Author Topic: snow  (Read 2252 times)

i am gay and i like cats

snow
« on: October 29, 2011, 10:12:40 am »
this is a real thread started by a real person about a real topic for a real reason.

my parents just called and are driving through the dc area in a while, and had no idea about this snow.  how is the dc/baltimore area doing right now?  bad?  nothing?  out here in the country of virginia it is bad.  i'm lucky to have power, and a friend of mine just got in a horrible accident.

Got Haggis?

Re: snow
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 10:21:50 am »
Raining in Baltimore city, but snowing to the north. Rain/snow line is basically I-95. Not sticking on the roads though, if it dies at all, it won't be until late afternoon / evening.

Yada

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 10:26:26 am »
Already have ten inches in the city, nuts.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 10:45:18 am »
very slick snow...
(_|_)

Mark_Read

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 10:46:20 am »
Mostly rain in Montgomery County North. No more than a half-inch of snow.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 11:38:30 am »
just rolled outta bed a half hour ago (went to the M83 late show, then watched the last few innings of the world series when i got home).  if there was any snow in rockville, i missed it.  it was drizzling when i came back last night and weather.com says that our overnight low was 29 so i'm guessing it snowed lightly at some point, but it's all gone.

ever since the hurricane rolled through here, we've had nothing but crappy weather - rain, clouds, and more rain.  this crappy end-of-season weather has had a huge negative impact on our garden's output.  we have a lot of eggplants and tomatoes that never ripened and ended up rotting on the plant because they didn't get enough sun to mature.  carrots aren't sweet, most squashes didn't produce fruit at all, and cabbage and brussel sprouts went nowhere.  we doubled the size of our garden this past spring but i'm not sure if we produced any more than we did last year.  i hope this just an anomalous bad year, and not a sign of things to come because of climate change.
<sig>

ggw

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 01:54:37 pm »
It is snowing and sleeting pretty heavily at my niece's wedding in Fairfax. And in a bizarre twist of events, nkotb is here.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 03:45:43 pm »
It is snowing and sleeting pretty heavily at my niece's wedding in Fairfax. And in a bizarre twist of events, nkotb is here.

Best Wedding Band Ever? 
T.Rex

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 07:43:23 pm »
Already have ten inches in the city, nuts.

having ten inches isn't nuts . . . it's nice.   ;)

i can't believe how much carnage four or so inches of very wet snow can do.  we were out of power and phone privileges for almost 5 hours today.  so many down trees, cars into utility poles.  sections of i 81 and i 66 shut down.  crazy town.

nkotb

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 10:16:11 pm »
Or Best Wedding Ever?  Blissful snow, free food and drinks, AND finding out you're related to GGW????  If this is a dream, I don't want to wake up...

Best Wedding Band Ever? 

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 04:26:26 am »
^ Congratulations, you guys.

It got up to 56 degrees here on the coast. Got some heavy rain, wind and a little flooding but nothing we can't handle. Not even the threat of snow or any sort of ice. That made me happy.

vansmack

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 03:03:35 pm »
It's 72 and sunny here today.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 03:04:28 pm »

Is she hot?
27>34

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 03:53:38 pm »
yes mister van down by the river . . . we know that you live in sunny california.  actually it is beautiful here today in the country with the sun all shining and the temps up.  i was standing out on the deck staring at the mountains with my shirt off and a piece of straw in my mouth just a minute ago.  yeahhhh . . . . nice.