Author Topic: Will we get another smashed guitar?  (Read 4865 times)

Sir HC

Will we get another smashed guitar?
« on: May 10, 2012, 04:25:19 pm »

Never seen Jason more animated, knocked his head off the cabinet and smashed the guitar into the amp.  All for NPR.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: Will we get another smashed guitar?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 05:39:22 pm »
I wouldn't expect a repeat performance.

teepo

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 11:05:41 pm »
just what i needed to read  >:(

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 07:07:25 am »
No, we didn't, but that was freakin' amazing.  Cop Shot Cop at the end was very unexpected and just sealed the deal of that pretty much being my show of the year so far.

Also was a real treat to get to hear Electric Mainline. 

The new stuff was great as well, especially Mary, which really came alive in a live setting. 

My soul feels like it got a massage.

Sir HC

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 09:13:50 am »
It was a good one for sure.  I don't think they hit Laser Guided Melodies at all, but still can not complain.  Looked in good health for Jason.  I think that is the size band I like best for Spiritualized.  Not too big, not too small.

azaghal1981

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 09:16:43 am »
No Lazer Guided material but there were a couple of surprises in our setlist that as far as I know were not played on this tour before.
احمد

chaz

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 10:35:41 am »
Setlist anyone?

tobyd

aglanixp

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 06:59:46 pm »
It was a great show for sure. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 05:57:14 am »
http://www.npr.org/event/music/152291064/spiritualized-in-concert?ps=mh_frimg1

This oughta help. T

The NPR setlist is wrong in terms of when "So Long You Pretty Thing" was played.  It was the first encore, so after Come Together and before Cop Shoot Cop.

betao

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 01:33:08 pm »
 anyone catch that guy that jumped the stage and danced for a bit before diving off the stage? during "come together" i believe

didn't expect to see that at my first Spiritualized show

blipvurt

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 05:22:59 pm »
Same set list in Philly last night. Both shows were great. The stage diver in DC cracked me up. Never thought I'd see that at a SPZ show!

I think Come Together might be a slightly cursed with weird happenings on this tour. In Philly the guitarist lost power for about 3 minutes in the middle of it. The band jammed through until he regained power and then they closed the song out with a vengeance.

BTW - What a great pic of the guitar smash!

Sir HC

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 08:54:47 am »
Same set list in Philly last night. Both shows were great. The stage diver in DC cracked me up. Never thought I'd see that at a SPZ show!

I think Come Together might be a slightly cursed with weird happenings on this tour. In Philly the guitarist lost power for about 3 minutes in the middle of it. The band jammed through until he regained power and then they closed the song out with a vengeance.

BTW - What a great pic of the guitar smash!

Thanks, a friend took it from the front.  My crappy camera came up all blurs.  It is hard to see in that shot, but the amp head is knocked off too.

chaz

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 09:48:36 am »
Saw the show on Saturday in Chapel Hill as well.  Identical setlist, but somehow a much much better show.  Slightly better and much louder sound, saturday night atmosphere, smaller venue, and J seemed much more into it. 

Electric Mainline both nights just killed.  And the material from the new album is really strong mixed in with older stuff.  Especially loving "Mary" and "So Long You Pretty Thing".