Author Topic: roger  (Read 20252 times)

ggw

Re: roger
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2011, 01:38:17 pm »

nope . . . this one

http://www.rogerwaters.com/

did not know there was an amex presale . . . oooh, i wonder what seats you get with that?!

The AmEx Preferred Seating (Gold, Platinum, or Black cardholders) is pretty good but not extraordinary.  I pulled up some section 121s and some floor seats (middle of section 4).

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2011, 02:19:55 pm »
Got spendy tix from the roger waters presale.  They don't tell you the exact location of the seats - just a statement that you're located somewhere between sections 1 and 6, rows A thru W - that's the entire floor! 

"Your exact locations will be sent via email within 4-6 weeks."

Bogus.

salarcon

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2011, 03:02:15 pm »
Why not?  It's just once a year.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2011, 06:26:27 pm »
Got spendy tix from the roger waters presale.  They don't tell you the exact location of the seats - just a statement that you're located somewhere between sections 1 and 6, rows A thru W - that's the entire floor! 

Bogus.

my apology . . . i really should have entered in my opinion about getting seats for this show a little more detailed.  i do not believe that floor seats will be "that great" compared to most seats in the 100s, and this show pays to sit back a bit, up-angled.  i just think the floor are too expensive, even if you got front row, which would be horrible for this size and scope of a production.

and i guess roger is ultra crackdown scaplers, with the not knowing your seats and pick up only for the person who buys them, day of.  i like the suspense.

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2011, 07:56:51 pm »

Bogus.

my apology . . . i really should have entered in my opinion about getting seats for this show a little more detailed.  i do not believe that floor seats will be "that great" compared to most seats in the 100s, and this show pays to sit back a bit, up-angled.  i just think the floor are too expensive, even if you got front row, which would be horrible for this size and scope of a production.

and i guess roger is ultra crackdown scaplers, with the not knowing your seats and pick up only for the person who buys them, day of.  i like the suspense.

Having seen the show from very close on the floor (from RW presale seats last year), I'm excited to see it further back this time.  Being very close was cool in some ways, but it was hard to take in the whole scope of it.  I got Sec. 111 in the AmEx presale today and am very happy with that. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2011, 09:39:03 pm »
that's where i saw the show from - 6th row of 111.  i thought it was the perfect distance from the stage - far enough that you could take in the whole stage but close enough to see the details.

if i got floor seats, i would want to be in the middle of the floor.  certainly not front row.
<sig>

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2011, 08:02:58 am »
Just curious, do you remember if people stayed seated along the sides, or were they standing?  The floor was all standing from what I could see.

rich_WDC

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2011, 12:44:24 pm »
Overwhelmingly a sitting crowd.  Totally bummed me out.  Even during "Young Lust" -- not only one of the more rockin and danceable tunes but also one that Roger hadn't played on previous tours -- the bulk of the audience stayed seated.   
And not only a D.C. response; saw one other show, too. Same deal.

Yada

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2011, 12:48:30 pm »
Overwhelmingly a sitting crowd.  Totally bummed me out.  Even during "Young Lust" -- not only one of the more rockin and danceable tunes but also one that Roger hadn't played on previous tours -- the bulk of the audience stayed seated.   
And not only a D.C. response; saw one other show, too. Same deal.

That's what happens to old and burnt to a crisp yuppies. These same people probably bitch at people for standing up at a rock concert.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 12:55:49 pm by Yada »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2011, 12:54:21 pm »
i hate the whole sitting during shows thing.  i like to move my ass all about.  but if the majority of the crowd is sitting, then i do go along.  except when i saw sonic youth open for wilco at dar.  i was the only one getting down and fuck everybody else.

Yada

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2011, 12:56:21 pm »
i hate the whole sitting during shows thing.  i like to move my ass all about.  but if the majority of the crowd is sitting, then i do go along.  except when i saw sonic youth open for wilco at dar.  i was the only one getting down and fuck everybody else.

Don't let anyone stop you and your partner from shaking your tail feathers, walkie!

James Ford

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2011, 01:09:40 pm »
Do you insist on standing at the movies? the ballet? at the dinner table?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2011, 01:16:07 pm »
Do you insist on standing at the movies? the ballet? at the dinner table?

yes . . . sometimes i go over the top and be all rudish and sneery, but really, come on; you are comparing a concert to those other events?  but i do like your posts.  i wish i could lick them.  there, take that.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2011, 01:29:55 pm »
i stood for portions of the show, as did some others in my section, when the music called for it.  definitely got up and wobbled for "young lust".  we were in the minority, maybe 1/10 of the section i was in stood up during the show.  at times everyone sat down, like for "mother".  definitely a sitting show overall.
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2011, 01:31:58 pm »
well you do sit for the most part at a sports arena regardless of what concert it is.
(_|_)