Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 440682 times)

James Ford

Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #900 on: July 25, 2013, 11:32:53 am »
Steinbrenner never had to "make a case" for firing a manager!

hutch

« Reply #901 on: July 25, 2013, 11:37:21 am »
Steinbrenner never had to "make a case" for firing a manager!

you're joking, right? i am hoping so.. i hope you're not trolling dude... i don't know about you anymore..

steinbrenner was just awful at handling managers.. he'd fire a guy and then rehire him.. .only when he loosened his control of the team after like 15 pretty poor seasons did things get better..

stevewizzle

« Reply #902 on: July 25, 2013, 11:43:15 am »
last night davey lost that game.

so many questionable calls. storen in for the 9th? that was one of the worst managing moves i've ever seen. what a terrible waste.

he should have had soriano in there who hasn't had any work as of late. that game was a must-win, and you put soriano in that spot and you go into the 9th knowing your big hitters are coming up.

stevewizzle

« Reply #903 on: July 25, 2013, 11:43:26 am »
oh, and fire the manager.

hutch

« Reply #904 on: July 25, 2013, 11:50:27 am »
oh, and fire the manager.

well i do think they are going to fire the manager in a few days...

who knows maybe a fresh approach will help

stevewizzle

« Reply #905 on: July 25, 2013, 11:52:59 am »
Davey does look spent though.. no energy..

case and point on this was his lack of arguement on the phantom tag.

he should have wreaked havoc. he should have been in his face for 5 minutes. coaches should have had to remove him from the umpires face. he should have picked up a base and threw it. he should have kicked dirt, thrown a hissy fit, screamed, yelled like a baby, thrown his hat on the ground, etc,.

but no. davey went out. asked a question or two, and then called it a day.

fire the fucking manager.

James Ford

« Reply #906 on: July 25, 2013, 11:57:51 am »
god damn! I nominate stevewizzle as davey's replacement. Can he work in Seattle for a day job and manage the Nationals at night?

stevewizzle

« Reply #907 on: July 25, 2013, 12:00:35 pm »
i accept your nomination.

when do i start?

vansmack

« Reply #908 on: July 25, 2013, 12:19:49 pm »
case and point on this was his lack of arguement on the phantom tag.

he should have wreaked havoc. he should have been in his face for 5 minutes. coaches should have had to remove him from the umpires face. he should have picked up a base and threw it. he should have kicked dirt, thrown a hissy fit, screamed, yelled like a baby, thrown his hat on the ground, etc,.

but no. davey went out. asked a question or two, and then called it a day.

fire the fucking manager.

Even Crash Davis knew "they're kids, scare 'em" - would have been a good opportunity.

Maybe he called them a bunch of lollygaggers in the shower after the game.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #909 on: July 25, 2013, 12:28:52 pm »
You guys are not being serious.. Davey Johnson has won a World Series and got the team into the playoffs just last year...

Go Davey! Don't listen to 'em...

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #910 on: July 25, 2013, 12:38:03 pm »
Davey does look spent though.. no energy..

This is definitely his last season.. I think he's a good baseball mind and if I was the Nats I'd keep him til the end of the season and then move him to the front office where he was before and use him as an extra set of eyes etc... .... unless the Lerners are planning on some big spending like yesterday this season is lost anyways... they don't have the bats.. Rizzo blew it IMHO, during the offseason, by not realizing they needed more bats
Davey was front office before, then he came in as manager, this is definitely his last year, then he IS going back to the front office. That was the plan all along.

I don't think he'll be fired. There's just too much potential in this line-up.

They all just need to click at the same time. Right now it seems like it's only Werth slamming in runs. At one point it looked like only Span and Zimmerman could get on base, another time it looked like only Desi and Harper could. They seem super wound up. Strasburg goes out and allows 1 run and they can't muster ANYTHING!? Come on!!!

We're making every pitcher we face look like a fucking Cy Young contender.
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #911 on: July 25, 2013, 12:40:25 pm »

when do i start?

You're a bold man Stevewizzle.

I'm pretty sure I've played/watched/listened to more baseball than anybody on this board, but I would never want to be a manager.   

Now GM, that's a whole different story.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #912 on: July 25, 2013, 12:41:25 pm »

Davey was front office before, then he came in as manager, this is definitely his last year, then he IS going back to the front office. That was the plan all along.

well yeah but if they fire him I think he won't be going back to the front office.. they lose that if they fire him is what I'm saying..

James Ford

« Reply #913 on: July 25, 2013, 12:47:09 pm »
Seems like the old guy has the owner wrapped around his finger.

well yeah but if they fire him I think he won't be going back to the front office.. they lose that if they fire him is what I'm saying..

stevewizzle

« Reply #914 on: July 25, 2013, 12:57:01 pm »

when do i start?

You're a bold man Stevewizzle.

I'm pretty sure I've played/watched/listened to more baseball than anybody on this board, but I would never want to be a manager.   

Now GM, that's a whole different story.

now would be a bad time to let everyone know i scored a 1/10 on that ESPN quiz you posted a month or so back.

but watching tito get run out of boston a few years back and having a clubhouse full of assholes and watching him fall on the sword night after night really did paint that picture of how awful managers have it.