Author Topic: For Walky  (Read 652083 times)

Starsky

Re: For Walky
« Reply #1950 on: July 19, 2022, 07:08:35 pm »
Glad to hear you feel that way….you’ll have a leg up when gay marriage is outlawed

« Reply #1951 on: July 19, 2022, 07:15:35 pm »
isn't it less about religious marriage, but legal status
like being able to see someone in the ER
or get a tax benefits for filing married
how you write your will/estate
getting spousal employee paid insurance
having a big party where all your friends have to buy you gifts
slack

Starsky

« Reply #1952 on: July 19, 2022, 07:17:18 pm »
isn't it less about religious marriage, but legal status
like being able to see someone in the ER
or get a tax benefits for filing married
how you write your will/estate
getting spousal employee paid insurance
having a big party where all your friends have to buy you gifts

Suckers!!

GAY,GUY

« Reply #1953 on: July 19, 2022, 07:58:59 pm »
You don't need marriage, for that.  You don't need marriage, for anything, except some sucker sense of security.  There can be unions, with any rules created by the government.

Marriage is a tool of religion, who wants gays to burn in hell.  Plus you suckers are servants to catering, and djs, and bridal shops, and cool places to have them.  Jesus, Christian fool . . . look in the mirror. 

Starsky

« Reply #1954 on: July 19, 2022, 08:15:00 pm »
We have come so far gay people no longer want legalized marriage.

« Reply #1955 on: July 20, 2022, 07:24:45 am »
Ok take out the big party line of my statement,  because I agree that industry could disappear and I would rejoice
Starting with the diamond industry
slack

GAY,GUY

« Reply #1956 on: August 04, 2022, 10:30:36 am »
First off, I would like to say, that I take everything related to the reality bubble that is LGBTQIA way too seriously.  I understand, as someone in that bubble, that I should take it seriously; it's our fucking lives at stake in certain situations . . . but there is a difference between toxic serious and helpful serious.  It's very hard to not, want to cross that line and overact.  It's an eternal struggle I will deal with forever.

But now for something completely different, yet remarkably the same.  Here's some helpful serious:

MONKEYPOX

"Testing took too long to get launched. Data hasn't revealed the full extent of the outbreak. The spread wasn't stopped quickly enough.
Monkeypox was supposed to be different, because it is much harder to transmit, and treatments and vaccines were already available. Much was known about a virus first described in 1958 and so many lessons were supposedly learned from COVID-19. 

Yet the United States now has the world's biggest outbreak of monkeypox with more than 6,600 Americans diagnosed since mid-May. Rarely seen outside of Africa before the spring, the virus, a less deadly cousin of smallpox, has now triggered a 26,000-person global emergency, reaching 83 countries, 76 of which had not historically seen the disease.

And that's just the known cases. No one knows the full extent of America's outbreak."  -  USA Today

I mention all of this, because one, I feel everyone needs to do everything in their power to pressure doctors / politicians / anyone to get better access to the vaccine.  Certain states have easy access right now, where here in VA . . . medical people I have spoken to don't even know much about it.  And two, I feel this could easily become another storyline along the AIDS crisis of the 80's.  That disease hit the gay community first due to the gay sexual revolution that was occurring at the time, and the gay community is still blamed for it.  Very similar to the same way MONKEYPOX has started mainly in the gay community of today, due to their new sexual revolution going on post covid.  And not because MONKEYPOX is a STD, but because you should see those gay guys, especially the hot sweaty sexy bears, with their shirt off pool parties and packed wall to wall clubbing wearing almost nothing.  GURRL.   I feel the main headline grabbing moment that people will take more serious than the disease itself, is that it started in the gay community.

The, end.  And sorry for being a past pain.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 10:36:13 am by Walk,on,by »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1957 on: August 04, 2022, 11:51:36 am »
Science Vs podcast has 2 episodes this week on monkeypox. Everyone should listen to both of them.

This variant is still being studied. There are 2 new, alarming things. The first is that we are seeing the first, sustained human-to-human spread of the virus. The second is that some cases *may* have been spread through aerosols rather than skin-to-skin contact. If that second thing turns out to be true, this could become extremely serious, extremely quickly.

tl;dr - what walkie said

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1958 on: August 04, 2022, 12:23:00 pm »
there are anti-vaxxers/i-don't-trust-the-government-types among the LGBTQ community.  their straight compatriots were largely responsible for scope the first pandemic.  rinse, lather...
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1959 on: August 04, 2022, 12:27:18 pm »
there are anti-vaxxers/i-don't-trust-the-government-types among the LGBTQ community.  their straight compatriots were largely responsible for scope the first pandemic.  rinse, lather...

True, but perhaps not relevant?

One thought is that since we "eradicated" smallpox (1980?), we stopped vaccinating against that disease. The smallpox vaccine may have conferred some protection against monkeypox. Nobody younger than 42 has had the smallpox vaccine, which has allowed monkeypox a space to occupy, mutate and spread.

Yada

« Reply #1960 on: August 04, 2022, 01:21:56 pm »
Science Vs podcast has 2 episodes this week on monkeypox. Everyone should listen to both of them.

This variant is still being studied. There are 2 new, alarming things. The first is that we are seeing the first, sustained human-to-human spread of the virus. The second is that some cases *may* have been spread through aerosols rather than skin-to-skin contact. If that second thing turns out to be true, this could become extremely serious, extremely quickly.

tl;dr - what walkie said

If your post was tl;dr, then who would've read walky's?

At any rate, maybe I'm ignorant, but Monkeypox is last on my list of worries currently. Kind of like when I didn't wear a mask in an open field after being vaxxed from Covid.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1961 on: August 04, 2022, 01:52:09 pm »

True, but perhaps not relevant?

or perhaps relevant: it's tempting for some to say that monkeypox has become the problem that it currently is, because it was (still is?) seen as a "gay disease", and that as a society we were happy to let gays die of this through inaction.  homophobia is clearly still alive and well today, but i'm not convinced that's mainly how we got here.  i think blame for the current monkeypox mess lays somewhere between how little we know (knew?) about the disease, our pandemic fatigue, and the don't-trust-the-government-types spreading it because "science is making too big a deal of this." 

walkies shared with us an internal view.  i'm attempting to offer an external view.  truth is invariably somewhere in between. 
<sig>

« Reply #1962 on: August 04, 2022, 05:33:27 pm »
It’s has really only been around for months.  How much disinformation could be out there
It made news because there was a small trend in a small sample size
Then people got kinda bent on how to discuss that

But that’s just my take

It’s risky, yes
 but I am more concerned about things like MRSA… which kills something like 20k a year…. That you should be concerned about anytime you are in a hospital
slack

Starsky

« Reply #1963 on: August 04, 2022, 06:04:40 pm »
It’s has really only been around for months.  How much disinformation could be out there
It made news because there was a small trend in a small sample size
Then people got kinda bent on how to discuss that

But that’s just my take

It’s risky, yes
 but I am more concerned about things like MRSA… which kills something like 20k a year…. That you should be concerned about anytime you are in a hospital

Small trend?

Yada

« Reply #1964 on: August 05, 2022, 12:33:02 pm »