Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 440726 times)

stevewizzle

Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #915 on: July 25, 2013, 01:01:05 pm »
You guys are not being serious.. Davey Johnson has won a World Series and got the team into the playoffs just last year...

Go Davey! Don't listen to 'em...

fuck that cheerleader bullshit.

this is the time when you dig in your heals as a fan and let the team know you don't put up with this kind of bullshit, and you won't accept the team underachieving to the rate they are.

that said - the nats are up 2-0 in the first, and they are only 9 games back. they essentially need to win 70% or more of their remaining games, and atlanta has to continue to hurt themselves with injuries, etc.

hutch

« Reply #916 on: July 25, 2013, 01:06:19 pm »
You guys are not being serious.. Davey Johnson has won a World Series and got the team into the playoffs just last year...

Go Davey! Don't listen to 'em...

fuck that cheerleader bullshit.

this is the time when you dig in your heals as a fan and let the team know you don't put up with this kind of bullshit, and you won't accept the team underachieving to the rate they are.

that said - the nats are up 2-0 in the first, and they are only 9 games back. they essentially need to win 70% or more of their remaining games, and atlanta has to continue to hurt themselves with injuries, etc.

its not cheerleader bullshit dude... the guy has a track record .. he's been in the business a long time...he's been very succesful with different teams in different leagues.. he just got you to the playoffs last fricking year for the first time EVER... and before last season started i don''t think the Nats where a lock to make the offseason.. you treat him with respect and give him every chance... because if you don't your team will become a joke...

if the guy in question was manny acta- who was a terrible manager, with ZERO TRACK RECORD and I never liked- oh hells yeah i'd have fired him already but that is not the case here...

and don't act like the manager is to blame for everything man.. he's not the one not hitting the ball..

saying "oh my god we are losing fire the manager!" is good red meat but its just not good enough..

hutch

« Reply #917 on: July 25, 2013, 01:09:38 pm »
and lets not forget that johnson took over when the team looked like ass under riggleman.. it wasn't that long ago either..

James Ford

« Reply #918 on: July 25, 2013, 01:16:30 pm »
You're not giving Manny Acta any respect because he's Latino.  ;D

stevewizzle

« Reply #919 on: July 25, 2013, 01:19:51 pm »
its not cheerleader bullshit dude... the guy has a track record .. he's been in the business a long time...he's been very succesful with different teams in different leagues.. he just got you to the playoffs last fricking year for the first time EVER... and before last season started i don''t think the Nats where a lock to make the offseason.. you treat him with respect and give him every chance... because if you don't your team will become a joke...

if the guy in question was manny acta- who was a terrible manager, with ZERO TRACK RECORD and I never liked- oh hells yeah i'd have fired him already but that is not the case here...

and don't act like the manager is to blame for everything man.. he's not the one not hitting the ball..

saying "oh my god we are losing fire the manager!" is good red meat but its just not good enough..

man that game was lost last night by davey.  if i was a player on the team last night, i would be furious.  the complacency shown during this series is ridiculous.  he's mis-managed the bullpen, he gives the wrong guys the wrong days off, he's fucked with the lineup an insane amount and at times it has made zero statistical sense, and they've lost 11 of 13 and the all star break has only compounded the issues, it seems.

that's ALL on the manager.  he's the guy who is suppose to right this ship, and make the team competitive every at bat.  he's checked out, and no one is holding him accountable.

hutch

« Reply #920 on: July 25, 2013, 01:20:08 pm »
You're not giving Manny Acta any respect because he's Latino.  ;D

Acta was a disgrace.. good lord I was so happy when he got shitcanned...

the guy must give good interview because i can't believe he found another job...

hutch

« Reply #921 on: July 25, 2013, 01:24:10 pm »

man that game was lost last night by davey.  if i was a player on the team last night, i would be furious.  the complacency shown during this series is ridiculous.  he's mis-managed the bullpen, he gives the wrong guys the wrong days off, he's fucked with the lineup an insane amount and at times it has made zero statistical sense, and they've lost 11 of 13 and the all star break has only compounded the issues, it seems.

that's ALL on the manager.  he's the guy who is suppose to right this ship, and make the team competitive every at bat.  he's checked out, and no one is holding him accountable.

dude i confess i have no idea what happened last night but weren't the nats down going into the 9th anyways?? are you assuming werth would have hit a home run or whatever had it been 1-0 because that is not what you want to do... players hit differently depending on the pressure etc..

like i said i don't know what happened

i'm not happy about davey johnson at this point either man.. who is happy with the record? nobody...

Yada

« Reply #922 on: July 25, 2013, 01:35:07 pm »
Raise it!

stevewizzle

« Reply #923 on: July 25, 2013, 01:51:06 pm »
dude i confess i have no idea what happened last night but weren't the nats down going into the 9th anyways?? are you assuming werth would have hit a home run or whatever had it been 1-0 because that is not what you want to do... players hit differently depending on the pressure etc..

i'm not happy about davey johnson at this point either man.. who is happy with the record? nobody...

i'll outline last nights implosion.

issue #1: sac bunting with suzuki. first off - why suzuki? second off, why sac bunt when you have scott hairston on deck? hairston strikes out looking like a fool, as he did all night by liriano.

stras pitched incredible through 8.  davey marched out Drew Storen for the 9th with the heart of the Pirates order coming up. 

issue #2: rafael soriano, who hasn't pitched since 7/20, is the shutdown pitcher you need in this situation. you need to keep that score 1-0, and play to tie or win it in the 9th. davey gambled, trying to get confidence back in Storen. Clippard pitched the day before, but was available. he would have been a good option as well.

storen imploded.  he can't hold runners, so once someone is on, they are guaranteed scoring position. storen gives up 3 runs, and can't finish his inning.

bottom of the 9th, heart of the order up.  zimmerman gets a base hit, and red-hot werth homers.  the game is now 2-4.  pirates grab an out with laroche, but then ramos gets on. 

issue #3: span is up. he's fast, but susceptible to the grounding into double plays.  he has 7, which is pretty high for someone hitting lead off most of the year. he also has no home runs on the year. i either sub ramos on the base paths, or pinch hit with harper or tracy and go for the tie.

issue #4: ump makes a bad call and calls ramos out by tag. there was no tag.  davey "didn't see it", according to him during the press conference.  he should have thrown a fit, the game was over and his team got fucked over.

vansmack

« Reply #924 on: July 25, 2013, 02:02:43 pm »

Sounds to me like somebody should have watched it before commenting.

i'll outline last nights implosion.

Beautifully done.  Except, that I'm going to venture to guess that Soriano might not be 100%.

the heart of the Pirates order coming up. 

You mean the best team in baseball?

storen imploded.

Is now a good time to remind folks that Mike Trout was still on the board when the Nats picked Storen?
27>34

hutch

« Reply #925 on: July 25, 2013, 02:04:10 pm »
hmm...yeah that is pretty bad...

thanks for the outline

part of me always thought- once I read about Davey's issues and saw how much he'd aged- that he was sorta over the hill..

hutch

« Reply #926 on: July 25, 2013, 02:05:11 pm »
well smackie I wasn't commenting on last night's game

I would never base a decision on firing a manager with Davey's track record on one game...

like I said I think they will fire him.. I wouldn't though..

stevewizzle

« Reply #927 on: July 25, 2013, 02:10:57 pm »
Beautifully done.  Except, that I'm going to venture to guess that Soriano might not be 100%.

thanks. if it were me, i would have went with clippard, but traditionally the closer is the guy for a situation like that. 

not sure if soriano has something nagging him.  has there been any indication? his miami BS was bad luck. didn't see the dodgers loss.

and i'm happy your "reminder" got lost in the quotes. *edit: looks like it's fixed*
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 02:16:41 pm by stevewizzle »

stevewizzle

« Reply #928 on: July 25, 2013, 02:18:52 pm »
well smackie I wasn't commenting on last night's game

I would never base a decision on firing a manager with Davey's track record on one game...

like I said I think they will fire him.. I wouldn't though..

most of what i outlined wasn't just last night, but over the course of the past month.

i followed up with last nights game and the managerial shortcomings because i thought it was egregious.

i don't think they'll fire him to salvage the season. but if they did fire him, now is the time.

vansmack

« Reply #929 on: July 25, 2013, 02:23:00 pm »

thanks. if it were me, i would have went with clippard, but traditionally the closer is the guy for a situation like that. 

not sure if soriano has something nagging him.  has there been any indication? his miami BS was bad luck. didn't see the dodgers loss.

2 HR's in his last four outings, a blown save and a loss.  Given 3 days off and you're right, if you're not going to use your closer in the top of the 9th down one run at home against the heart of the order, when are you going to use him?

That tells me it's more than a confidence thing.
27>34