Author Topic: MOG v Spotify?  (Read 2131 times)

brennser

MOG v Spotify?
« on: February 01, 2012, 11:25:00 am »
Hey all

So I cancelled emusic over Xmas - I had been willing to put up with the gradual erosion in VFM over the years but then they redesigned the site into a lumbering, impossible to find anything mess.

So I signed up for MOG - basically on the recommendation of a friend and one or two internet reviews that gave it the edge over Spotify.

So far I love it! $9.99 for all you can eat incl unlimited downloads to your mobile. Easy to use interface and pretty deep catalog as far as I can tell (they don;t have the new Pulled Apart by Horses though)

Anyone other boardies using it?

Yada

Re: MOG v Spotify?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 11:25:37 am »
Until Spotify forces me to pay, I'll continue to use Spotify in my office.

Driveway

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 11:31:17 am »
I hear Spotify has a horrible model for actually getting the bands paid.  With that being said, I love the service. 

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 11:59:05 am »
brennser, can you download files to your computer too?

what happens if you cancel after six months? will you be able to play the ones you already downloaded to your device?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 12:00:55 pm by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

brennser

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 03:53:56 pm »
nope, you never actually end up physicially owning anything - once you cancel you're downloads are gone - but for $10 a month and the convenience I can live with that - stuff I really like I'll still probabyl end up buying in some other format

fatskippy

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 03:54:09 pm »
My Rhapsody hasn't been working lately so I cancelled it and planned on signing up for Spotify.  Spotify requires a Facebook account to sign up, even for the premium service, and there's no way around it.  That's $10/month they won't be getting from this guy.

James Ford

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 04:00:15 pm »
Why not?

My Rhapsody hasn't been working lately so I cancelled it and planned on signing up for Spotify.  Spotify requires a Facebook account to sign up, even for the premium service, and there's no way around it.  That's $10/month they won't be getting from this guy.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 04:05:08 pm »
he's making a stand.

fatskippy

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 04:10:54 pm »
Why not?

If I am going to pay for a service, I don't see why I should have sign up for something else that's totally unrelated.

Yada

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 02:59:19 pm »
Why not?

If I am going to pay for a service, I don't see why I should have sign up for something else that's totally unrelated.

but what about letting all of your friends know what you're listening to!

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 03:00:28 pm »
http://www.theonion.com/articles/facebook-to-launch-ipo,27234/

Social networking site Facebook is expected to go public this week and will likely become the largest tech IPO in history. What do you think?

"They may want to hold off on that?a few of my friends are threatening to leave Facebook over some of its new features."
(o|o)

azaghal1981

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 03:23:01 pm »
I initially thought this thread was called Moz V Spotify and that Morrissey was complaining about Spotify for nonsensical reasons because that is what he does.
احمد