Author Topic: Rams Head Live - BMore  (Read 5018 times)

Yada

Rams Head Live - BMore
« on: September 28, 2011, 02:08:55 pm »
Does anyone go to shows here often? What time does the headliner usually come on?

Specifically, when does Mr. Malkmus come on tomorrow night?

Vas Deferens

Re: Rams Head Live - BMore
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 02:15:52 pm »
opener at 8 all the time if doors are at 7

headliner usually comes on at 9 or 9:15. No later than that.
(_|_)

Yada

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 02:17:05 pm »

Thank you!

Yada

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 03:18:08 pm »
Just got an email from a person there, 8:45 - 9pm Malk will be on.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 07:26:36 pm »
i find it interesting that shows sell out at the nine thirty club and not rams head . . . meaning, "band x plays 930, sells out, band x plays rams head on same tour, does not sell out."  does that say something?

hutch

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 09:36:32 pm »
i find it interesting that shows sell out at the nine thirty club and not rams head . . . meaning, "band x plays 930, sells out, band x plays rams head on same tour, does not sell out."  does that say something?

you do know malkmus was a natural dc show, right?

;D

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 11:03:26 pm »

Well, Rams Head Live does fit a lot more people than the 930 club.

However, you're right, if RHL and 930 had the same exact capacity, 930 would sell out more.

I think the problem is that RHL books so few of the type of bands that you expect to see at 930 that most people don't even really consider going to RHL. Hell, I live in Baltimore and I've been there one time.

Yada

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 08:52:57 am »

Well, Rams Head Live does fit a lot more people than the 930 club.

However, you're right, if RHL and 930 had the same exact capacity, 930 would sell out more.

I think the problem is that RHL books so few of the type of bands that you expect to see at 930 that most people don't even really consider going to RHL. Hell, I live in Baltimore and I've been there one time.

I've lived in DC for a decade and have never been to RHL. There are very very few bands that would convince me to drive 40 minutes to see them, but Malkmus is one of those fellas.

eltee

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 09:10:33 am »

And push times one hour back for a Friday/Saturday night, right? (what I've experienced)
It is bigger. People are pretty nice there, but the patrons are a little more rowdy and drunk.
Nice space, the sound is pretty loud and the bar is like being at a sports bar, and the food like Camden Yards. That said, I haven't been since Seth took over - however he is doing just the booking? Either way it's nice enough, safe, (except be a little weary walking to the further away parking garages - drunks and homeless try to deter you). The booking has gotten even better since Seth took over. I wish I could go to half the shows there since there is more space there are tons of places to find away from the crowd if there is one.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 09:13:18 am by Nomeimporta »

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 10:01:14 am »
It's just as close to my home as the 930 but my opinion is that there is actually less good space at Ram's Head.  May or may not actually be true, but that is my perspective and that's the reason why I would always choose the 930 over RHL.

Plus you are pretty much forced to pay for parking there, unlike the 930.

Yada

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 10:06:24 am »

And push times one hour back for a Friday/Saturday night, right? (what I've experienced)
It is bigger. People are pretty nice there, but the patrons are a little more rowdy and drunk.
Nice space, the sound is pretty loud and the bar is like being at a sports bar, and the food like Camden Yards. That said, I haven't been since Seth took over - however he is doing just the booking? Either way it's nice enough, safe, (except be a little weary walking to the further away parking garages - drunks and homeless try to deter you). The booking has gotten even better since Seth took over. I wish I could go to half the shows there since there is more space there are tons of places to find away from the crowd if there is one.

if the sound is good, the beer cold, and not overly packed... that's about all I care about.

eltee

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 10:13:11 am »

if the sound is good, the beer cold, and not overly packed... that's about all I care about.
Yep, I agree. Also agree w/ the Stone. Sometimes the extra space and lines of the buildings create a couple of pockets so the sound is not a refined or louder (I'm not an expert w/ the terms) alas, it could be worse so it's decent enough and if I was in B'more I'd go more often, but always probably prefer 930 for the details and grit.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 10:16:03 am by Nomeimporta »

Vas Deferens

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 10:21:52 am »
I like the cheaper ticket prices at RHL compared to DC prices.
(_|_)

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 10:48:12 am »
we just book it

Vas Deferens

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 12:10:06 pm »
even Fridays and Saturdays the door time is 7...well except this weekend

(_|_)