Author Topic: BYT wants you to write a fake suicide note.  (Read 13172 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: BYT wants you to write a fake suicide note.
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 12:39:10 pm »
IMP really needs to stop encouraging the douchebaggery of BYT and cut off their endless supply of free tickets and access. Why would IMP want to associate with such entitled twits? Fuck those guys. Total fucking assholes in every fucking way.
That would be so tits. I don't usually care for hating on any blog or group of people, but I just really REALLY have never liked BYT, they're all fucking stuck up pricks. I have a friend who works for them and she doesn't like them at all. Unfortunately I guess it's good to have on your resume... or something... I dunno.
‼‼?‼‼

K8teebug

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 12:53:25 pm »
Their website is visually offensive.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 02:26:09 pm »
Honestly, I can't really say much at all about them since I never, ever visit their blog. Won't even click links that I can tell go to their site. Their name turned me off so badly that I refused to bother with them. If they can't get them in their cyber door, than they certainly can't get them coming back.

stevewizzle

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2012, 09:44:30 am »
^ this.  it's like they made a web-site on geocities back in 2000 and decided it was good to go for the next two decades.

atomicfront

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2012, 10:20:05 am »
I have no idea how I started getting emails from BYT, but I won't be getting them anymore becacuse I have blocked them.  I just read the city paper article and instead of apologizing, the byt staff is trying to rationlize their behavior.  I can see the next contests "Make a funny story about being molested as a child" or "make fun of someone who died of cancer". 

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2012, 10:36:31 am »
Well, here's the latest summary.  After I initially posted about this in my ShowlistDC Music Notes on Tuesday (here):

1) On Tuesday, the Washington CityPaper ran the article that I linked above (here) with quotes from BYT's Managing Editor Logan Donaldson.

2) Then BYT Assistant Editor Stephanie Breijo ranted on the contest page (the contest link is down now, but I've captured her text here. You can also see this in Google's cache of the page).

3) BYT also quietly changed the content of their contest to say "string together a couple of paragraphs using only Morrissey?s lyrics".  DCist picked up on this and wrote an article here, with an additional quote from Donaldson.

4) At some point yesterday, BYT took the entire contest down.  The Washington CityPaper reported on that, too, here, with an additional quote from Donaldson.

I've got this all summarized on today's ShowlistDC Music Notes post, here.

MonkeyPants

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2012, 10:45:25 am »
^ this.  it's like they made a web-site on geocities back in 2000 and decided it was good to go for the next two decades.

Funny, because that is basically what it started as, and still is. Douchebags who take photos of themselves supposedly having stupid good times, trying to make themselves look cool so that you will think they're cool and pay them money to hang out with them http://brightestyoungthings.blogspot.com/
PANTS

Yada

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2012, 11:45:51 am »
File this under, who gives a shit.

Terrible artist and terrible website.

http://www.dlisted.com/2011/07/28/thanks-breaking-it-down-us-morrissey

azaghal1981

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2012, 12:57:14 pm »
Hah, I knew this was coming. ;)

Funny, because that is basically what it started as, and still is. Douchebags who take photos of themselves supposedly having stupid good times, trying to make themselves look cool so that you will think they're cool and pay them money to hang out with them http://brightestyoungthings.blogspot.com/
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2012, 02:04:27 pm »
احمد

MonkeyPants

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2012, 10:04:42 pm »
IMP making excuses for BYT? "Other than this we've not had any issues"? Riiiiiiight.

Just keep supporting their douchebaggery and giving them free shit...

Here's an idea: Why not cut off their supply and let them die a long overdue death? They wouldn't have lasted this long if you didn't give them the access and perks that you do. This shouldn't be their warning...this should be their third strike. They're the parasite feeding on you IMP. Shut it down.
PANTS

James Ford

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2012, 06:47:06 am »
How about you channel that energy and anger toward a real problem?
  ::)
IMP making excuses for BYT? "Other than this we've not had any issues"? Riiiiiiight.

Here's an idea: Why not cut off their supply and let them die a long overdue death? They wouldn't have lasted this long if you didn't give them the access and perks that you do. This shouldn't be their warning...this should be their third strike. They're the parasite feeding on you IMP. Shut it down.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2012, 07:55:14 am »
is life really that boring . . . that you guys care about this, this much?

go outside and play in the dirt.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2012, 08:56:01 am »

you obviously pay attention to them

Yada

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2012, 09:20:01 am »
is life really that boring . . . that you guys care about this, this much?

go outside and play in the dirt.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 10:09:54 am by Yada »