Author Topic: Urge Overkill openers  (Read 2559 times)

Bags

Urge Overkill openers
« on: July 14, 2011, 12:38:31 pm »
Hey all, the openers for Urge Overkill are The Jones and Dot Dash.  Either worth getting there early to check out?

Hope some of you are making this show.  I am pumped!

bearman🐻

Re: Urge Overkill openers
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 01:29:39 pm »
They're digging out more oldies, so unless it's sold out, I may stop by. I love classic Urge. Anything from before Saturation is killer. Saturation is decent too, but "Supersonic Storybook" and "Stull" are the shit.

Relaxer

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 04:01:07 pm »
I am so tempted to go to this. Saw them at the old 9:30 and it was great. I got into them due to Saturation and then worked backwards. Very curious to see if they've aged well, which I can't imagine since they weren't exactly young in 95
oword

bearman🐻

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 04:19:32 pm »
I saw them at the old club too...on the Saturation tour.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 04:30:53 pm »
saturation was one of the best of the 90s.

not sure about tonite though...how's the new album?
(_|_)

bearman🐻

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 04:35:24 pm »
They're do so much stuff from Saturation that it'd be worth putting up with a few new tunes.

James Ford

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 04:50:01 pm »
I picked up a copy of Saturation at a library book sale awhile back and threw it in my $10 for a whole box of books box and took it home. Listened to it once and threw it in the trash. Same thing with the DGC comilation cd that i snagged along with. Man, the 90's sucked musically.

Bags

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 05:17:30 pm »
I'm listening to new album now.  It's very much Saturation/Exit the Dragon.  Which is good.  I saw these guys do a reunion show in NYC at the Bowery Ballroom (you know, most influential club in the country) -- 6 or 7 years ago??  It was great.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 06:20:23 pm »
the Bowery Ballroom (you know, most influential club in the country)

*ahem* the formerly most influential club in the country ;D
<sig>

Relaxer

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 09:45:15 am »
Pretty good show. Some definite high points and Nash is lookin sharp as ever. King is showing his years but he was impressive-ish on the guitar. A little soggy but overall a good performance and a fun show.

Missed the first opener but thought Dot Dash were pretty terrible. Songs weren't bad but the singer was so off-key as to be grating and it just didn't work. I also just don't understand dressing for a rock concert that you're performing in and putting on a button-up shirt, buttoning it all the way up and then carefully tucking it in. They looked like they were at work.
oword

Unsanity

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2011, 03:16:37 pm »
I kinda wish I would have gone. I have Saturation on cassette and bust it out at least once a year. Always liked their version of "Girl You'll be a Woman Soon" from Pulp Fiction too.

Relaxer

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2011, 03:27:05 pm »
Interestingly, they didn't play 'Girl'.
I heard a couple people expressing disappointment over that fact. I was fine with it because they played enough mid-tempo songs, but I was still surprised they didn't play their most mainstream-ish song.
And holding 'Sister Havana' and 'Woman to Woman' for the encore was a sucker move.
oword

bearman🐻

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2011, 03:37:32 pm »
Did they play any stuff from "Supersonic Storybook" or earlier? I love the early singles like "Ticket to LA" and "Faroutski". Did they play those?