Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 440690 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #840 on: June 27, 2013, 11:38:02 am »
That makes sense, but I'd imagine they'd move him down once people are healthy and back in the line-up. I don't see him being down from 2nd to 7th though... Putting him in front of bunts seems kind of pointless.
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #841 on: June 27, 2013, 11:55:12 am »
That makes sense, but I'd imagine they'd move him down once people are healthy and back in the line-up. I don't see him being down from 2nd to 7th though... Putting him in front of bunts seems kind of pointless.

I don't watch enough Nat's games to know where he'll be moved to, but I watch enough baseball to know it makes sense to move him down to at least 6.
27>34

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #842 on: June 27, 2013, 11:55:35 am »
Continue to get comfortable? He seems pretty comfortable to me...

Don't confuse "comfort" with the lack of a scouting book on the kid yet.  It's smart to move him down as the league adjusts to him so he's in situations where he can focus on what pitch is being thrown at him rather than that plus the situation of who's on base and who's hitting behind him.

he has 107 PAs, plenty of time to scout him.  he has no holes in his swing and a very consistent approach at the plate, I don't see a drop-off anytime soon.  we're not talking about some slugger who came up and hit 5 HR on fastballs in his first 20 AB.
(o|o)

stevewizzle

« Reply #843 on: June 27, 2013, 11:57:51 am »
I was talking about Rendon! I didn't know you meant WERTH to get comfortable, my mistake!

Is it a machismo thing? All these young kids carrying the team and the old guy can't stay healthy? People were saying he was running a little slowly in the outfield...maybe that hamstring/groin is still bothering him as well.

my bad.  i forgot what i wrote haha

BookerT

« Reply #844 on: June 27, 2013, 12:51:43 pm »
Unless/until Span improves I wouldn't feel like he had to bat leadoff. They'd never move him because he's "a leadoff guy" and Davey is stubborn but his .310 OBP is one of the worst on the team. I like Keith Law's idea of hitting best player 2nd. Why not go Rendon - Harper - Zimmerman - Laroche - Werth - Desmond - Suzuki - Span? Give the best players the most at-bats.

shemptiness

« Reply #845 on: June 27, 2013, 01:00:07 pm »

I don't watch enough Nat's games to know where he'll be moved to, but I watch enough baseball to know it makes sense to move him down to at least 6.

Similar to what the Orioles did with Machado.  He was down in the lineup last year - didn't start hitting in the 2-hole until this year.

vansmack

« Reply #846 on: June 27, 2013, 01:06:30 pm »
he has 107 PAs, plenty of time to scout him.  he has no holes in his swing and a very consistent approach at the plate, I don't see a drop-off anytime soon.  we're not talking about some slugger who came up and hit 5 HR on fastballs in his first 20 AB.

Yep - he'll win the NL batting title in his rookie year.  [eyeroll]
27>34

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #847 on: June 27, 2013, 01:39:25 pm »

you heard it here first!
(o|o)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #848 on: June 27, 2013, 02:37:31 pm »

Pft, he'll win the Triple Crown, bro.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #849 on: June 27, 2013, 10:00:36 pm »

Pft, he'll win the Triple Crown, bro.

Triple crown ain't worth shit these days....look at Cabrera..

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #850 on: June 28, 2013, 10:33:42 am »
Isn't he on his way to another one this year?

The Rockies series was a good one, I'll admit. Good to get the series win, it was a bummer to waste Strasburg's solid start.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #851 on: June 28, 2013, 10:43:08 am »
Isn't he on his way to another one this year?

The Rockies series was a good one, I'll admit. Good to get the series win, it was a bummer to waste Strasburg's solid start.

Two triple crowns in a row ain't worth shit!

TROUT MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #852 on: June 28, 2013, 12:06:21 pm »
Lol
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #853 on: June 28, 2013, 02:32:26 pm »
Only Chris Davis or an injury can get in his way this season....
27>34

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #854 on: June 28, 2013, 10:47:05 pm »
Zim!!!!
(o|o)