Author Topic: This might make for an interesting topic  (Read 16949 times)

hutch

Re: This might make for an interesting topic
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 06:30:41 pm »
personally . . . i don't care either way.  i live without television, and i'm sure i could live without the internet.  it really is just a toy.  a toy for people who cannot grow up.  like peter pan.  i just found it fucking stupid that google would put a black band across their name as if that is some sort of protest.  personally i couldn't give a shit about this particular protest or the internet or what congress does to people.  people don't have the ability to stop shit in this country, and what google did is just another snap shot of the truth.  i think i'll have a wonderful beer that i just bought, and play batman on the xbox.  that is what i care about right now.

Please get rid of your internet connection! It would be great for humanity.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 06:35:54 pm »
if you think that i'm that important to humanity . . . you are as dumb as i think.

hutch

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 06:46:34 pm »
if you think that i'm that important to humanity . . . you are as dumb as i think.

dude you bore me.. all your comments are negative.. why don't you get rid of that internet connection pretty please?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 06:47:55 pm »
All the ruckus raised over this has not been for nothing.  Co-authors of both of these bills had their names taken off of them today.

hutch

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 07:28:22 pm »
All the ruckus raised over this has not been for nothing.  Co-authors of both of these bills had their names taken off of them today.

well not entirely for nothing.. it allowed James Ford and Walkie to waste our collective time getting their panties in a bunch.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 08:31:03 pm »
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-01-18/six-u-s-lawmakers-abandon-anti-piracy-bills-as-google-protests.html

yeah . . . lets's all download an album that isn't out yet in celebration.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 08:34:52 pm »

well not entirely for nothing.. it allowed James Ford and Walkie to waste our collective time getting their panties in a bunch.

god . . . i love the fact that you hate me so much, but yet you still call me walkie.

here, this is for you

nkotb

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2012, 10:38:14 am »
Didn't this happen because of the ruckus raised today?  Seems it wasn't really "for nothing" IMO, but I could be wrong.

James Ford

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2012, 10:44:47 am »
can't speak for chaz, but maybe that's what he was saying in a double negative kind of way?

Didn't this happen because of the ruckus raised today?  Seems it wasn't really "for nothing" IMO, but I could be wrong.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2012, 10:47:38 am »
Thank you rhett...I don't talk so good sometimes.

Yes.  What I meant is that all the online activism is paying off...supporters of these bills are jumping ship left and right.

can't speak for chaz, but maybe that's what he was saying in a double negative kind of way?

nkotb

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2012, 10:49:18 am »
Sorry...just my terrible reading comprehension.  And also the fact that everyone is such a Debbie Downer in her lately  ;)

Thank you rhett...I don't talk so good sometimes.

Yes.  What I meant is that all the online activism is paying off...supporters of these bills are jumping ship left and right.

wml7

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2012, 11:09:46 am »
yeah, all you debbie downers  ;D

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2012, 11:29:01 am »
that made me think of little debbie snack cakes.  now i want one.  yum.  right on.  after that dm show call, it's pies and anchovies from here on out.

betao

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2012, 07:59:24 pm »
Today's Update:

Megaupload, a very popular file uploading/downloading server, was taken down by the Feds today.

The hacktivist group known as "Anonymous" retaliated by taking down the websites for the Department of Justice, RIAA, Universal Music Group, MPAA, and the White House.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 09:08:01 pm »
 :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o

You know, that, in part, might explain why it took me a ridiculous amount of time today to download a new album a band sent me to play on my radio station. All totally legitimate, sent by a band who completely owns all of their own music; to a radio station to help promote their music that pays those gangsters at some of those letter agencies forced fees for every song aired and for every single listener. Money, that, in turn, is used to keep down small radio stations and webcasters, as well as small time bands trying to get their music out to the public. Also, lots of musicians who share portions of songs back and forth to work on tracks, among other totally legal and completely ethical activities.

Further proving that not all transferred files are pirated. It's stuff like this that makes many of us fight the SOPA and PIPA acts!

« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 09:12:25 pm by Jaguar »