Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 893738 times)

Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #1845 on: November 06, 2016, 11:10:38 am »
Are you trying to say that Frank Turner is the Millhouse of rock n roll :)
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1846 on: November 06, 2016, 11:47:09 am »
Thats not a terrible way to put it.
LVMH

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #1847 on: November 06, 2016, 09:58:55 pm »
Thats not a terrible way to put it.

I guess what I am trying to say is:
I enjoy frank turner's music, and particularly his live show, and there's weird timing with Josh's death, my personal life, Josh posting about Frank on facebook etc., me getting a free ticket to Frank's 2013 fillmore show, that will likely have me as a frank fan for life....and I think that Ian and Henry, jack and meg, bart and millhouse, are with me on that.
Also, I had a complete brain fart and thought Millhouse's last name was Milquetoast. so there's that.   

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1848 on: November 16, 2016, 04:41:48 pm »
This may not be news to the rest of you but I definitely missed this if its not new: New JAMC album in March.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #1849 on: November 16, 2016, 05:03:55 pm »
This may not be news to the rest of you but I definitely missed this if its not new: New JAMC album in March.

I'm just really worried its going to suck so bad... but at least it means they will tour again I guess...

« Reply #1850 on: November 18, 2016, 12:14:44 pm »
On goldstar....
Sebastian Bach
Howard Theatre
Washington, DC
COMP - $12.50
Nov 27, 2016
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #1851 on: November 18, 2016, 12:21:28 pm »

I'm just really worried its going to suck so bad... but at least it means they will tour again I guess...

As I've stated too many times, Psychocandy is my #1 all-time album. But I'm not all that interested in new material from them. I like Darklands but everything after that is generic to me. Take away Psychocandy and JAMC was no more or less than Marcy Playground or Spacehog.
oword

« Reply #1852 on: November 18, 2016, 12:26:17 pm »
for you Frank Turner fans here (appear to be more detractors...but they can suck it)

11/21  Get Better film
http://frank-turner.com/

Get Better is a year long character study of one of the hardest working musicians on earth. Encompassing footage from friends, family and fans across England, Europe and the USA, film maker and friend Ben Morse set out to capture a band who are constantly in motion, only to find that they suddenly stopped. Forced to pause for the first time in ten years, the film explores what drives a man to stay on the road, and what that means for his life and those around him.

^ ouch on your JAMC w/o Psychocandy commentary...that's gotta hurt
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #1853 on: November 18, 2016, 01:03:51 pm »
for you Frank Turner fans here (appear to be more detractors...but they can suck it)

11/21  Get Better film
http://frank-turner.com/

Get Better is a year long character study of one of the hardest working musicians on earth. Encompassing footage from friends, family and fans across England, Europe and the USA, film maker and friend Ben Morse set out to capture a band who are constantly in motion, only to find that they suddenly stopped. Forced to pause for the first time in ten years, the film explores what drives a man to stay on the road, and what that means for his life and those around him.

^ ouch on your JAMC w/o Psychocandy commentary...that's gotta hurt

Pretty sure you can just text me the Frank Turner news...

walkie,talkie

« Reply #1854 on: November 30, 2016, 12:56:35 pm »
quite a few gay people, are into jam bands and love going to see jam band concerts . . . but I feel that quite a few people who also go see jam shows, do not like gay people.

« Reply #1855 on: December 01, 2016, 07:27:50 pm »
quite a few gay people, are into jam bands and love going to see jam band concerts . . . but I feel that quite a few people who also go see jam shows, do not like gay people.
I think Yada has to refute this or it is in fact true

My personal belief (however misguided) is that people who are into jam bands...often have very lame and very narrow musical taste (yada excluded...kinda ;) )
slack

Yada

« Reply #1856 on: December 02, 2016, 11:19:30 am »
I think Yada has to refute this or it is in fact true

My personal belief (however misguided) is that people who are into jam bands...often have very lame and very narrow musical taste (yada excluded...kinda ;) )

I think we've been down this path many a times over the years... but the only "jamband" I like or see is Phish.... so I'm not sure I could be a valid data point.

<insert lame phish joke here>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1857 on: December 02, 2016, 11:23:11 am »

walkie,talkie

« Reply #1858 on: December 02, 2016, 12:05:17 pm »
well truth be told . . . the same thought I have, can be said about metal concerts and their fans . . . country concerts and their fans . . . bluegrass concerts and their fans . . . rap concerts and their fans.  I just saw, said behavior at various jam shows and lot scenes, I have been to over the years, and I was going / following at least 6 or 7 different bands over the years.

Yada

« Reply #1859 on: December 02, 2016, 12:21:03 pm »
well truth be told . . . the same thought I have, can be said about metal concerts and their fans . . . country concerts and their fans . . . bluegrass concerts and their fans . . . rap concerts and their fans.  I just saw, said behavior at various jam shows and lot scenes, I have been to over the years, and I was going / following at least 6 or 7 different bands over the years.

Any band where the bro quotient is high, you'll probably be easily offended by the crowd as a gay person. Maybe stick to the Morrissey lot scene for that gay friendly vibe?