Author Topic: Live Comedy thread  (Read 4199 times)

reggie

Live Comedy thread
« on: August 05, 2011, 08:53:35 am »
Last night I saw John Mulaney at the DC Improv, he absolutely killed it.
I highly recommend checking him out this weekend.
Easily one of the top 5 touring stand-ups at the moment.

I am debating on going to see JB Smoove (Leon from Curb Your Enthusiasm) in a few weeks.

RustyOrgan

Re: Live Comedy thread
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 10:36:07 am »
I saw JB Smoove a while back at Improv and it was a great show. Also, Richard Lewis is playing on the 19th

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 10:47:40 am »
Richard Lewis is about as funny as a visit to the proctologist. (imo)

I just don't get how a whiney NY jewish bloke name dropping other alleged NY celebs is funny...You should move to Boca Raton and you'd die laughing.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 11:12:05 am »
I saw John Mulaney too... he was great.  And the bespectacled black dude who preceded him was pretty funny too... wish I could remember his name.
_\|/_

James Ford

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 12:11:39 pm »
My four year old daughter is funnier than any comedian I've ever seen. Any I don't have to pay to see her. Unless you count feeding and clothing her.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 12:23:07 pm »
Last time Pablo Francisco was in town I went to buy tickets and all of the shows were sold out already  :'( I need to check the schedule, haven't peeped it in awhile....
‼‼?‼‼

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 12:28:07 pm »
I've heard the Tosh.O bloke is hilarious at stand up. I've never seen him but his shows are pretty funny.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 02:39:14 pm »
one of my favs of late . . . is bob marley.  the other bob marley; the white guy from maine, and his body language while performing is priceless.

Sieve-Fisted

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 09:47:37 am »
New comedy club in Gallery Place-Penn Quarter www.riotactcomedy.com

reggie

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 08:09:13 pm »
I saw John Mulaney too... he was great.  And the bespectacled black dude who preceded him was pretty funny too... wish I could remember his name.

I think it was Seaton Smith, he was pretty solid for an opener.

Sir HC

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 10:33:59 am »
I've heard the Tosh.O bloke is hilarious at stand up. I've never seen him but his shows are pretty funny.

Comedy Central (IIRC) had one of his standup shows on a while back.  Funny but he does push the "gay joke" boundaries.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 11:12:19 am »

Comedy Central (IIRC) had one of his standup shows on a while back.  Funny but he does push the "gay joke" boundaries.

you mean he hides the fact that he's gay . . . but constantly having to "shove in" anti-gay material?

mdh9857

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 01:30:13 pm »

you mean he hides the fact that he's gay . . . but constantly having to "shove in" anti-gay material?

Tosh.0 is a very pro gay shows.  Granted, he's definitely hiding it, but he even wears gay marriage shirts on the show.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 04:28:43 pm »

Tosh.0 is a very pro gay shows.  Granted, he's definitely hiding it, but he even wears gay marriage shirts on the show.

oh . . . well as long as he hiding it.  "they" are my favourite.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 09:28:28 am »

srsly? His stand-up > tosh.0

That's why I never really liked tosh.0 because his stand up was so much better.
‼‼?‼‼