Author Topic: Ovie gets Gabby shitcanned  (Read 9427 times)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

Ovie gets Gabby shitcanned
« on: November 28, 2011, 03:18:52 pm »
Too little, too late for Gabby, which is too bad. You can't make hay as an offensive-minded players coach and then flip the switch at the last minute and expect it to work. It was all but over when the Caps were swept by Tampa last year and Ovie quitting on Gabby was pretty much the death knell. I like Bruce, great coach and great guy. But he played fast and loose with the stars (namely Ovie and Semin) for too long and then you're gonna try to play hardass with them at the last minute? You'll never win that battle. Bruce will certainly be hired for another NHL gig and I'm sure he'll get them to the playoffs and have great success (maybe not playoff success, but success in general).

Here's a lesson Dale Hunter can learn from Gabby: Coaching the Caps is like being in prison. Either kick someone's ass on the first day or become somebody's bitch. Hunter should immediately strip Ovie of his captaincy and then make him spend 45 minutes doing suicides. For the entire week.

Ovie keeps this shit up for another season and a half, McPhee better Carter/Richards him and Semin, or else risk his own job.

hutch

Re: Ovie gets Gabby shitcanned
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 03:22:29 pm »
I'm not getting your "lingo"...though I get the gist..

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 03:25:57 pm »
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I totally agree with you.

I'll be at the game tomorrow night for the debut.  Should be interesting.

Yada

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 03:28:41 pm »
I'll be at the Pens/Caps game on Thursday, go Pens!!!!!

wml7

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 03:30:23 pm »
there wasn't enough cuss words in his rant, more mother fucks and shit bags would be better  ;D

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 03:37:19 pm »
there wasn't enough cuss words in his rant, more mother fucks and shit bags would be better  ;D

I've got a FUCK OVIE rant in the queue, just hold your horses.

wml7

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 04:04:12 pm »

I've got a FUCK OVIE rant in the queue, just hold your horses.

there we go, that's the tml we are looking for  ;D

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 04:35:41 pm »
Boudreau has had a stacked line-up for the better part of 3 years now and has squandered it. You don't win the Stanley Cup in the regular season and you never will. I think Bruce did an AMAZING job getting the team in order and making them a powerhouse in the NHL but I just don't think he could ever translate that in the playoffs and at this point not in Washington and not with this team. I think Ovi is amazing, but as a captain I don't think he's been there. I think he focused on being a leader and changed his game and is now just plain lost. I don't think Dale should come in and strip him immediately, but I want to see him come down hard on all of them. This bullshit pussy footing around and not crashing the fucking net is fucking over.

Last 7 games Caps 15 opponents 29 <--- that's not good offense or defense.
‼‼?‼‼

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 06:00:27 pm »
I think Ovi is amazing, but as a captain I don't think he's been there. I think he focused on being a leader and changed his game and is now just plain lost. I don't think Dale should come in and strip him immediately, but I want to see him come down hard on all of them. This bullshit pussy footing around and not crashing the fucking net is fucking over.

Let's just say I disagree with you, especially on the bolded part. Ovie has not grown up and it's beyond fucking time for him to do so. He's in his seventh year in the league and he's acting like a petulant little bitch. He's been treated with kid gloves every single year he's been here and finally, FINALLY, Bruce has the balls to call him on his shit and he throw tantrums. He should have been a healthy scratch after his little tantrum after the Anaheim game. Ovie refuses to listen to coaches and he got what he wanted: Bruce fired.

Teams are onto Ovie's game. He won't adjust his style: bring it up the wing, stick move, come to the slot, another fancy stick move, get off a shot. What pisses me off more is that as Ovie goes, the team goes, so when Ovie and his butt-buddy Alex Semin decide to drag ass and play like lazy little fucks, it brings the rest of the team down, both on the scoreboard and mentally. Which is why it is so dangerous to have him wear the C. It's always dangerous to have your best player be your captain because his lack of leadership skills overshadow his talent. Ovie's thinking more about pimping bitches at Clyde's and speeding his sports cars on 66.

I still like Ovie, but I wish someone, perhaps his father, would get into his thick fucking skull and wake him the fuck up. He's potentially flushing his career and legacy down the toilet the next few years. But as we all know, he doesn't care about that shit.

Lotta Caps fans need to take off the rose-colored glasses when it comes to Ovie. I think a lot of it is they don't want to admit the asshole who they spent $150-200 buying his jersey is really dragging this team down.

wml7

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 06:15:42 pm »
nice nice, classic.  Now start one for those horrible Redskins that everyone in here likes  ;D

notme

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 06:29:32 pm »
time to sell the jersey while it still has resale value

wml7

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 06:46:05 pm »
This is how Ovie plays

;D

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 10:23:12 am »
I think Ovi is amazing, but as a captain I don't think he's been there. I think he focused on being a leader and changed his game and is now just plain lost. I don't think Dale should come in and strip him immediately, but I want to see him come down hard on all of them. This bullshit pussy footing around and not crashing the fucking net is fucking over.

Let's just say I disagree with you, especially on the bolded part. Ovie has not grown up and it's beyond fucking time for him to do so. He's in his seventh year in the league and he's acting like a petulant little bitch. He's been treated with kid gloves every single year he's been here and finally, FINALLY, Bruce has the balls to call him on his shit and he throw tantrums. He should have been a healthy scratch after his little tantrum after the Anaheim game. Ovie refuses to listen to coaches and he got what he wanted: Bruce fired.

Teams are onto Ovie's game. He won't adjust his style: bring it up the wing, stick move, come to the slot, another fancy stick move, get off a shot. What pisses me off more is that as Ovie goes, the team goes, so when Ovie and his butt-buddy Alex Semin decide to drag ass and play like lazy little fucks, it brings the rest of the team down, both on the scoreboard and mentally. Which is why it is so dangerous to have him wear the C. It's always dangerous to have your best player be your captain because his lack of leadership skills overshadow his talent. Ovie's thinking more about pimping bitches at Clyde's and speeding his sports cars on 66.

I still like Ovie, but I wish someone, perhaps his father, would get into his thick fucking skull and wake him the fuck up. He's potentially flushing his career and legacy down the toilet the next few years. But as we all know, he doesn't care about that shit.

Lotta Caps fans need to take off the rose-colored glasses when it comes to Ovie. I think a lot of it is they don't want to admit the asshole who they spent $150-200 buying his jersey is really dragging this team down.
Wellp, we have him for 96 more years so hopefully something changes at some point.
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 01:59:25 pm »
At least the new guy has what can sort of pass for hockey hair. The old guy, not so much.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 09:14:01 pm »
I've said it before and I stand by it, #8 has all the talent in the world but has ZERO heart, ZERO class, and ZERO respect for the game.  When he picks up at least two of those three he will have a chance at winning.
FUKIT