Author Topic: bashing bush  (Read 2683 times)

markie

bashing bush
« on: January 14, 2004, 11:10:00 am »

poorlulu

Re: bashing bush
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 11:18:00 am »
be honest it was moby being introduced as a top entertainer that made you laugh right?

talk about a hypocrite........

Celeste

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 11:21:00 am »
Although I have to admit I got a little chuckle from the bit about Bush being Hitler if he only applied himself, overall, I think these Bush bashers are ineffective and juvenile...I don't agree with many of Bush's policies, however, the type of opposition here doesn't appeal to me at all.

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2004, 11:22:00 am »
I had no idea you were such a political conservative, mark e.  

What's next, a link to William F.Buckley, Jr.'s website?

brennser

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2004, 11:27:00 am »
have you seen the ads themselves - winners and  finalists - I thought some of them were quite good, particularly the one with the kids on the assembly line - you'll need a high speed connection for this

nkotb

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2004, 11:36:00 am »
I tend to agree.  I'm not sure why all liberal comedians and musicians try to take the low road when criticizing conservatives.  I realize a lot of people are angry at some of the moves Bush has made, but dropping profanity left and right doesn't do anything but make them look unintelligent.  Not to sound uptight or anything, but it's politics; you're supposed to debate with stronger facts (even if they're made up), not insults and curses.

Originally posted by Celeste:
  Although I have to admit I got a little chuckle from the bit about Bush being Hitler if he only applied himself, overall, I think these Bush bashers are ineffective and juvenile...I don't agree with many of Bush's policies, however, the type of opposition here doesn't appeal to me at all.

markie

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2004, 11:45:00 am »
I liked this one

http://www.bushin30seconds.org/view/06_large.shtml

thanks for highlighting that Brennser.

I dunno, I guess the rants are part desperation. A lot of people disapprove of Bush, but the opposition seems totally useless.

walkman

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2004, 12:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by nkotbie:
 Not to sound uptight or anything, but it's politics; you're supposed to debate with stronger facts (even if they're made up)\[/b]
try Al Franken's new book.

nkotb

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2004, 12:44:00 pm »
That's funny, since I was going to mention him in my post as someone that I think is doing a good job of not only providing factual reasons for his view of Bush, but also making them look like fools.  

I generally try to stay away from people like Franken and Moore (on the liberal front) and O'Reilly and Coulter (on the conservative side), but I'm interested to read Franken's latest.

Originally posted by walkie hearts you all:

Originally posted by nkotbie:
 Not to sound uptight or anything, but it's politics; you're supposed to debate with stronger facts (even if they're made up)\[/b]
try Al Franken's new book. [/b]

godsshoeshine

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2004, 01:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dupek Chopra:
  I had no idea you were such a political conservative, mark e.  

What's next, a link to William F.Buckley, Jr.'s website?
whu? are you saying the drudge report is conservative? billy o hates him an awful lot.

i think political commentary on both sides is awfully low-brow, but i'll take bill maher for embracing his lack of class. this has the potential to be one of the dirtiest elections ever.
o/\o

mankie

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2004, 02:18:00 pm »
Michael Savage and Laura Ingram are a pair of brainwashed right-winged morons....those two are still harping on about Clinton for crying out loud!

I just can't stand to look at Franken, he has the face of a pedophile so I have no idea what he has to say.

Anyway, I decided to become apolitical because they're all as bad as each other when it gets down to hey lads hey!

Jaguär

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2004, 12:55:00 am »
Originally posted by mark e smith:
  I dunno, I guess the rants are part desperation. A lot of people disapprove of Bush, but the opposition seems totally useless.
Now you understand why we voters are so frustrated! It's now like, "Who would you prefer to screw up your country even further? Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dum?"

thirsty moore

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2004, 01:01:00 am »
Nader used that line a lot.

mankie

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2004, 11:13:00 am »
Originally posted by thirsty moore:
  Nader used that line a lot.
I thought it was Tweedle Dum or Tweedle Dumber!

thirsty moore

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2004, 11:36:00 am »
You're probably right.  Either way, it's not too far from the truth.