Author Topic: So the Baby Killer Got Away With It?  (Read 4969 times)

azaghal1981

So the Baby Killer Got Away With It?
« on: July 05, 2011, 04:31:34 pm »
Absolutely unreal.

Most incompetent jury since O.J.?

احمد

Thousand Made-Up Loves

Re: So the Baby Killer Got Away With It?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 04:36:18 pm »
Nobody cares...except for shut-ins and people with lukewarm IQs.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 04:41:13 pm »
so you have more information than the jury?  you know that she is guilty?  they should have skipped the whole trial and just asked you to make a decision!

people keep giving their attention to these media shit-shows, and then they wonder why american news is such a fucking joke.

you've put me in the uncomfortable position of agreeing with TMUL.  thanks for that.
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 04:41:49 pm »
Nobody cares...except for shut-ins and people with lukewarm IQs.

i would say mothers with children care.  but of course, we already know only what you care about only matters.

azaghal1981

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 04:46:48 pm »
Headline jumped out at me and surprised by it, I started a thread. Sheesh.

And to TMUL's credit, he isn't always disagreeable. It's more the presentation of many of his points that turns people off than anything. He was dead on about the idiots with the bags on wheels who ride Metro, for instance.
احمد

walkonby

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 04:51:13 pm »
Headline jumped out at me and surprised by it, I started a thread. Sheesh.

And to TMUL's credit, he isn't always disagreeable. It's more the presentation of many of his points that turns people off than anything. He was dead on about the idiots with the bags on wheels who ride Metro, for instance.

haven't you figured out by now . . . that if you make sweetcell mad, he will cut you.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 04:55:39 pm »
Blame the justice system, not the jury.

Had I been on the jury I would've gone with 'not guilty' also. I think she did it, but I can't condem someone to death because I thought they did something.

The prosecution failed to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, a completely circumstantial case.

I don't know if the Baez was completely incompetent or an absolute genius by throwing so much bullshit at the jury that it made their head spin.

Someone said to me, "if not her then who?" It's not Matlock were the defense attorney points to someone in the gallery as the guilty party.

It sucks, but under the US justice system the correct verdict. The system worked but is terribly flawed I'm afraid.

walkonby

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 05:32:30 pm »
people in my office are now claiming she'll make millions from interviews, books, movies, action figures of her, the kid, and the pool in a barbie style combo . . . while others are claiming that somebody is going to kill her.

and if you ask why people are so obsessed with this, do you ask the same question of why people are so obsessed with famous people?

James Ford

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 07:16:51 pm »
First thing my wife asked me about when I got home. I had to admit I knew nothing about it.

I do know that the Freefest lineup will be announced Monday. That's important news!

Chip Chanko

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 11:15:29 pm »
I have never heard of this lady until today. Or, at least I skipped the headlines about her until everyone started talking about her today at work.

azaghal1981

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 01:01:25 am »
Maybe I would have gotten less shit if I had just made this a playlist.
احمد

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 06:06:19 am »
OK so a jury was presented with evidence and given instructions by a judge.  They came to a conclusion based on that evidence and those instruction that the state did not prove its case beyond reasonable doubt.  Sounds like they did their job to me.  The fact that any of us have an opinion one way or the other as to whether the person charged did in fact commit the crime as charged is 100% irrelevant.  The media hype and all the crap that Nancy Grace et al pumped through the tube at us means nothing and well it should not.  I have no idea in hell whether she killed her daughter or not, but the state did not produce one item of evidence that directly tied her to the crime.  It sucks that the girl is dead, but that doesn't mean the mom did it.
FUKIT

Sir HC

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 08:08:51 am »
In regards to "if not her then who?" why someone?  Was it murder or did the kid drown in the pool from poor parental supervision.  That is not murder one just poor parenting.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 09:58:20 am »

The prosecution failed to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, a completely circumstantial case.

That's all you need to know about the case.  There simply wasn't any evidence to support their claim.