Author Topic: Worst live show you've been dragged to by a spouse/partner/significant other  (Read 10665 times)

James Ford

For me, hands down it was Tori Amos. Thankfully nobody ever dragged me to Ani DiFranco.

Runner up: Medeski, Martin, and Wood

Worst show my current love brought me to: Kurt Elling

hutch

For me, hands down it was Tori Amos. Thankfully nobody ever dragged me to Ani DiFranco.

The recent MMW at the 930?

That was the worst performance I've seen this year.. the crazy thing is apparently the fans picked the set list.. what a snoozer.

reggie

i've been dragged by my lady to see some dumb rock bands that i hate:
Far, Minus the Bear

TonyTonorro

Many years ago, a date dragged me to see the Indigo Girls at Constitution Hall.  That's my nominee here.

hutch

I wish she'd dragged me to Rusted Root.. at least I'd have an excuse why I was there instead of taggin' along with my clueless Deadhead friends...

James Ford

No, I'm guessing Year 2000. Based on memories of my dating history moreso than memories of my concert going history.

The recent MMW at the 930?

That was the worst performance I've seen this year.. the crazy thing is apparently the fans picked the set list.. what a snoozer.

Vas Deferens

Rammstein  
Bon Jovi
Sarah Brightman (X2)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 04:19:12 pm by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

HoyaSaxa03

The Swell Season
(o|o)

i am gay and i like cats

ok . . . this is the second thread started by you revolving around your new fascination with "who people are attached to in a relationship and what they should be called."  odd.

mine is sting and annie lennox at nissan.  don't get me wrong, annie is fine in a small room setting, just not at nissan.  horrible all around.

worst show (for him) i brought him to . . . dinosuar jr at the black cat, when they still destroyed your sense of space and of time and of meaning.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 04:26:16 pm by walkonby »

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
I guess the first would be Saliva at the club, and even got to meet that wonderful fellow before they went on.  As he tried to hit on my friend, he told me he knew I couldn't have been the singer of Filter because they were in rehab together (and then he did a shot) Glad that worked out for you buddy!! :D

The next one would be from an old club employee (*cough*Andi*cough*) who dragged me to see Echobrain (Jason Newstad from Metallica's band) at the club.
3MTA3

Yada

The Wrens
Sufjan Stevens

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
an ex once dragged me to one of her friend's band's gig.  in her defense, she warned me that it wasn't going to be good and that she was going out of solidarity not out of musical interest.  they were total amateurs and it was predictably bad.

with the (current) missus, i'm in the driver's seat when it comes to selecting live shows.  if we end up at a bad one, ain't nobody's fault by mine.  would be interesting to ask her what the worse show was that i've dragged her to... in fact, i think i will.  brb.
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

an ex once dragged me to one of her friend's band's gig.  in her defense, she warned me that it wasn't going to be good and that she was going out of solidarity not out of musical interest.  they were total amateurs and it was predictably bad.

with the (current) missus, i'm in the driver's seat when it comes to selecting live shows.  if we end up at a bad one, ain't nobody's fault by mine.  would be interesting to ask her what the worse show was that i've dragged her to... in fact, i think i will.  brb.

that is . . . a horrible post.

Yada

The wife loathed WEEN...prob. the only show she truely hated.

James Ford

Actually, it wasn't me who had the fascination. I'm thinking it was Yada?

I'm just trying to be inclusive. At one time or another, i'myself have been referred to as a "spouse", a "partner" or a "significant other". Among other things.

ok . . . this is the second thread started by you revolving around your new fascination with "who people are attached to in a relationship and what they should be called."  odd.