Author Topic: roll call - Fatboy Slim, Fri. 3/23  (Read 2577 times)

Christine Moritz

roll call - Fatboy Slim, Fri. 3/23
« on: March 23, 2012, 08:15:28 am »
I will most definitely be there tonight, as I'll be DJing before and between the acts (and probably after). 

Doors were originally slated to open at 10 p.m., but this changed a few days ago to 9 p.m.  So I encourage all who are attending to arrive promptly at 9 p.m.   :)

Tickets are $45 and are available online or at the box office.

betao

Re: roll call - Fatboy Slim, Fri. 3/23
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 09:17:46 am »
I'll be there with a bunch of people. This is going to be a fun one :)

I see they now have an opening act, what's the group like?

Christine Moritz

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 10:08:34 am »

I'm not familiar with them, but I googled them, and apparently they're an 18-year-old and a 19-year-old who went to Walt Whitman High School in Bethesda, and have opened in D.C. for Pauly D (of "Jersey Shore").

James Ford

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 10:10:58 am »
seems like this gig would be a bit of a step down for them

I'm not familiar with them, but I googled them, and apparently they're an 18-year-old and a 19-year-old who went to Walt Whitman High School in Bethesda, and have opened in D.C. for Pauly D (of "Jersey Shore").

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 05:47:12 pm »
I'm goin

betao

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 06:14:15 pm »
Seth I want to meet you and give you a hug. Or a high five. Or something along those lines. Just a thank you for my live music fix.

betao

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 05:13:06 pm »
I went into this show excited beyond belief. That being said...

...Fatboy Slim was... very very disappointing. He didn't play any of his own stuff, he just DJ'd and played a mixture of dance pop and "classic" hits. It sounded like Girl Talk. It definitely didn't feel like a "live" show, and his mixing wasn't that great either. And he had no real production whatsoever. Very underwhelming for a ticket that cost nearly $50.

Went on at midnight and my friends and I left at 1am along with alot of other people who seemed disappointed.

hutch

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 06:00:11 pm »
I went into this show excited beyond belief. That being said...

...Fatboy Slim was... very very disappointing. He didn't play any of his own stuff, he just DJ'd and played a mixture of dance pop and "classic" hits. It sounded like Girl Talk. It definitely didn't feel like a "live" show, and his mixing wasn't that great either. And he had no real production whatsoever. Very underwhelming for a ticket that cost nearly $50.

Went on at midnight and my friends and I left at 1am along with alot of other people who seemed disappointed.

I've seen him twice. .one time in Buenos Aires and once at the 930 and neither time did I think much of it...

betao

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 08:06:31 pm »
I saw him 4 years ago at Coachella and it was great. This time was just underwhelming.

hutch

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 08:30:48 pm »
I saw him 4 years ago at Coachella and it was great. This time was just underwhelming.

I'm no authority on DJs..

My favorite was Paul Oakenfold in 2001 or 2002 at Creamfields in Buenos Aires.. It was nuts...

I tend to go for the trance...

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 09:56:50 pm »
i like electronica music . . . but my friends don't.   :'(  (i never get to use that emoticon)