Author Topic: Political Correctness...  (Read 3371 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Political Correctness...
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 11:17:35 am »
who cares . . . just live your fucking life.  who cares what other people do or think.  i don't care anymore and god my life is sooooooooo much easier.  i can't believe i let other people get in my way and allowed their lives to control my life.  other people are put around you to distract you from what you should be doing. 

nkotb

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 12:11:42 pm »
Not sure why I'm even bothering to chiming in here, but did you even read the article?  They didn't replace "gay" to make sure we didn't offend gays; they removed it because kids don't recognize that word to mean anything other than "homosexual".  In fact, they SANG the song as it was written before changing it:

"First- and second-graders would not stop giggling when they sang the word "gay.""

Imagine trying to sing that song to a room full kids cracking up because they think the guy is dressed up like Johnny Weir.  Sounds a lot less "we're afraid of offending everyone" than it is "let's stop these idiots from laughing so we can get on with our day."

There's a lot of over PC shit in this world...it shouldn't be hard to pick a real example to prove the war on Christmas.

I have no idea in hell if there is already a thread about the totally absurd concept of political correctness, but this story just goes to show how damn stupid some people get.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/parents-outraged-over-teacher-removing-word-gay-deck-164802191.html

Really???

wml7

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 03:01:17 pm »

;D

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 03:49:08 pm »
look at that crazy position johnny is in . . . how queer.  and look at that ass!

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 08:20:31 pm »
Are you saying the teacher was stupid, or the parents for objecting?

FYI the term "politically correct" is almost never used except as a bogeyman by the right wing.

1) The former.
2) It is a concept contrived by the libtards to 'protect' us' thus allowing them to become the thought police.

Besides apparently misunderstanding the article, and the term political correctness, Since you are using terms like "iibtards," you're clearly not of a sufficient intellectual stature to have this discussion. 
_\|/_

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2011, 09:13:28 pm »

FYI the term "politically correct" is almost never used except as a bogeyman by the right wing.

1) The former.
2) It is a concept contrived by the libtards to 'protect' us' thus allowing them to become the thought police.

Besides apparently misunderstanding the article, and the term political correctness, Since you are using terms like "iibtards," you're clearly not of a sufficient intellectual stature to have this discussion. 

Typical response when one has no valid point to make.
FUKIT

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2011, 09:41:12 pm »

1) The former.

Typical response when one has no valid point to make.

I made a valid point, which just like the article, you missed. 
_\|/_

azaghal1981

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2011, 10:41:59 pm »
Thinking about it more, the parents should be outraged if this is a public school. If I had kids in a public school, I sure as hell would not want them coming home singing Christmas songs. There is that whole separation of church and state thing. I guess if you were to include them in with songs from non-Christian religious holidays as a part of a music appreciation class of sorts, that'd be ok. But that could also be a grey area.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 10:55:02 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد