Author Topic: Worst live show you've been dragged to by a spouse/partner/significant other  (Read 10654 times)

Yada

Actually, it wasn't me who had the fascination. I'm thinking it was Yada?

I'm just trying to be inclusive. At one time or another, i'myself have been referred to as a "spouse", a "partner" or a "significant other". Among other things.

ok . . . this is the second thread started by you revolving around your new fascination with "who people are attached to in a relationship and what they should be called."  odd.

I have no fascination, I just think the term partner is ridiculous. Sorry walkie!

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
The National
The National
The National

They fucking sucked. We were right smack dab in front of the lead singer and it was so fucking boring. Essentially standing there staring at a boring ass band for over an hour. It's not like you're being shoved around, dancing around, or jumping, we were just standing there. It was so god damn boring.
‼‼?‼‼

Thousand Made-Up Loves

The Wrens
Sufjan Stevens

You're fucking joking, right? Two of the best shows I've ever seen: Sufjan in 2005 and the Wrens in 2005 and 2009.

Yada

The Wrens
Sufjan Stevens

You're fucking joking, right? Two of the best shows I've ever seen: Sufjan in 2005 and the Wrens in 2005 and 2009.

No... but I think a lot of the negativity towards these shows were due to the bitter bitch I was there with. :)

These were both in 04'... But in general, I think the Wrens really suck and Sufjan was kind of interesting there for a while, but in general, he sucks too! Sorry mang!

Christine Moritz

worst show (for him) i brought him to . . . dinosuar jr at the black cat, when they still destroyed your sense of space and of time and of meaning.

Not to mention sense of hearing?

;)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

No... but I think a lot of the negativity towards these shows were due to the bitter bitch I was there with. :)

Stop bringing broads to shows.

Nigel Tufnel

Before my wife really knew anything about Ryan Adams, I dragged her to the 2005(?) Meyerhoff show in Baltimore.  I assured her that she'd like it, and if not at least there were seats.  I thought it was great, but that was the show where he kind of freaked out, sent the Cardinals off the stage, and somehow ended up playing a few unamplified songs while standing on a stool in the middle of the audience while being heckled by the 90% of the crowd that couldn't hear.  Then after he made it back on the stage, the whole audience rushed to the front, and we ended up packed in like sardines.  She found it all very unseemly.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 07:19:49 pm by Nigel Tufnel »

StoneTheCrow

Spin Doctors / Soul Asylum / Screaming Trees

I was pumped for the Trees but was ready to leave as soon as they left the stage.  We did get to leave 4 songs into the headliner's set.  So it wasn't a complete waste of an evening.

Yada

Stop bringing broads to shows.

Did you read the title of this thread? She brought me and the shows sucked.

Let me add another crappy hipster show she took me to....the fiery furnaces.

vansmack

I'd go see a lot of crappy bands if I was reasonably sure I was getting laid out of it.
27>34

Chulahoma

STARS

ggw

Molly Hatchet @ Jaxx circa 2006.

My wife would probably say the Dead Meadow was the worst show to which I have dragged her.

Oh - and the Wrens rule. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
would be interesting to ask her what the worse show was that i've dragged her to... in fact, i think i will.  brb.

i asked but no reply yet.  my guess is sigur ros, nyc, 2008. 

i had seen them in june at the manhattan ballroom (hammerstein), and it was one of the most exquisite show i have ever seen.  certifiably mind-blowing.  very close to The Perfect Show(tm). 

so when they came back 3 months later, i jumped at the chance to share this magic with her.... except that there was no magic that night.  she was bored, i felt bad, and we ended up leaving the show before the main set was over.  from then on, she has referred to SR as "the whale people", since their vocals sounded like plaintiff whale songs to her.  i'm not saying i agree with her, but i will admit to seeing her point. 

that is . . . a horrible post.

aww really?  why?
<sig>

StoneTheCrow

My wife still shudders at the thought of a Killing Joke show I took her to back at the old 930.

eltee

Actually, it wasn't me who had the fascination. I'm thinking it was Yada?

I'm just trying to be inclusive. At one time or another, i'myself have been referred to as a "spouse", a "partner" or a "significant other". Among other things.

ok . . . this is the second thread started by you revolving around your new fascination with "who people are attached to in a relationship and what they should be called."  odd.

I have no fascination, I just think the term partner is ridiculous. Sorry walkie!
Friends (with or without benefits;)) should apply to this scenario.
I can't think...I like the 930 shows I go to and attend more shows than my friends.  I avoid any invited to Buffet or DMB. I can pretty much sniff them out beforehand so I can politely decline. I avoid some of the hippie house shows of family members of friends. I recall another friend dragging me to another local show. FNL and Ned's (Herndon) that's just not music to me so I stopped going. (You know: Kristen and the Noise, Love Seed Mama Jump? Yeah those shows)