Author Topic: Breaking Bad Discussion >>>>>  (Read 56321 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Breaking Bad Discussion >>>>>
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2013, 05:44:28 pm »
Per The Twitter "Better Call Saul" is a GO. And better yet it's a "prequel", bet they get lots of cool cameos on it.
T.Rex

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2013, 10:11:53 am »
I dunno how interesting that spin-off will be... Especially with a limited run, unless it takes place....10 to 15 years ago.... I guess they've gotten 5 seasons out of Breaking Bad and it's only been, what, a year in the actual story?
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2013, 12:07:07 pm »
sort of agree...it's a good side character for Breaking Bad but don't know how much mileage they'd get out of him otherwise, guess it depends on storyline

I dunno how interesting that spin-off will be... Especially with a limited run, unless it takes place....10 to 15 years ago.... I guess they've gotten 5 seasons out of Breaking Bad and it's only been, what, a year in the actual story?

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2013, 01:58:17 pm »
I concur. I couldn't be less enthused for a Better Call Saul spinoff. It seems like one of those SNL movies where the character is amusing in 4-5 minute doses but an entire 90 minutes will fail miserably.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2013, 03:16:21 pm »
Hey, let Nolan get his hands on the rights to Here Comes Pat and we'll see how great it can be.
‼‼?‼‼

nkotb

« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2013, 03:18:52 pm »
What was wrong with the Pat movie??

Hey, let Nolan get his hands on the rights to Here Comes Pat and we'll see how great it can be.

stevewizzle

« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2013, 08:14:16 am »
HOLY FUCK LAST NIGHT

Yada

« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2013, 08:54:56 am »
HOLY FUCK LAST NIGHT

I'm kinda speechless.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2013, 09:56:02 am »
That was such an emotionally brutal episode. For how much they really, REALLY made me had Skyler, last night I did a complete 180 and I never EVER thought that I would sympathize for her. Jesus Christ, I felt so fucking terrible for Walt Jr when he found out. I felt so terrible for Skyler in that final sequence. Walt is an absolute monster, but you can see that even he can't handle it. His phone conversation and his voice were so fucking evil. I loved it.

My friend pointed out that Marie is almost always wearing something purple [favorite color?], but last night she was wearing black. She did just watch all 4.5 seasons in the past month, so maybe there's some symbolism some may have missed. Insane. If last week was one of the crazier visual and action packed episode of the series, this was by far one of the most emotionally battering episodes of the entire series.
‼‼?‼‼

Yada

« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2013, 09:57:55 am »
That was such an emotionally brutal episode. For how much they really, REALLY made me had Skyler, last night I did a complete 180 and I never EVER thought that I would sympathize for her. Jesus Christ, I felt so fucking terrible for Walt Jr when he found out. I felt so terrible for Skyler in that final sequence. Walt is an absolute monster, but you can see that even he can't handle it. His phone conversation and his voice were so fucking evil. I loved it.

My friend pointed out that Marie is almost always wearing something purple [favorite color?], but last night she was wearing black. She did just watch all 4.5 seasons in the past month, so maybe there's some symbolism some may have missed. Insane. If last week was one of the crazier visual and action packed episode of the series, this was by far one of the most emotionally battering episodes of the entire series.

Even if Walt's most evil and brutal moment, he did protect Skyler. On the phone he basically confessed that he did it all on his own and she knew "nothing."

Poor Pinkman, dude can't catch a break!!

stevewizzle

« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2013, 10:19:05 am »
yeah, the phone conversation was an act. after holly calls for her mother over and over, he realizes that he's fucked them, and decides to try and salvage. 

who the fuck is he coming back to kill?? it's got to be the nazis, right?

brennser

« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2013, 10:19:21 am »
Aaron Paul‏@aaronpaul_812h
Have an A1 day
#BreakingBad

stevewizzle

« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2013, 10:20:36 am »

you'll enjoy this! http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/blogs/browbeat/2013/08/12/breakingbad_color.jpg

Yada

« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2013, 10:22:04 am »
yeah, the phone conversation was an act. after holly calls for her mother over and over, he realizes that he's fucked them, and decides to try and salvage. 

who the fuck is he coming back to kill?? it's got to be the nazis, right?

Gotta be Nazis and Jesse...worst case, Skyler??

ggw

« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2013, 10:35:50 am »
For how much they really, REALLY made me had Skyler, last night I did a complete 180 and I never EVER thought that I would sympathize for her.

I think Vince Gilligan's true genius lies in the fact that he has made people like a murderous meth manufacturer while simultaneously hating his wife, who has a (relatively) straighter moral compass and does far more for the family than Walt ever has.

Anna Gunn wrote a nice op-ed in the New York Times a few weeks ago: I Have A Character Issue