Author Topic: Internet radio opinions and recs  (Read 1501 times)

bellenseb

Internet radio opinions and recs
« on: January 17, 2012, 11:00:40 am »
So I just got a bigger data plan and the TuneIn app and am looking for some internet radio recs in the indie/eclectic vein, preferably with some human presence.

Right now in my presets I've got The Current (lots of good new music and personality, but a little too po-faced/Paste Magazine/taste-agnostic/NPR/up with people for my tastes. Too much dour self serious britpop and played-out commercial alt-rock); KEXP (probably my favorite, lots of new stuff, pretty well in line with my tastes); Indie Pop Rocks @ SomaFM (great, lots of new stuff added regularly, but no humans or shows, just a jukebox).

Ideally I'd like to find something in between KEXP and The Current, not too happy happy Paste Magazine  but that leans a little more to the indie singer-songwriter/indie pop side of things and less to loud rock. Any ideas?

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: Internet radio opinions and recs
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 11:38:51 am »
Of course, I have to recommend Air Atlantic Underground Radio.

Not much on the human factor but plenty of good music. Check the Broadcast Schedule for various shows.

Live365 has added several aps that you can find on their site. You can also stream the station via Roku.

azaghal1981

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 12:45:53 pm »
WFMU

Tons of human presence and you are almost guaranteed to hear something new every time you tune in.

It leans more toward the avant garde/experimental end of the spectrum than what you listed but you eventually get a feel for every DJ and what they play so if that is not your thing, it is easy to avoid.
احمد

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 01:04:48 pm »