Author Topic: Radiohead chit chat  (Read 52125 times)

Cock Van Der Palm

Re: Radiohead chit chat
« Reply #210 on: June 04, 2012, 06:15:17 pm »
I bought section 113's for a friend day of show., which is awesome because ticket drops screw the scalpers.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 06:50:57 pm by jeffml »

wml7

« Reply #211 on: June 04, 2012, 06:18:04 pm »
Definitely a good show.  I have a few complaints--no "How to Disappear Completely," still don't understand why they're playing "Meeting in the Aisle" over so many other great and undervalued B-sides, the second encore was almost too dreamy and low-key--but, in general, had a great time.  I thought "The National Anthem" feat. Queen Elizabeth and "You and Whose Army?" were the highlights of the night.

THE QUEEN speaking ahead of THE NATIONAL ANTHEM was almost too classic to define. I freaked out when they came back on and played YOU AND WHOSE ARMY. Was hoping for that all night. The re-imagined MEETING IN THE AISLE was a great surprise as well. Overall, an amazing set from the greatest band in the world. My only gripes:

1) No Myxamytosis: They have played it throughout the tour and somehow deemed it not fit for this show? That ain't right.
2)Didn't close the beginning set with IDIOTEQUE. C'mon... I know they messed it up in NJ 2 nights ago... That doesn't mean you scrap it from the entire show.
3) WEIRD FISHES: REALLY? Yr not going to play the song that many deem the sole reason they got into IN RAINBOWS...

I'm not going to be the one who degrades the entire show for these missteps, but the fact that they didn't touch these songs at all leaves me begging for more. C'MON RADIOHEAD! DO US A SOLID!

I think the reason they didn't play Idioteque is because something was wrong with the board.  We saw their tech guy Duncan from the floor fooling around with it for awhile and then removing something.  I guess they didn't want three nights of bad Idioteque
 ;D

K8teebug

« Reply #212 on: June 05, 2012, 07:53:59 am »
Well i was very excited for the show....and i can't say it disappointed but the Verizon Center is just such the wrong place for them.  I had decent seats...but still no one really else "getting into the music" around me. The whole things just weird there really.  Its a shame the Jazz Fest kept this show from being at Merriweather.

I love every Radiohead song just about so I'm always happy with the songs they play and understand they can't play em all but....

my ninth Radiohead show and one song (other than new stuff) was played that i'd never seen live before. (MITA)

The encore was just all wrong to me. I'll definitely be leaving two songs early in Jersey so beat traffic.

One thing i always liked about Radiohead was how their setlist was so fluid from start to finish. But not this time. Their constant changing of instruments between every song made the whole show seem a bit disjointed. 

Other than that. they are still better than anyone else around.  Just wish they would tour more than once every four years around here.

Glad I skipped it.  Sad it wasn't at Merriweather.

bearman🐻

« Reply #213 on: June 05, 2012, 09:56:08 am »
I've seen them at Merriweather. The lighting and stage setup may not have worked as well there. In fact, when I saw them there in 2003, it seemed a bit stripped down. They made the most of the space and I don't see what was wrong with Verizon. I've seen them off and on since 1995. To see how they've evolved in that time is remarkable. Very glad I went. I'd go see them again on this tour if I could.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #214 on: June 05, 2012, 10:56:12 am »
I'd go see them again on this tour if I could.

Why? To see the exact same songs again in the exact same order?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #215 on: June 05, 2012, 10:57:55 am »

Cuz he likes the band and had fun.  Duh.

bearman🐻

« Reply #216 on: June 05, 2012, 11:10:40 am »
Because if you follow the band, not every night is the same, and the order isn't the same. Why should I have to justify why I want to see a band more than once on a tour anyway? Why do people ride rollercoasters more than once? Why do people eat at the same restaurants more than once?

bearman🐻

« Reply #217 on: June 05, 2012, 11:11:50 am »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #218 on: June 05, 2012, 11:27:58 am »
i loved the show, but y'all already knew that.

truth be told, this was my third time seeing them this tour and the other 2 shows were even better - or at least more enjoyable for me, since i was dealing with some group dynamics on sunday.  also, i was in the seats this time whereas for those first two i was down in front.  show highlight for me was go to sleep --> the gloaming.  i'll never get tired of the national anthem live.  mr magpie is my sleeper hit off the new album - sounds so much better live.  give up the ghost is indeed a damn pretty song.

hopefully it's not 4 more years until the next dose.  they're my favorite band to see live.
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #219 on: June 05, 2012, 12:26:14 pm »

Ive seen them 5 times this tour, with more to come
 ;D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #220 on: June 05, 2012, 01:12:14 pm »

excuse me sir, your ignorance is showing.

you're welcome.
<sig>

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #221 on: June 05, 2012, 04:30:04 pm »
Definitely a good show.  I have a few complaints--no "How to Disappear Completely," still don't understand why they're playing "Meeting in the Aisle" over so many other great and undervalued B-sides, the second encore was almost too dreamy and low-key--but, in general, had a great time.  I thought "The National Anthem" feat. Queen Elizabeth and "You and Whose Army?" were the highlights of the night.

THE QUEEN speaking ahead of THE NATIONAL ANTHEM was almost too classic to define. I freaked out when they came back on and played YOU AND WHOSE ARMY. Was hoping for that all night. The re-imagined MEETING IN THE AISLE was a great surprise as well. Overall, an amazing set from the greatest band in the world. My only gripes:

1) No Myxamytosis: They have played it throughout the tour and somehow deemed it not fit for this show? That ain't right.
2)Didn't close the beginning set with IDIOTEQUE. C'mon... I know they messed it up in NJ 2 nights ago... That doesn't mean you scrap it from the entire show.
3) WEIRD FISHES: REALLY? Yr not going to play the song that many deem the sole reason they got into IN RAINBOWS...

I'm not going to be the one who degrades the entire show for these missteps, but the fact that they didn't touch these songs at all leaves me begging for more. C'MON RADIOHEAD! DO US A SOLID!

I think the reason they didn't play Idioteque is because something was wrong with the board.  We saw their tech guy Duncan from the floor fooling around with it for awhile and then removing something.  I guess they didn't want three nights of bad Idioteque
 ;D

I had heard the show before the verizon center that had messed up during idioteque, not that the board broke. Broken equipment does seem like the most logical reason.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #222 on: June 05, 2012, 06:18:51 pm »
they messed up idioteque two nights in a row, in newark.
<sig>

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #223 on: June 06, 2012, 12:49:08 pm »
...and then they play it last night...

wml7

« Reply #224 on: June 16, 2012, 04:23:13 pm »
Stage collapse for Radiohead in Toronto today.  Hopefully no one is hurt.

http://instagr.am/p/L8pbQ1QXvn/

http://twitpic.com/9x6nhx
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 04:26:58 pm by wml7 »