Author Topic: Fiona Apple  (Read 9392 times)

agenthal

Re: Fiona Apple
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 10:09:28 am »
Exactly. I did Google and got everything from 200-900.  ::)

And no, the only ones for sure on Stubhub are the ones with the green Instant Ticket Download. That said, it /is/ safe to get tickets from Stubhub even if they don't have the tickets. At worst, you get a full refund. Once my family got new tickets and like $500 in credit for our troubles (just call and bitch a lot). Most times though Stubhub will buy from the available tickets and fulfill your order, and charge the scalpers stupid enough to list tickets they don't have for it.  ;D A quick peek also showed that about 50 people have already *bought* non-existant tickets for this show before the onsale for $90-120, so obviously the demand is going to be crazy...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:15:06 am by agenthal »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 10:19:33 am »
i saw fiona apple open for coldplay back in 2006.  her performance was pretty terrible.  has she improved much since then? 

what does it say about her that my standards were low enough to see coldplay and she couldn't entertain me?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:21:23 am by sweetcell »
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 10:20:30 am »
Exactly. I did Google and got everything from 200-900.  ::)

And no, the only ones for sure on Stubhub are the ones with the green Instant Ticket Download. That said, it /is/ safe to get tickets from Stubhub even if they don't have the tickets. At worst, you get a full refund. Once my family got new tickets and like $500 in credit for our troubles (just call and bitch a lot). Most times though Stubhub will buy from the available tickets and fulfill your order, and charge the scalpers stupid enough to list tickets they don't have for it.  ;D A quick peek also showed that about 50 people have already *bought* non-existant tickets for this show before the onsale for $90-120, so obviously the demand is going to be crazy...

I thought so...can't find the original thread but someone on here was saying that every ticket on stubhub is available and that's clearly not the case.

Yada

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 10:23:01 am »
That's assuming you know how to google. I think 900 is about right.

Main Sanctuary
Alternate Venue Max Capacity: 900 people
Supported Layouts and Capacities
Seating Capacity
Capacity: 900 People

Multi Purpose Room
Alternate Venue Max Capacity: 60 people
Supported Layouts and Capacities
Classroom - 30"
Capacity: 60 People

Social hall
Alternate Venue Max Capacity: 160 people

What is the capacity of this show?

Google is your friend.

Downstairs is an intimate music hall and performance space. With a capacity of about 200 (seated and standing), it?s a unique setting to experience today?s most talented, on-the-verge artists, up-close-and-personal. Drinks (cash bar) are available for purchase during shows.

pwn't!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 10:24:06 am »
I thought so...can't find the original thread but someone on here was saying that every ticket on stubhub is available and that's clearly not the case.

whoever said that was wrong.  anyone can list anything on stubhub, no proof is required.  when stubhub sells you a ticket they are going off a promise from the seller that he/she can actually supply the ticket.
<sig>

shf9

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 10:37:47 am »
tickets on stubhub are guaranteed; if you buy a ticket on there, you will get into the show.

the only time i remember hearing about an issue with this was the 2011 BCS Championship Game when sellers were selling tickets that they didn't have and couldn't get, and Stubhub was offering purchaser's very large amounts of cash to not attend the game.

source:

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksbeat/2011/01/bcs_national_championship_stub.html

K8teebug

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 10:39:51 am »
We met someone at the LCD Show last year who was told at the gate his ticket had already been scanned.  Stubhub upgraded his and his friends' seats.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 11:04:07 am »
tickets on stubhub are guaranteed; if you buy a ticket on there, you will get into the show.

i think it would be more precise to say that your purchase is guaranteed, but the tickets aren't.  stubhub will get you in with better tickets if the ones you bought don't materialize or they'll refund you. 
<sig>

shf9

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 11:05:08 am »

i think it would be more precise to say that your purchase is guaranteed, but the tickets aren't.  stubhub will get you in with better tickets if the ones you bought don't materialize or they'll refund you. 

ok, yes, that is correct.

K8teebug

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 11:05:15 am »
gone.  nothing nothing nothing...and then all the tickets were gone.  bull.

agenthal

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2012, 11:05:56 am »
I'm trying for Brooklyn, but yeah, got nothing in this sale hahaha.

RustyOrgan

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2012, 11:06:43 am »
Couldn't get a DC ticket :(

agenthal

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 11:08:51 am »
If anyone really wants to go... someone on Stubhub has them for $90. I'd jump on that real fast before prices skyrocket.

K8teebug

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2012, 11:09:32 am »
I don't 90 dollars want to go.

agenthal

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2012, 11:11:12 am »
Lol yeah I was just saying.