Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 882547 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #555 on: February 25, 2014, 05:16:18 pm »
What needs to happen now is a Noel Gallagher commentary on Vine about the Oasis Instagram announcement
T.Rex

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #556 on: February 25, 2014, 09:22:32 pm »
I must be old and out of touch, or just unwilling to accept the ridiculousness that is yet another form of visual entertainment on the internet . . . but i refuse to understand or accept the need of, this thing, called vine.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #557 on: February 25, 2014, 09:38:16 pm »
i personnel could care less about vine too, but it's just the perfect platform for Noel to comment on this

http://instagram.com/p/k2fsb8vdIk/
T.Rex

azaghal1981

« Reply #558 on: February 25, 2014, 11:03:35 pm »
Walkies, what do you think about emojis?
احمد

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #559 on: February 26, 2014, 09:52:35 am »
The big announcement was a reissue/box set which includes a tote bag and keychain.  Also a limited edition cassette of demos.
T.Rex

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #560 on: February 26, 2014, 10:40:05 am »

to be honest, at first, like most of human kind, i found them to be endearing and cute representations of laziness . . . but now, like most of human kind, ive grown tired of their simplistic answers to inane forms of neocommunications.  i guess i should sum up such logic by posting one now, here at the end of this sentence, as some sort of reasonational metaphor, but i wont, because wtf, lolz and omg.

azaghal1981

« Reply #561 on: February 26, 2014, 10:41:35 am »
So cassettes are officially mainstream again.

Blame/thank the noise/DIY/punk communities for that.
احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #562 on: February 26, 2014, 10:45:28 am »
i blame, boredom, and spoiled brats everywhere, who need to be homeless eating out of dumpsters for about a month to slap some fucking sense of actual humanity into their wastes of energy.

azaghal1981

« Reply #563 on: February 26, 2014, 10:47:26 am »

to be honest, at first, like most of human kind, i found them to be endearing and cute representations of laziness . . . but now, like most of human kind, ive grown tired of their simplistic answers to inane forms of neocommunications.  i guess i should sum up such logic by posting one now, here at the end of this sentence, as some sort of reasonational metaphor, but i wont, because wtf, lolz and omg.

Well what do you think of my idea to make emoji versions of song lyrics? Cop Killer Add it Up intro and verses 1 and 2
احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #564 on: February 26, 2014, 10:52:26 am »
all i see is blank boxes, but then again, all i want to see is blank boxes.

azaghal1981

« Reply #565 on: February 26, 2014, 10:56:51 am »
Do they only work on phones? That's no good.
احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #566 on: February 26, 2014, 03:57:06 pm »
i just joined twitter myself, after a long battle of you must not join because it is dumb.  but i get excited thinking about stuff to tweet, and i dont, know even why.  i actually hang my head in shame that i am having to watch a youtube video on how to get the finer aspects of understanding the whole thing, because besides typing in a ridiculous inane comment every so often, i dont really know what i am doing.  good lord, it sounds, like me here.

slappy

« Reply #567 on: February 26, 2014, 04:57:35 pm »
From spin.com
State's Most Popular Music Not As Popular Anywhere Else (aggregated from streaming sites).

The source website also has charts to confirm young people listen to shitty music.
http://musicmachinery.com/

Hexenjagd

« Reply #568 on: February 26, 2014, 05:02:03 pm »
I saw that the other day and thought some of them were really weird.  Kurt Vile for Oregon?  Edward Sharpe for PA?

Yada

« Reply #569 on: February 26, 2014, 05:13:55 pm »
That map is highly misleading...

Another caveat: The map only shows, as Lumere puts it, "the top most distinctive popular artist for a state that hasn't already been selected for a more populous state."