Author Topic: Late Night DC Eats  (Read 8315 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Late Night DC Eats
« on: February 24, 2012, 12:37:56 pm »
So as I've wandered the streets and have been faced with the reality that the night isn't over when the bars let out, but we're out of booze to head back to someone's place. So, we look for somewhere to eat! I've tried a couple of the late night spots, mostly the essentials, but are there any other places around that are worth the wait, the trip, and the money?

Last week I went out to the Orange & Black burger joint that recently opened on 14th and U. Burgers that SOUND very appealing, but the one I got was nothing special. It did hit the spot, but I probably wouldn't go sober. Across the street is ChiDogO's, which is a hot dog place that wants to serve Chicago style dogs but kinda fail miserably. I don't even know if it's still there... Anyway! Obviously there are the essential jumbo slices and Ben's Chili Bowl, I know a couple asian places that are open up late too and a couple weeks ago I hit up The Hamilton. I also know Toki Underground has pushed their kitchen to be open later on weekends, but I think it's just til midnight.

Any suggestions? Any new places?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 11:26:11 am by DeathFromAbove1979 »
‼‼?‼‼

kmcass23

Re: Late Night DC Eats
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 02:51:22 pm »
i believe toki kitchen closes at 12 on weeknights now and 2 on weekends.

James Ford

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 03:29:41 pm »
Maybe you should grow up and stop wandering the streets drunkenly. I mean, how old are you anyway?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 03:43:09 pm »
Maybe you should grow up and stop wandering the streets drunkenly. I mean, how old are you anyway?

I dream of one day moving to Fairfax and driving drunk rather than walking drunk.
(o|o)

hutch

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 03:45:39 pm »

OH MY GOD! THE HORROR! HE GETS DRUNK AND WALKS AROUND LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO GET SOME FOOD!!!!!!!!

James Ford

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 03:58:46 pm »
I dream of there being some sort of law of nature whereby anyone who is drunk in public automatically falls down dead.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 03:59:13 pm »
You're such a lame-o sometimes.

Yada

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 03:59:26 pm »
I dream of there being some sort of law of nature whereby anyone who is drunk in public automatically falls down dead.

sweet schtick breah.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 10:52:31 am »
I'm 24, does no one else go out on weekends? And then walk.... to a friends house...?

I think you focused on the wrong bit of my original inquiry... So, does anyone know any late night places? I went to Red Palace the other night and had their sliders and I think they might be the best slides I've ever had. I'm not positive as to how late their kitchen stays open though.
‼‼?‼‼

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 10:58:29 am »
Taylor is open late on the weekends. H Street until 3am and 14th Street till 3:30am.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 11:02:40 am »
I'm 24, does no one else go out on weekends? And then walk.... to a friends house...?

I think you focused on the wrong bit of my original inquiry... So, does anyone know any late night places? I went to Red Palace the other night and had their sliders and I think they might be the best slides I've ever had. I'm not positive as to how late their kitchen stays open though.

your first words . . . are the origins of the hate

i think the beer drinker is something like 60 by now.   ;D

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 11:28:17 am »
Taylor is open late on the weekends. H Street until 3am and 14th Street till 3:30am.
That place sounds sooo goooddd

@walkonby I didnt realize drinking offended so many people on here. Forgot how straight edge the kids in DC are! My stars.
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 11:30:39 am »
no no . . . you misunderstood.  i was making a joke about james ford (the beer drinker), who was being a meanie.  i was saying that he is old, and you are young . . . hence the reason he was being mean.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 12:21:20 pm »
God forbid people destroy their bodies :p

Anyone know about this taco place going in at corner of 9th and U?
‼‼?‼‼

Captain Jack

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 01:52:10 am »
Julia's Empanada's (stoned)
Steak'n'Egg (drunk)