Author Topic: The Low Ticket Warning thread  (Read 163879 times)

hutch

Re: The Low Ticket Warning thread
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2011, 09:13:44 pm »
I can't believe that Smashing Pumpkins show sold out so fast.  I mean, I kinda knew it would but... really?  And I'm a huge SP fan from Gish - Siamese Dream and i just couldn't get excited about it.  I know i'd get to the show and just be bummed that i was watching a fake lineup.  lame!

I think if you just think its billy corgan playing pumpkins songs there is nothing wrong with it..

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2011, 06:24:44 am »
I can't believe that Smashing Pumpkins show sold out so fast.  I mean, I kinda knew it would but... really?  And I'm a huge SP fan from Gish - Siamese Dream and i just couldn't get excited about it.  I know i'd get to the show and just be bummed that i was watching a fake lineup.  lame!

I think if you just think its billy corgan playing pumpkins songs there is nothing wrong with it..

No, there is quite a bit wrong with it.  The new band has no chemistry, and Corgan's new songs, which he will play lots of, are largely terrible.  And the Pumpkins were not just Corgan, James Iha and Jimmy Chamberlin were a huge part of whey they were so great live.

hutch

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2011, 07:51:25 am »

No, there is quite a bit wrong with it.  The new band has no chemistry, and Corgan's new songs, which he will play lots of, are largely terrible.  And the Pumpkins were not just Corgan, James Iha and Jimmy Chamberlin were a huge part of whey they were so great live.

ok

imbecile

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2011, 11:13:32 am »

I have to agree.  I saw them several times before the break and then drove to Asheville to see their first US show when they came back.  It was amazing.  Then saw about three more since then.. awful.  I don't know what changed, but the new music is so uninspired and boring, and that's all they play live anymore.  All three times, he completely abandoned the old stuff for pompous 9-piece renditions of songs that sucked to begin with.  Even the anniversary shows which were advertised as a celebration of the past.. he just ended up fellating himself on stage for an hour and a half with the most pretentious unimaginative stuff i've likely ever seen on a stage; hardly playing the stuff that made his fanbase so passionate to begin with.

These new pumpkins are an abomination, but I see how it's still selling out.  I know it's going to suck and be a disappointment, but that didn't stop me from getting on the computer just now with the intent of getting a ticket.  Maybe it will be awesome, I grew up with the pumpkins, and was willing to give them like a 4th shot.

Seriously, it's like an abusive relationship, all your friends are telling you to leave, but you just can't.  That's why it sold out, and i'm glad it did.. saved me 60 bucks.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2011, 05:46:29 pm »
LOW TICKET WARNING for Laura Marling at Sixth and I on 9/27
<sig>

Shadrach

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 11:40:53 am »
Panic! At The Disco

Elbow

Erasure (tonight)

reggie

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2011, 11:03:20 am »
Any idea on St. Vincent ticket sales?

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2011, 11:14:45 am »
Seriously, it's like an abusive relationship, all your friends are telling you to leave, but you just can't.  That's why it sold out, and i'm glad it did.. saved me 60 bucks.

Pretty much, way to sum it up. Billy's a bitch. As a Pearl Jam fan, I hate when people pine for all the radio singles at shows at claim that the band blew its wad after Vitalogy, but at least Pearl Jam has some sense of integrity. I'd just feel slimy giving Billy any of my money.

Bring back the band and start playing their best music (everything up to and including Mellon Collie) or don't. Just stop trying to pass off your modern day bullshit as the Pumpkins, Billy.

Then go fuck yourself.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2011, 06:24:26 pm »
close to selling out 

Any idea on St. Vincent ticket sales?
(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2011, 06:31:58 pm »
^Hey, Butthead, let's go see The Horrors. My plans for the thing at Pyramid fell through.
احمد

Vas Deferens

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2011, 06:54:35 pm »
^ tired, went to 5 shows in 4 days plus I'm seeing them tomorrow at ATP. 
(_|_)

Shadrach

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2011, 03:28:58 pm »
James Blake

Mat Kearney

City and Colour

Beirut

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2011, 12:20:02 pm »
They just released some tickets for the Willie Nelson show.

dave24

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2011, 01:31:03 pm »
I'm hearing Fitz is not far from a sellout

Yada

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2011, 01:03:50 pm »
What consitutues a low ticket warning?

25 tickets or less?