Author Topic: *ROLL CALL* The Great Michael Moore SUN 10/2/11 5PM  (Read 9248 times)

RustyOrgan

Re: *ROLL CALL* The Great Michael Moore SUN 10/2/11 5PM
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 10:49:35 am »
bump

azaghal1981

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 11:03:19 am »
I went last night. It was pretty entertaining but I think he could have moved things along faster and rambled less. Listening to someone talk for 2.5 hours is a bit much no matter who it is.

احمد

James Ford

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 01:46:27 pm »
Saw him basically do the same thing for free at an in-store in the early 2000's. Can believe people actually pay $$ to see him.

hutch

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 03:01:07 pm »
Saw him basically do the same thing for free at an in-store in the early 2000's. Can believe people actually pay $$ to see him.

As far as I know it was free as long as you bought the book from Politics and Prose.

I did this for Salman Rushdie a few years back...well worth it as I got to meet him.

James Ford

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 07:41:15 pm »
The book price was $29 or (or $27, something like that), I think I read. Or you could buy two tickets for $24.

And not worth it, based on another (boring) book of his I read (free, from the library).

As far as I know it was free as long as you bought the book from Politics and Prose.

I did this for Salman Rushdie a few years back...well worth it as I got to meet him.

hutch

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 07:52:27 pm »
The book price was $29 or (or $27, something like that), I think I read. Or you could buy two tickets for $24.

And not worth it, based on another (boring) book of his I read (free, from the library).

You're being silly or you're just bored and fishing for replies so that you can laugh at the "idiots" who bother to respond to your posts.   ;)

Of course its not worth it to you if you don't like his books but plenty of people do and to them I'd say its worth it to get two free tickets to hear the author upon purchasing his book.

Aren't you the same person who thought it was stupid to take an overnight bus instead of paying for a hotel in NYC?

Sounds like you don't account for people's different tastes/approaches/preferences!

James Ford

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 09:11:23 pm »
All i'm saying it I've read one of his books, and i've seen him speak (twice), and i'm glad I didn't pay for any of it. Just sharing my opinion. Sorry  if ir differs from yours!

hutch

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 09:57:22 pm »
All i'm saying it I've read one of his books, and i've seen him speak (twice), and i'm glad I didn't pay for any of it. Just sharing my opinion. Sorry  if ir differs from yours!

I know plenty of people don't like Michael Moore...I didn't even say what I thought of him myself.. just pointing out getting free tickets to see him when buying a book is a pretty good deal for those that care..

I guess you're just saying you don't like Michael Moore; thats not saying much!

James Ford

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 10:59:21 pm »
I'm actually watching one of his films on netflix right now.

For the record 9not that anybody cares, unless maybe they agree with me) I find his films compelling. His personal appearances and books are more about him than the films are, and are not nearly as compellig.

I know plenty of people don't like Michael Moore...I didn't even say what I thought of him myself.. just pointing out getting free tickets to see him when buying a book is a pretty good deal for those that care..

azaghal1981

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 11:25:15 pm »
I will agree with this with regard to the appearances.
I'm actually watching one of his films on netflix right now.

For the record 9not that anybody cares, unless maybe they agree with me) I find his films compelling. His personal appearances and books are more about him than the films are, and are not nearly as compellig.

احمد

Yada

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 10:29:59 am »
"The Great Michael Moore."

lolz  ::)

RustyOrgan

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 11:18:04 am »
Wonderful show last night!!  Now to watch his 3 hour appearance on CSPAN BookTV!!

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 11:23:35 am »

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 01:24:10 pm »
A requirement to see him spew his drivvell is to purchase a book?

hmmmmm....that's rather capitalist of him don't you think?