Author Topic: Will Call  (Read 2919 times)

unknowntbeast

Will Call
« on: August 04, 2011, 10:28:38 pm »
OK, this has perplexed me all day. Tried doing a forum and Google search on it but I have no idea what "Will Call" means. How will my tickets be held at Will Call if I'm calling? Or am I? Or what the bloody fried bananas does this mean? I'd rather my tickets be there and without having to pay another fee for a ticket, but I have no idea what it is. Please help. And if there is a post about this, please redirect me, or that info should be posted on the ticket purchase page.

eddie

• Global Moderator
Re: Will Call
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 09:59:20 am »
Will call simply means your tickets will be held at the box office for you to pick up. 

eddie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 12:01:50 pm »
Your question piqued my curiosity and this is what wikipedia has to say regarding why we call it "will call":

In the days before the telephone, the phrase "I will call on you" was commonly used to mean that someone will visit you, or speak to you. The phrase has since largely fallen into disuse, with the word "call" being much more commonly associated with the telephone than speaking to someone in person. The term "will call", however, has stuck, and means that the customer "will call on" the company to pick up the tickets or merchandise, as opposed to having the items delivered to them.

ZQ

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 12:06:01 pm »
I have a question about will call...If one chooses could they come to the venue and pick up will call tickets a week before? 

eddie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 10:25:16 pm »
As long as the tickets are purchased through Ticketfly and not part of any special fanclub or band presale, yes.