Author Topic: ORIOLES  (Read 476571 times)

hutch

Re: ORIOLES
« Reply #1125 on: September 16, 2013, 12:32:25 pm »
Golfers and NASCAR drivers both seem to do very well in their 40's. Are they all on steroids too?

and its not just steroids.. there are blood transfusions.. human growth hormone and all these things i bet we don't even know about... .there are always going to be people trying to make their bodies stronger and betterr performing and get their hands on whatever they can..

just legalize it all and end the charade.... because you can't win.. you can't catch them all..you can't even catch most of them.. AROD was caught the second time because the doping firm or whatever's records came to MLB's attention and NOT because of testing which was ongonig through MLB... why didn't they catch him? cause these guys know how to mask their use.. some are better than others.. some know more.. have better doping consultants or whatever you want to call them..

atomic

« Reply #1126 on: September 16, 2013, 01:19:59 pm »
Golfers and NASCAR drivers both seem to do very well in their 40's. Are they all on steroids too?

I don't think 'roid rage would be helpful in golf. 

shemptiness

« Reply #1127 on: September 18, 2013, 11:18:48 pm »
1 game out of the 2nd wildcard - nail biting time

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #1128 on: September 19, 2013, 08:26:33 am »
I do not think they are done.  Because I believe in Orioles Magic.  But they are killing me.

Great pair of games.  Maybe they aren't so done after all.

K8teebug

« Reply #1129 on: September 19, 2013, 08:51:11 am »
See?  Believing in Orioles Magic works.

shemptiness

« Reply #1130 on: September 19, 2013, 09:23:09 am »
See?  Believing in Orioles Magic works.

feel it happen

K8teebug

« Reply #1131 on: September 19, 2013, 09:48:45 am »
I found the 45 of the song at an antique store a few weeks ago.  In perfect condition.  I saw it as a good sign!

K8teebug

« Reply #1132 on: September 19, 2013, 03:32:25 pm »
Looks like I'm going to four games next week.  Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday!

That's another record.  8 games total in September for me.

atomic

« Reply #1133 on: September 20, 2013, 10:16:53 am »
Orioles are 4-5 in their last nine games.  I still see little hope in them making the playoffs as it seems every hitter has been hitting poorly for months... Well except Valencia. 

K8teebug

« Reply #1134 on: September 20, 2013, 01:49:44 pm »
I believe in Orioles Magic.  And that is also the sign I'll be taking to the games.

James Ford

« Reply #1135 on: September 23, 2013, 08:20:24 am »
Are you still planning on taking the sign?

I believe in Orioles Magic.  And that is also the sign I'll be taking to the games.

K8teebug

« Reply #1136 on: September 23, 2013, 09:04:29 am »
I'm still taking the sign!  Even if they don't make the playoffs, I still believe...

And I'm a happy Orioles fan even if they don't.  Nothing like going to games at the end of September happy that they had a good season instead of all depressed like I did for 14 years.

James Ford

« Reply #1137 on: September 23, 2013, 09:12:32 am »
They could still end up a .500 team. That's a good season?

I'm still taking the sign!  Even if they don't make the playoffs, I still believe...

And I'm a happy Orioles fan even if they don't.  Nothing like going to games at the end of September happy that they had a good season instead of all depressed like I did for 14 years.

atomic

« Reply #1138 on: September 23, 2013, 09:26:46 am »

The Season ended in August when JJ blew all those saves.  I haven't been to a game in September.  I have one game left that I have on Stubhub.  Hopefully a Red Sox fan takes it off my hands.  I think the problem with baseball is that it is just boring.  Without beer and a close game and lots of screaming fans it is pretty unbearable.  Last 3 games I went to were pretty bad loses.  Maybe going to too many games is my problem.  

It would be cool if we could get another sport in Baltimore.  Soccer would be good.  Baseball players are way overpaid for what they do.  What do they say? Baseball players are paid for what they have done in the past and Football players are paid for what they will do in the future.  

James Ford

« Reply #1139 on: September 23, 2013, 09:33:24 am »
I think you went to too many games.

I went to five Nats games and one Orioles game this year. That's the most I've ever been to, and that feels like about my max. It helps that I was I different people with me for each game (well the husband-wife-daughter combination was the same for two games). It also helped that the Nats were 4-1 in games I attended (the loss being a ninth inning come from behind affair), and the O's were 1-0.

Almost all male professional athletes are grossly overpaid. And will always be so, unless the fans protest with non-attendance and nonviewing. Which won't happen, because we're a world full of blockheads.

The Season ended in August when JJ blew all those saves.  I haven't been to a game in September.  I have one game left that I have on Stubhub.  Hopefully a Red Sox fan takes it off my hands.  I think the problem with baseball is that it is just boring.  Without beer and a close game and lots of screaming fans it is pretty unbearable.  Last 3 games I went to were pretty bad loses.  Maybe going to too many games is my problem.  

It would be cool if we could get another sport in Baltimore.  Soccer would be good.  Baseball players are way overpaid for what they do.  What do they say? Baseball players are paid for what they have done in the past and Football players are paid for what they will do in the future.  
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 09:35:04 am by James Ford »