Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 863552 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2013, 09:19:26 am »
The Babys have reformed and what more then songwriting and cardio do you want from a reunited band.  And fess up I knew some here lost their virginities in the backseat while these guys were on the 8track player.
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2013, 09:35:29 am »
The Babys have reformed and what more then songwriting and cardio do you want from a reunited band.  And fess up I knew some here lost their virginities in the backseat while these guys were on the 8track player.

8 Track Player? Those were way gone by the time I turned 16.  Never heard the Babys music.  Is that the band John Waite was in?

bearman🐻

« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2013, 10:19:36 am »
Kim Deal left the Pixies. Bummer.

azaghal1981

« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2013, 10:25:45 am »
She probably was tired of living in the past and playing cashgrabtastic shows.

Keili is on WFMU regularly again. Maybe this means more airtime for Killsaly's music.
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2013, 10:28:45 am »
Oh yeah! I actually plan on sending her some new music over the next couple of months...

azaghal1981

« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2013, 10:37:43 am »
Maybe she'll have you in for a live session and I can tag along and be the annoying FMU fanboy.
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2013, 10:42:37 am »
If that ever happens, then i will definitely take you (and probably Joe, you know he wouldn't want to be left out).

hutch

« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2013, 11:10:32 am »
I recently read the Pixies Oral History (seems weird to write that last bit)

anyways.. its pretty clear from reading it that the Pixies only really existed as functioning band for about a year or two... pretty much all the stuff was written very early on.. most of it probably origially by Frank Black/whatever he goes by today played with Joey....most of it came out on Pilgrim and Surfer but a lot of the later stuff on Doolittle and Trompe were real early songs.. I was surprised by that.... .. I also think a Pixies without Kim is just not workable and I wonder if Kim is just having so much fun touring with the Breeders right now that she decided she wanted to just keep going with that... if she felt she had to leave it makes it seem that something was about to happen be it a tour or new album recording... and she just decided to say no... either way she sure did Joey and Dave a service because without her rejoining the Pixies reunion would not have happened and they needed that money bad..

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2013, 11:27:20 am »
She probably was tired of living in the past
And to remedy that she's touring an album that is 20 years old.

azaghal1981

« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2013, 11:29:06 am »
Touche.

Though the Breeders' last effort came out just a few years ago.
احمد

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2013, 11:30:50 am »
John Waite yes in the Babys... And their hit album was on 8-track in the late 70s
T.Rex

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2013, 11:48:19 am »
Touche.

I like the Pixies better than the Breeders.  But I like Pod better than anything the Pixies ever did.  Does not compute.  Do the Breeders even play anything of Pod in concert?

hutch

« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2013, 12:35:05 pm »
Touche.

I like the Pixies better than the Breeders.  But I like Pod better than anything the Pixies ever did.  Does not compute.  Do the Breeders even play anything of Pod in concert?

well on this tour they were playing the happiness is a warm gun cover

atomicfront

« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2013, 01:48:30 pm »
Touche.

well on this tour they were playing the happiness is a warm gun cover

Father John Misty does that song as well.  Popular song to cover.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #104 on: July 03, 2013, 10:39:30 pm »
Ke$ha rips off the Residents long standing stage look on her new tour and then her people won't even discuss the matter with someone representing the band.  Boo Hiss

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/does-ke-stage-show-rip-off-residents-193446304.html
T.Rex