Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 883067 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #2760 on: February 02, 2022, 12:56:04 pm »
So this site was in beta two months and clearly not on anyone’s radar until yesterday…

Looks like all it took was one artist finding their stuff there for all heck to break loose.. possibly Tom Vek and the site immediately blamed his distributor for his presence there

Dischord Records has been twitte this tweet from the owner…

I just got an NFT of Minor Threat - Bottled Violence

I can’t think of a worst band\label to use as an example of your shitty service
T.Rex

« Reply #2761 on: February 02, 2022, 01:17:30 pm »
don't we have an NFT thread

just saw this
https://www.insurancequotes.com/insurance-tips/nft-insurance-non-fungible-tokens
How Does Insurance Work with NFT?
The fact that the NFT is not the artwork itself — instead a digital address for the art — presents some unique challenges from an insurance point of view. Each element introduces some risk, and it all needs to be either managed or insured.

Since the artwork could be housed on an offsite server controlled by someone else, the first danger is that the digital asset itself could be destroyed. If there was only one copy of a photograph, and that photograph is deleted, or its file gets corrupted, or it is locked into a ransomware attack, then that would be the same as an oil painting being destroyed in a fire. The insurance policy would need to protect against that digital “damage or loss.”

There are insurance implications for the NFT itself as well. If the private key is lost, that would mean that the owner no longer has control over the asset. The same goes for if a hacker gains access to the owner’s digital wallet and makes off with the token.

“Are you protecting the Token – the ERC- 721 or ERC-1155 or are you protecting the metadata describing the NFT or are you protecting the JPEG? Are you guaranteeing that the token, metadata and JPEG are always accessible? Are you guaranteeing that the metadata and JPEG have not been compromised? There are a lot more risk vectors that need to be factored in and protection policies need to be clear as to what types of policies exist,” Henley said.

In the case of art or music NFTs where royalties for usage and transfer could potentially be assigned, owners also need to protect against so-called “smart contract failure,” which could mean financial loss if royalties couldn’t be captured or paid down the road.

Being able to transfer the token to an heir after death is another insurance consideration.

With the assets being digital, that introduces an even further quirk into the question of insurance. Most traditional property insurance policies require physical damage to an asset before a claim can be filed. But, in cases of digital artwork, proving physical damage would be difficult, if not impossible.

no answers, but some good questions
Still find it's crazy how much money is going into these
as kosmo said, there is some money laundring aspect, but at the same time
if you paid 1 mill for a bored ape #324, conceivably there is no buyer for that at all, so all that money you were hoping to launder could be somewhat useless??

I'm sure there is plenty of speculative money to be made in this stuff
Also, once you make the NFT, that's really the only payout. You don't may any revenue/income off any sales after that
That's my understanding
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2762 on: February 02, 2022, 04:01:35 pm »
the money laundering angle works this way.. since purchases can be anonymous all you have to do  buy bored ape #311 and then sell it to yourself, the money is moved from point a to point b...

and it has been pointed out that hitpiece can't be selling true NFTs as you can pay for what they are trying to sell via credit cards and to be true  blockchain purchases it has be done via a cypto currency..   or something like that...

i predicated earlier that this NFT nonsense will have the lifetime of DualDiscs which lasted two years... a format that several CD\DVD vendors warned not to us in their products..  and yes a have a couple of those in my collection and no this will not mean i will be buying any NFTs :p

T.Rex

« Reply #2763 on: February 02, 2022, 04:43:21 pm »
DualDiscs which lasted two years... a format that several CD\DVD vendors warned not to us in their products..  and yes a have a couple of those in my collection
so you have a copy of this
 Straight Outta Lynwood by "Weird Al" Yankovic have been released in the United States exclusively as DualDiscs.

no this will not mean i will be buying any NFTs :p
wait, so you will be buying some NFTs

if you paid 1 mill for a bored ape #324
ahh, so I now sell it to myself
should I sell at a loss so I can claim it on my taxes
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 04:47:14 pm by slightly different Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2764 on: February 02, 2022, 05:53:05 pm »
Look like the only dualdisc I got was for Franz Ferdinand… The Crowded House greatest hits I was also thinking of was actually a CD + DVD not DualDisc
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #2765 on: February 02, 2022, 07:33:30 pm »
Soundiiz is mentioned on Qobuz’s website for playlist transfer

https://soundiiz.com/qobuz

There are a bunch of others out there with both free and premium plans

Since I’m not a big playlist user, I’ve never tried any of these, but might give one a shot because I’m interested in checking out actor Robert Carlyle’s playlists he calls Saturday Tunes. Where he highlights a variety of tracks of up and coming Uk bands.

