Author Topic: Live Comedy thread  (Read 4193 times)

vansmack

Re: Live Comedy thread
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 01:41:55 pm »
Jim Jeffries.  End of story.  I've never laughed so hard at material I knew I shouldn't find funny in my life.  He's not a shock comedian, he's just offensive. 

His most recent commonwealth DVD is FINALLY being broadcast in the US on Showtime.  Search for "Alcoholocaust"....

For those with HBO, his older one is still sometimes broadcast.  It's called "I Swear to God."
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 06:18:04 pm by vansmack »
27>34

Venerable Bede

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 05:58:27 pm »
Jim Jeffries.  End of story.  I've never laughed so hard at material I knew I shouldn't find funny in my life.  He's not a shock comedian, he's just offensive. 

His most recent commonwealth DVD is FINALLY being broadcast in the US on Showtime.  Search for "Alcoholocaust"....

For those with HBO, his older one is still sometimes broadcast.  It's called "I Sweat to God."
alcoholocaust is currently sitting in my dvr......
OU812

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 06:14:04 pm »

For those with HBO, his older one is still sometimes broadcast.  It's called "I Sweat to God."
alcoholocaust is currently sitting in my dvr......

Alcoholocaust is the name of a bar in one of William Gibson's old books...
_\|/_

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 10:05:28 pm »
I've never laughed so hard at material I knew I shouldn't find funny in my life.  He's not a shock comedian, he's just offensive.

He's not even funny. He's just some lowbrow piece of shit with a mic in his face who likes to talk like an asshole. He's like a short season Class A farm team compared to a major league legend of blue humor like the late Robert Schimmel. At least Schimmel was intelligent. You can't tell if Jeffries has anymore than a few synapses firing at the same time.

It must seriously be a Beltway thing to like Jim Jeffries because if we really wanted to, we could all still live in our hometowns and hit up the shitty fucking bars that are packed with degenerates like Jeffries and then we'd hate him because tards like him are a dime a dozen.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 10:18:50 pm by Thousand Made-Up Loves »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 10:15:29 pm »
that was nice, good even . . . and i sorta like the guy.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2011, 01:23:53 pm »
deal-of-the-day: comedy tickets.

Riot Act Comedy Theater - 2 Tickets to Show of Your Choice for $17 (up to 58% off)
http://www.thecapitoldeal.com/engine/SplashDetails.aspx?LID=4&contestid=21722&productid=2937249&p=12&p=2
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2011, 01:52:19 pm »
Well there you have it.  A TMUL rant - I don't think anything qualifies as a more ringing endorsement on this board.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2011, 03:08:18 pm »
"JIm Jefferies on gods, religion, and hypocrisy." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhjfyEcwUcw

6:15 onward: sheer brilliance.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2011, 03:36:15 pm »
"JIm Jefferies on gods, religion, and hypocrisy." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhjfyEcwUcw

6:15 onward: sheer brilliance.

I like the hypocrite comment.  I use it a lot.  But I thought this take on religion was better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-RJeqyh-vI (contains dirty words)

As far as I'm concerned, the devil's being a bigger person...

EDIT: Nevermind, that clip stops at Panda's and cuts off the rest of the segment, and this one picks up about 90 seconds later.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 03:44:36 pm by vansmack »
27>34