same line-up. Holy CRAP!

Where does that put Rendon in the line-up though? Will that push Werth down or Rendon down?

Excited for Stras today. Gio and Jordan back to back was awesome, hopefully Stras can make it 3 solid nights in a row at home.
‼‼?‼‼

stevewizzle

« Reply #834 on: June 27, 2013, 10:23:21 am »
i wouldn't be surprised to see werth on a DL stint soon. that wrist is clearly bothering him, and playing through it obviously isn't working.

line-up will most likely be span-rendon-harper-laroche-desmond-werth, but wouldn't be surprised to see if they put rendon 7th and let him continue to get comfortable.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #835 on: June 27, 2013, 11:25:47 am »
Continue to get comfortable? He seems pretty comfortable to me...

I think I'd rather see him come up 3rd, I feel like Span and Harper could get on base consistently making his ab's even more dangerous and useful. I think he got stranded once yesterday, which was surprising considering how anemic the offense has been lately.
‼‼?‼‼

stevewizzle

« Reply #836 on: June 27, 2013, 11:30:15 am »
he stretches and plays with his wrist during his at bats.

it's bothering him.

stevewizzle

« Reply #837 on: June 27, 2013, 11:31:32 am »
bring up taylor jordan!

He's not on the 40 man roster - Taylor started in single A (hence why he wasn't on the 40 man roster) before shredding up AA the last 2 months.  So the Nats would have to option somebody or move someone to the extended DL.  I don't know the rest of the roster well enough, but is anybody available for the 60 day DL?

taylor jordan up to spot-start saturday.

tyler moore probably gets optioned.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #838 on: June 27, 2013, 11:32:47 am »
I was talking about Rendon! I didn't know you meant WERTH to get comfortable, my mistake!

Is it a machismo thing? All these young kids carrying the team and the old guy can't stay healthy? People were saying he was running a little slowly in the outfield...maybe that hamstring/groin is still bothering him as well.
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #839 on: June 27, 2013, 11:33:28 am »
Continue to get comfortable? He seems pretty comfortable to me...

Don't confuse "comfort" with the lack of a scouting book on the kid yet.  It's smart to move him down as the league adjusts to him so he's in situations where he can focus on what pitch is being thrown at him rather than that plus the situation of who's on base and who's hitting behind him.
27>34