Author Topic: Friday Jan. 6th in the Backbar, bassy dance music w/ DENMAN + R4NS0M  (Read 3807 times)

R4NS0M

Join us deep in the throws of a night that marries the down lows of bass-centric music, from future bass and dubstep, to juke, jungle & drum'n'bass. Not familiar with any of these genres? Then come out this Friday night and get familiar. This is a night found few and far between in the District in these times:

ZOo00OOM!

brought to you by the master workings of

DENMAN
+
R4NS0M

Friday January 6th, 2012
11PM - 3AM
$5 cover -- the first 8 people paying cover will get our drink tickets!
21+ to get in

This is our second night at the U Street Music Hall helmed BACKBAR, who is our spatial host of the evening.

Backbar
815 V. St. NW
Washington, DC
(basement of the 930 Club)

It's going to be a tempo tantrum.

Special thanks to Nat Utopium for the use of the photograph, taken on Water Street NW.

-----
Facebook RSVP: http://www.facebook.com/events/182720061826238/

R4NS0M

Re: Friday Jan. 6th in the Backbar, bassy dance music w/ DENMAN + R4NS0M
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 01:08:45 pm »
This is tonight!

Should be an interesting event, wondering how the people attending the Nerdist Podcast show will take to what is going on in the basement...

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 01:48:35 pm »
What is official capacity for the Backbar?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 02:24:18 pm »
I was told 'around 50'
‼‼?‼‼

R4NS0M

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 04:39:47 pm »
I was told 'around 50'

Same. It's definitely a "micro-club" but an awesome space for trying out new ideas. We've done one night so far, and I'm excited about continuing to do stuff there.

Also, DFA1979, you've done a party or two there recently, right? How have they been?

And I forgot to mention, people at the Nerdist show upstairs can come downstairs, the club allows the traffic from up there. Last show we did, a lot of people came from upstairs just to get a lower populated bar, and ended up hanging out for a while.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 05:15:59 pm »

Why would you show a pic from where the Bayou use to be?? :( That's just wrong!! lol

RIP
3MTA3

R4NS0M

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 05:20:20 pm »
Why would you show a pic from where the Bayou use to be?? :( That's just wrong!! lol

RIP

Hey! I always liked this photo, never even thought about possible history behind the location.

I never got to go to any shows there, but wasn't the Bayou a few blocks before this part of Water Street? Where that movie theatre is now?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 05:48:36 pm »
here . . . allow me to sample into your thread

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 05:57:51 pm »
I never got to go to any shows there, but wasn't the Bayou a few blocks before this part of Water Street?

Where that movie theatre is now?

It's K Street, isn't it? and, yeah, the movie theatre is more or less where it was.

I have some great memories of that place.  Wish I had seen more shows there but then again I say that about the old 930, too.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 06:28:07 pm »
Last show we did, a lot of people came from upstairs just to get a lower populated bar, and ended up hanging out for a while.

A ringing endorsement.
(o|o)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 02:50:31 pm »
I was told 'around 50'

Same. It's definitely a "micro-club" but an awesome space for trying out new ideas. We've done one night so far, and I'm excited about continuing to do stuff there.

Also, DFA1979, you've done a party or two there recently, right? How have they been?

And I forgot to mention, people at the Nerdist show upstairs can come downstairs, the club allows the traffic from up there. Last show we did, a lot of people came from upstairs just to get a lower populated bar, and ended up hanging out for a while.
Alright, tough place every time I've played there. 3 times now, it's tough because there's a cover and drinks aren't really cheap. Fun though, I like the sound and if there's people in there it can get rockin. SHopegfully back in in February.
‼‼?‼‼

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 05:22:49 pm »
I never got to go to any shows there, but wasn't the Bayou a few blocks before this part of Water Street?

Where that movie theatre is now?

It's K Street, isn't it? and, yeah, the movie theatre is more or less where it was.

I have some great memories of that place.  Wish I had seen more shows there but then again I say that about the old 930, too.

yeah the Bayou/Movie Theater is maybe 2-3 blocks down from where that pic was actually taken.  So many crazy memories of that club.
3MTA3