Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 440605 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #975 on: August 12, 2013, 12:40:05 pm »
People need to remember that TV personalities are employees of the ball club now - they are no longer employees of the network.

oh i know that.... but there is a limit, no?

ask Steve Stone:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/nl/cubs/2004-10-28-stone_x.htm
(o|o)

hutch

« Reply #976 on: August 12, 2013, 12:59:29 pm »
werth cracked me up in the postgame interview saturday night after his HR and the win

"We still got a long way to go...."

eh, yeah....

Washington is just the most optimistic sports town which sets you up for the fall.. personally i wouldnt say we got a long way to go after a 2 game win streak and a 4-6 record in your last 10

vansmack

« Reply #977 on: August 12, 2013, 01:53:56 pm »
ask Steve Stone:

Anybody who's willing to sit in the booth night after night with Hawk Harrelson must have really hated his previous job.

That being said, there's no stronger "homers" in the game than the White Sox announcers, so I'm not sure what he accomplished.
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #978 on: August 15, 2013, 09:42:57 pm »
I've been to three games this year, and they've won 7-4, 7-0, and 14-1. They really just need to give me season tickets and a free beer for each game. Dan Haren even won a game that I was at.

Well I almost had a fourth win for them. My daughter and I cut out in the top of the 9th with the Nats up 3-1.

hutch

« Reply #979 on: August 15, 2013, 09:47:01 pm »
I've been to three games this year, and they've won 7-4, 7-0, and 14-1. They really just need to give me season tickets and a free beer for each game. Dan Haren even won a game that I was at.

Well I almost had a fourth win for them. My daughter and I cut out in the top of the 9th with the Nats up 3-1.
nevermind

my heart just isnt in it
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:50:36 pm by hutch »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #980 on: August 16, 2013, 11:09:18 am »

.....................................................what
‼‼?‼‼

shemptiness

« Reply #981 on: August 16, 2013, 10:03:06 pm »

First you lose your teeth; then you lose your job.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #982 on: August 17, 2013, 09:34:13 pm »
what the hell is going on tonight?
(o|o)

James Ford

« Reply #983 on: August 17, 2013, 10:59:55 pm »
fucking Soriano

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #984 on: August 17, 2013, 11:30:09 pm »
easily the weirdest game of the year.
(o|o)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #985 on: August 19, 2013, 11:06:03 am »
I didn't catch the Saturday game until the 8th inning, my friend was explaining to me why Stras and Davey were tossed. Is Stras injured? Or is he just piss poor at trying to plunking guys?

I fucking hated seeing Bam Bam get plunked twice and there being no retaliation. 3 of the last 4 times he was plunked it's been by Atlanta. Seeing those fucking hillbillies stand up, applause, and high 5 was fucking sickening. I almost choked my TV. I guess we got the last laugh on Saturday but...come on.

Hard fought series against one of the best in baseball and a division rival. Hopefully this lights a fire under their ass......Just enough to barely miss the playoffs.
‼‼?‼‼

imbecile

« Reply #986 on: August 20, 2013, 08:44:24 am »
I didn't catch the Saturday game until the 8th inning, my friend was explaining to me why Stras and Davey were tossed. Is Stras injured? Or is he just piss poor at trying to plunking guys?

I fucking hated seeing Bam Bam get plunked twice and there being no retaliation. 3 of the last 4 times he was plunked it's been by Atlanta. Seeing those fucking hillbillies stand up, applause, and high 5 was fucking sickening. I almost choked my TV. I guess we got the last laugh on Saturday but...come on.

Hard fought series against one of the best in baseball and a division rival. Hopefully this lights a fire under their ass......Just enough to barely miss the playoffs.

As a descendant of family from the Appalachian foothills, I take offense to the Braves being called Hillbillies.  They're definitely red necks.  Hillbillies are far more functional members of society.

hutch

« Reply #987 on: August 20, 2013, 10:08:23 am »
why did nats get david dejesus only to put him on waivers?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #988 on: August 20, 2013, 10:42:11 am »

As a descendant of family from the Appalachian foothills, I take offense to the Braves being called Hillbillies.  They're definitely red necks.  Hillbillies are far more functional members of society.
Hillbillies.
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #989 on: August 20, 2013, 11:21:16 am »
why did nats get david dejesus only to put him on waivers?

They were probably blocking some other team they are chasing from picking him up.

Now they can control whom he goes to next.
27>34