Author Topic: KT Tunstall Tickets  (Read 2375 times)

KT Tunstall Tickets
« on: April 29, 2006, 06:46:00 pm »
When do the KT Tunstall tickets go on sale?

RockStarzKJ

Re: KT Tunstall Tickets
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 05:11:00 pm »
Ohhh... I'd like to know the same thing!  :)

Darth Ed

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 09:57:00 pm »
OK, I'll answer. Tickets will go on sale this Thursday morning at 10am. Tickets for 9:30 Club shows almost always go on sale to the general public on Thursday mornings. Pre-sales (if there are any) usually take place the day before.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 01:00:00 pm »
Anyone got an opinion on her record?  The single is really growing on me, but I skimmed the rest of the CD and while it sounds like it could be interesting I passed for the time being.  Struck me as something Kosmette would enjoy more so I'll her sample it online...
T.Rex

allmy$to930

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 01:15:00 pm »
I saw her in a small venue in England last year before she started to blow up over there (I think it was Feb 05).  

She put on one hell of a show. Good, catchy tunes and lots of fun banter...

bearman🐻

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 01:18:00 pm »
I reviewed it for Big Yawn...not really my thing. She seems very sweet and nice, but ultimately for a debut I thought it didn't really seem like a bold record, nothing that was overly memorable. Maybe she needs more experience under her belt.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 01:46:00 pm »
thanks! what struck me while skimming it was other than the single, the record came off a bit fm lite... gentle non offensive female singer/songwriter pop songs... not carole king.
T.Rex

bearman🐻

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 02:10:00 pm »
Yeah...the other thing that sort of bothers me is the kind of words used on her web site, it sounds like it was written by someone at her record label...she's fresh, she's new, she's cool! Her name is Katie, but it's got a crazy and different spelling! I dunno...it seems like they have a different idea of who she is, and the record didn't really seem consistent. I guess I can't fault her, but if it's on her web site, it seems as though the words should come from her, not someone at Virgin.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 02:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  thanks! what struck me while skimming it was other than the single, the record came off a bit fm lite... gentle non offensive female singer/songwriter pop songs... not carole king.
crap that should read
 "not unlike carole king"
T.Rex

Darth Ed

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 10:52:00 pm »
Most of the album is kind of bland (over-produced?), but I thought the BigYawn review was just a little too harsh. Anyway, I love, love, love "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree"! When I first heard it, I just couldn't get enough of it. Did you see/download her free video (live performance from the Today Show) from the iTunes Music Store? It was awesome. Really. Best use of a looping pedal ever. Based on that, I'm rather hopeful that her live performance will be far better than her album would indicate, so I bought a ticket and am very much looking forward to this show. If she steers away from Carole King and gets a little edgier, she could be real good, I think.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 11:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by Darth Ed:
  Most of the album is kind of bland (over-produced?), but I thought the BigYawn review was just a little too harsh. Anyway, I love, love, love "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree"! When I first heard it, I just couldn't get enough of it. Did you see/download her free video (live performance from the Today Show) from the iTunes Music Store? It was awesome. Really. Best use of a looping pedal ever. Based on that, I'm rather hopeful that her live performance will be far better than her album would indicate, so I bought a ticket and am very much looking forward to this show. If she steers away from Carole King and gets a little edgier, she could be real good, I think.
Heh....I had no idea at all about this person til you mentioned that song....one of the girls on american idol sang it last night.  Yeah, I just outed myself.