Author Topic: Interpol  (Read 8640 times)

sonickteam2

Interpol
« on: October 13, 2003, 08:10:00 am »
Goddamnit, before i had time to get to DC, it sells out. Bastard. I hate living in Baltimore....and service charges. (not that i would rather live in DC).

markie, we'll have to meet another time   :eek:

markie

Re: Interpol
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2003, 11:20:00 am »
Yeah, I went to get tickets before Ho Ho HUM...... But Interpol sold out on Thursday.

Are you not going to see Beulah, or Calexico or BJM anytime soon?

vansmack

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2003, 11:39:00 am »
Originally posted by The Pariah:
  Yeah, I went to get tickets before Ho Ho HUM...... But Interpol sold out on Thursday.

Markie, you're not missing anything you haven't already seen with them.  I saw them a couple weeks ago and have finally grown as bored with seeing them live as I have always been with the album.

You should be bummed about missing Elefant though.  I enjoyed them.
27>34

markie

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2003, 11:48:00 am »
Originally posted by vansmack:

You should be bummed about missing Elefant though.  I enjoyed them.
I am more upset about missing a Saturday night out with the Loons as much as anything else......

BTW is Paul Weller coming by your way again?

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2003, 11:50:00 am »

He was here on Friday (the Fillmore), but I missed it.  He's in LA and Anaheim now.
27>34

sonickteam2

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2003, 12:17:00 pm »

Hmmm, BJM sounds like a decent alternative to Interpol to me. I'll confer with the ladypartnerfriendgirl and get back to you.

mankie

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2003, 12:34:00 pm »
I wasn't too far off with Interpol was I, with my "bored by midway through the second song" comment...seems the hipster's are bored with them now. 15 minutes really does fly doesn't it?

BTW I was in Congressional Plaza in Rockville this morning and heard Style Council, "Ever changing moods"...is that what Paul Weller has been relegated to these days, strip mall muzak?

markie

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2003, 12:36:00 pm »

He was here on Friday (the Fillmore), but I missed it.  He's in LA and Anaheim now. [/b]
You shoulda gone.....

mankie

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2003, 12:38:00 pm »

QUOTE]You shoulda gone..... [/b]
YANK!  (should've)

markie

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2003, 12:40:00 pm »
OK.......

Sonick,

Its not just BJM, its the high strung too..... Looks like I will be going to the baltimore and DC shows.

And Mankie, I was never that impressed by interpol. Its fine and all, just a little insincere, somehow. I would have gone to see them again though if it had not sold out. But they dont have a new album and they dont appear to be playing many new songs either.

The style council.....UMMM, did anybody really ever like them? Their singles still sound good, for the most part, but the albums.......

markie

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2003, 12:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:

QUOTE]You shoulda gone..... [/b]
YANK!  (should've) [/b]
Just trying to fit in....

It was an acoustic show. I wish he had played here like that.

vansmack

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2003, 12:41:00 pm »

He was here on Friday (the Fillmore), but I missed it.  He's in LA and Anaheim now. [/b]
You shoulda gone..... [/b]
I would've but I had most of my weekend already planned around a ton of sports (footie and football and racing and baseball) and had to give Smackette a night, so I sacrificed Weller for the good of my relationship.
27>34

mankie

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2003, 12:44:00 pm »

And Mankie, I was never that impressed by interpol. Its fine and all, just a little insincere, somehow. I would have gone to see them again though if it had not sold out. But they dont have a new album and they dont appear to be playing many new songs either.

The style council.....UMMM, did anybody really ever like them? Their singles still sound good, for the most part, but the albums.......
I wasn't talking about you specifically with my "hipster" comment, but it's interesting to note you consider yourself in that group!!  :p  

The best thing about Style Council was that georgous black girl that sang in the group, my God she was beautiful. The band was average really, a good Top of the pops band.

sonickteam2

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2003, 12:45:00 pm »
  OK.......

Sonick,

Its not just BJM, its the high strung too..... Looks like I will be going to the baltimore and DC shows.

oh nice.  A Show in Baltimore, sounds more my style.  I will probably hit that one up then.  Never been to the Mojo Room.  Anyone know what time the shows generally are there? I work until 9:30pm that night.

vansmack

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2003, 12:45:00 pm »
  I would have gone to see them again though if it had not sold out. But they dont have a new album and they dont appear to be playing many new songs either.

You're exactly right.  I still don't like the album much, but was pleasantly surprised when you guys convinced me to go see them the first time. I saw them again later in the year and thought they were good again.  Samckette had never seen them so when they were here I didn't have much of a choice.  They sounded exaclty the same and aren't supporting a new album so I was bored but Smackette loved them.  

Maybe if they have a new album that I hate I'll check them out again, but not until then.
27>34