Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 892105 times)

Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #1500 on: December 03, 2015, 10:00:17 am »
slack

hutch

« Reply #1501 on: December 03, 2015, 10:41:39 am »
the societal Star Wars obsession is really out of control.. this new movie better be great...

Yada

« Reply #1502 on: December 03, 2015, 10:48:13 am »
Confession... I've never seen all three of the original star wars movies, only one of the "new" star wars movies, and will never see the "new new" star wars movies.

hutch

« Reply #1503 on: December 03, 2015, 10:50:37 am »
Confession... I've never seen all three of the original star wars movies, only one of the "new" star wars movies, and will never see the "new new" star wars movies.

confession.. I have only seen one of the new movies (the first one) and it BLEW CHUNKS.. awful movie.

the first three are great .. I saw Return of the Jedi in the movie theatre in Kobe, Japan and I still have a vague recollection of it which for me is amazing

I do own the blueray set with all 6 and like 548 hours of bonus features but I couldn't be bothered to watch it...

walk,on,by

« Reply #1504 on: December 03, 2015, 05:10:21 pm »
ive seen all the movies, and liked them. yes the lucas three of doom were weak, but had the story and good imagery in sections of each.  the original three were works of master storytelling, film art.  the animated series is good, but tedious to get through.  the books are good if you like to read about the endless quirks of the series.  the video games are actual, pretty darn good.

and yes, the new movie, better be good.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1505 on: December 03, 2015, 05:12:25 pm »
the original three were works of master storytelling, film art. 
They're nerd crap made for children.
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #1506 on: December 03, 2015, 05:16:57 pm »
I'm guessing Force Awakens will be an entertaining re-fresh like the Chris Pine iteration of Star Trek. It will be fun, the fx will be solid, everyone will walk out happy, and we'll all move on to the next thing in our lives.

I don't think it will cause the lifelong memories of the original trio (which I will always have, having been 7 years old when Star Wars came out) nor the anguish, rage or debates of the Crap Three. It'll be fine and because I will smoke four pounds of weed before seeing it, I'll be able to watch it entirely anew in about six months.
oword

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1507 on: December 03, 2015, 05:23:46 pm »
Just found out Dry the river have called it quits.. bummer
T.Rex

Yada

« Reply #1508 on: December 03, 2015, 05:24:08 pm »
I'm guessing Force Awakens will be an entertaining re-fresh like the Chris Pine iteration of Star Trek. It will be fun, the fx will be solid, everyone will walk out happy, and we'll all move on to the next thing in our lives.

I don't think it will cause the lifelong memories of the original trio (which I will always have, having been 7 years old when Star Wars came out) nor the anguish, rage or debates of the Crap Three. It'll be fine and because I will smoke four pounds of weed before seeing it, I'll be able to watch it entirely anew in about six months.

Have we met?

« Reply #1509 on: December 03, 2015, 05:29:40 pm »
Just found out Dry the river have called it quits.. bummer
Oh, actual musicological banter in the Musicological banter thread as opposed to waxing poetic about loser nerd crap? What a droll idea, dear Kosmo.
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #1510 on: December 03, 2015, 05:30:06 pm »

Have we met?

I'm standing right behind you.
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #1511 on: December 03, 2015, 05:30:45 pm »
Besides, my mind is swiss cheese. You could be my twin brother and I probably wouldn't remember you.
oword

« Reply #1512 on: December 03, 2015, 05:31:26 pm »
Besides, my mind is swiss cheese.
Might be time to stop doing drugs.
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #1513 on: December 03, 2015, 05:41:07 pm »
You wanna know when it's a good time to stop doing drugs? I don't know!
oword

walk,on,by

« Reply #1514 on: December 03, 2015, 06:44:53 pm »