Author Topic: TEBOW!  (Read 6644 times)

Brian_Wallace

TEBOW!
« on: January 08, 2012, 10:10:39 pm »

....is awesome!  That is all.

Although, can anyone guess Ricky Gervais's Tim Tebow "joke(s)" at the Golden Globes next week?  You know how much he hates Christianity.   God, I really hate him.  Gervais, that is.  Almost as much as I hate Rolling Stone magazine, Pink Floyd, Bruce Springsteen, the Beatles....

Let's go to Miss Thang for a final comment:

Giants fan but wow. #Tebow Thats what the **** a champion looks like.
Mon Jan 09 01:13:14 via web
Lady Gaga
ladygaga

Preach on sister!  You two would make a cute couple.

Brian

azaghal1981

Re: TEBOW!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 10:35:32 pm »
So the Jesus Freak beat the rapist.

I guess that's good???
احمد

James Ford

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 10:47:27 pm »
The rapist is apparently also a Jesus freak as well.

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 01:14:01 am »

Tebow '12.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 03:19:56 am »
as a fan of the patriots, i couldn't be any happier.  thank you tebow!
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 09:48:28 am »
the rapist . . . only likes women, so the jesus freak would approve of the rape.

Shadrach

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 04:34:16 pm »
How can anyone "hate" The Beatles? All the others I get, but even if you're not a fan, hate seems pretty strong.

Although, can anyone guess Ricky Gervais's Tim Tebow "joke(s)" at the Golden Globes next week?  You know how much he hates Christianity.   God, I really hate him.  Gervais, that is.  Almost as much as I hate Rolling Stone magazine, Pink Floyd, Bruce Springsteen, the Beatles....

Lady Gaga
ladygaga

Brian

James Ford

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 04:40:44 pm »
Somebody else on here was hating in the Beatles. (TMUL?)

I think it's probably not a hatred for the band itself but rather a hatred for all of the lazy people whose musical taste doesn't go much beyond the Beatles.

How can anyone "hate" The Beatles? All the others I get, but even if you're not a fan, hate seems pretty strong.

Lady Gaga
ladygaga

Brian

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 04:47:20 pm »

Lady Gaga
ladygaga

Brian

I could be here all day but here's reason #4,673:

There was nothing real about ANY of their music.  There was no THERE, there.  It's all self-satisfied rock music in a vacuum.

You can separate Beatles songs into four categories:

1.) Kids songs ("Yellow Submarine", "Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da")
2.) Humorless, Fortune cookie platitudes ("Let It Be", "Help!")
3.) "I'm crying out for a hug" songs ("You've Got To Hide Your Love Away")
4.) "Won't teacher be impressed by how CLEVER I am!" songs ("A Day in the Life", "Tomorrow Never Knows")

Crap!  ALL of it!  My favorite Beatles song is something like their cover of "Rock N Roll Music".  THAT'S real.  They kick ass on something like that.

Even the Stones had way more relatable, "authentic" songs.  Where's the Beatles "No Expectations?"  Their "Midnight Rambler?"

Everything about the Beatles was cowardly and precious.  Owww....we don't want to TOUR ANYMORE! 

Compare "Revolution" to "Street Fighting Man" and you'll know what I mean. 

How many Beatles songs can you dance to?

How many Beatles songs can you f*** to?

Brian

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 04:55:12 pm »
for someone that hates his beatles . . . he sure knows his beatles.

stevewizzle

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 05:02:15 pm »
helter skelter.

and i would argue if you had to go as deep as four categories, there is at least something there.

TEBOWMANIA!

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 05:49:22 pm »
That was truly fucking amazing. I despise the Steelers. I'm a fan of Tebow, for everyone who says he shoves his faith in people's face, I didn't see a single thing yesterday. If no one knew about his faith and he acted the same, it wouldn't be an issue. He just fucking wins. Most passing yards allowed by the Steelers all year. That being said, the Partriots are going to demolish the Broncos next week.
‼‼?‼‼

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 06:55:10 pm »

Are you so sure?

The Patriots defense (especially pass defense) is HORRIBLE!  And if Dumervil or Von Miller can get to Brady, he can get rattled (see Jets playoff game last year.)  If yesterday wasn't an aberration and the Broncos have SOME sort of pass attack, they at least have a puncher's chance.

I hate the Steelers, too and two things were made clear yesterday:

1.)  When James Harrison isn't dishing out concussions and cheap shots, he SUCKS at containment.
2.)  Troy Polamalu has been "free-lancing" so much that he's forgotten what position he plays.  It's SAFETY.  Ike Taylor has gotten all the blame but it was disgraceful how little help he got.

Brian

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 07:58:13 pm »
The Patriots defense (especially pass defense) is HORRIBLE!

true dat, for the most part, although they have shown occasional glimmers of decency.  one of those glimmers occurred in week 15 against... the broncos.

the pat's offense it more spectacular than their defense is horrible, so the only way to beat them is to put up more points... and the broncos haven't proven they can keep up.  they're averaging under 20 points a game, pats are averaging about 35.  plus, the game is at foxboro.

but yeah, i'll give you that if they play like yesterday, and brady has an off day (whether pass-pressure induced or otherwise), they could pull it off.  unless it snows on saturday - in which case denver doesn't stand a chance.
<sig>

Stillwater

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 12:11:07 am »
40 MPH winds... no snow as it stands...