Author Topic: Ben Harper Show 10/4/11  (Read 1924 times)

yermom

Ben Harper Show 10/4/11
« on: October 05, 2011, 02:12:56 am »
So, tonights show was AMAZING. Would love to hear your favorite part of the show. I'm having a hard time narrowing it down, but Suzie Blue was pretty cool.

Che

Re: Ben Harper Show 10/4/11
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 07:49:23 am »
I thought the show was great.  There were a few songs I wish he had played but I would say that no matter what his setlist was.  I think the 10 minute drum solo could have been cut down a bit.  I saw him at the club about 7 years ago and it was a very different set (songs were much shorter and there were no instrumentals), he also has a crap load of material in the last 7 years.

yermom

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 09:33:24 am »
I definitely felt that he was putting himself into his show in a way that I've never seen him do before. He is in a super place right now and I'm so happy that I was able to be a part of that show. :)

Che

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 08:11:23 pm »
Yeah I wish I had tickets for tonights show.  The Setlist from last night is up on his website.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 10:39:08 am »
Last night was excellent - though I do agree that the drum and bass solos were highly unnecessary.  I could also have easily traded one or two of the slide guitar instrumentals with more vocals.  Among the many highlights for me was when he stepped away from the mic and filled the room with his voice.  I was at the upstairs bar at the time, and could hear him loud and clear.