Author Topic: Merriweather GA pit questions  (Read 16298 times)

bzlrbi

Merriweather GA pit questions
« on: March 17, 2012, 03:32:12 pm »
1.  How crowded does it get?
2.  Are there folding chairs, or is it all standing?
3.  Where is access?  From the orchestra, or do you come down the sides of loge?
4.  Wristbands, or just ticket stubs?  (This is a follow up to "how crowded")

I'm trying to decide whether to keep a GA ticket, or keep my pretty close orchestra seat.  Thanks!

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Merriweather GA pit questions
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 03:36:48 pm »
one   crowded

two   all standing i think . . . i've never seen chairs of any kind

three   access from orchestra (not sure how many aisles) and sides, on both sides.  easy in and out.

four   tickets i'm sure.  do not lose them.

i used to hate merriweather, but compared to jiffy lube's butthole . . . i'll chose columbia. 

which show?

mekmad

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 03:56:08 pm »
1.  How crowded does it get?
2.  Are there folding chairs, or is it all standing?
3.  Where is access?  From the orchestra, or do you come down the sides of loge?
4.  Wristbands, or just ticket stubs?  (This is a follow up to "how crowded")

I'm trying to decide whether to keep a GA ticket, or keep my pretty close orchestra seat.  Thanks!

They have a pretty good system with the wristbands.  At the front gate they tear your ticket, give you a wristband and punch a hole in your ticket stub.  So for the most part it should stop people from sneaking in.  But I'm sure there is some way around it.  Hop over the rail or take wristband off your buddy, leave pit with two and come back with your an extra person. etc.  It is crowded down there though, at least the last few shows I've seen there.

Mark_Read

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 04:01:48 pm »
When I had GA pit they took my ticket and gave me a wristband at the entrance to the pit. Or they would if that line hadn't run out of wristbands. I had to go all the way back up and down a different aisle.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 04:58:08 pm »

some shows are reserved with folding chairs.

(_|_)

bzlrbi

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 06:18:59 pm »
Thanks all.  This is for Furthur.  I might sell my GA and hold onto my row H, right orchestra.

hutch

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 06:34:51 pm »
Thanks all.  This is for Furthur.  I might sell my GA and hold onto my row H, right orchestra.

ah.. FURTHUR.. well then if its important to get Furthured out  ;D pit is the way to go....

Yada

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 09:32:48 am »

Keep your seats unless you enjoy a 110 degree pit in the dead of the summer with a bunch of fat, sweaty, comic book type guys jockeying for eye contact space with Bob Weir.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 10:18:31 am »
Keep the seats.  Row H is second row behind the pit.  You're just as close without all the hassle.   No jockeying for position.  Nobody spinning into you.  You don't lose your spot when you go get a drink or go to the bathroom.   You can sit down between sets or whenever Phil sings.  ;)

wml7

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 10:53:58 am »

Keep your seats unless you enjoy a 110 degree pit in the dead of the summer with a bunch of fat, sweaty, comic book type guys jockeying for eye contact space with Bob Weir.

;D

bzlrbi

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 11:33:53 am »
If I can easily go back and forth between H and the floor, I might keep the floor ticket, simply because I'd sell my pair of H seats to friends, who'd let me "poach".  Otherwise, I'll keep one of the H seats.

hutch

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 12:25:30 pm »
If I can easily go back and forth between H and the floor, I might keep the floor ticket, simply because I'd sell my pair of H seats to friends, who'd let me "poach".  Otherwise, I'll keep one of the H seats.

plot thickens...

bearman🐻

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2012, 05:49:11 pm »
I love me some concert eggs! Yum.

Yada

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 08:40:42 am »

That guy will be watching you like a hawk son.

atomicfront

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 04:44:29 pm »
I have only been in the pit twice.  When the Killers and Keane played a few years back there were a bunch of tiny high school kids there so it was actually pleasant.  I could see over everyone and there was plenty of room.  When the White Stripes played it was really crowded and everyone was taller.  I am 6' 1" and had trouble seeing at times.