Sorry, missed this.  I use Soundiiz often and like it.  I don't pay for it - I only use it a couple times a week.

I am not a paying member of Spotify, but I use it to create collab playlists for a few local bars and restaurants.  When we're done I transfer those playlists to my preferred paid subscription service to listen to later.  I also do it for other interesting playlists that I read/hear about...
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2766 on: February 03, 2022, 11:20:31 am »
Soundiiz is mentioned on Qobuz’s website for playlist transfer

https://soundiiz.com/qobuz

There are a bunch of others out there with both free and premium plans

Since I’m not a big playlist user, I’ve never tried any of these, but might give one a shot because I’m interested in checking out actor Robert Carlyle’s playlists he calls Saturday Tunes. Where he highlights a variety of tracks of up and coming Uk bands.

Sorry, missed this.  I use Soundiiz often and like it.  I don't pay for it - I only use it a couple times a week.

I am not a paying member of Spotify, but I use it to create collab playlists for a few local bars and restaurants.  When we're done I transfer those playlists to my preferred paid subscription service to listen to later.  I also do it for other interesting playlists that I read/hear about...

yeah i just used it to transfer one of Mr. Carlyle's playlists and it's pretty slick and easy to use.  Got 35 tracks transferred over from a 50 track playlist which isn't to shocking see as Qobuz isn't as high profile as one would like
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2767 on: February 05, 2022, 06:27:30 pm »
Latest musical feud generating  that golden clickbait

Vedder vs Sixx
T.Rex

Yada

« Reply #2768 on: February 07, 2022, 01:55:50 pm »

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2769 on: February 07, 2022, 04:55:55 pm »
Specifically REM banter

https://www.murmurs.com/

Site goes back online

https://twitter.com/ethank/status/1490548892965900288?s=21

I just recently saw someone bemoaning how all the independently hosted forums were gone and everyone was forced into using the same few  sites for groups

So thanks to Seth for letting us keep kicking forum\bbs style all these years
T.Rex

GAY,GUY

« Reply #2770 on: February 07, 2022, 07:07:04 pm »
Damn . . . Azealia Banks just ended, Kanye.

Yada

« Reply #2771 on: February 08, 2022, 05:08:39 pm »

Bagley

« Reply #2772 on: February 22, 2022, 11:59:55 am »

Yada

« Reply #2773 on: February 22, 2022, 01:00:55 pm »
5 ring musical highlight:

https://consequence.net/2022/02/alexandra-trusova-stooges-i-wanna-be-your-dog/

Ha... hilarious. I've watched about 7 minutes of the Olympics this year and happened to catch that the other night.   

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2774 on: February 25, 2022, 04:28:24 pm »
as a follow up to another crazed vinyl box set...

might i share with you a 50 CD box set of Al Stewart

2022 just might turn out to be the Year of the Cat if Madfish Music has anything to do with it.  On June 3, the U.K. label will release a massive, 50-CD box set anthologizing the career of celebrated singer-songwriter Al Stewart.  The Admiralty Lights: Complete Studio, Live, and Rare 1964-2009 spans five decades of the artist behind "Year of the Cat," "Time Passages," "Midnight Rocks," "Bedsitter Images," and "Nostradamus" via his complete released live and studio recordings and over 300 previously unreleased bonus tracks.

The set, limited to 2,000 copies (with the assurance that it will not be subsequently reissued), includes the following treasure trove of Stewart's works:

https://theseconddisc.com/2022/02/25/years-of-the-cat-madfish-collects-complete-al-stewart-on-massive-50-cd-box-set/

$500 on Amazon...

T.Rex