Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 864937 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #660 on: April 01, 2014, 01:48:03 pm »
This is fucking adorable: The Fall - band  :D

And now they're deleting posts on their page that call them out (none by me).

Slappy Maxwell
You did not write 'Elastic Man'! The Great MES has a posse!
Change your name you cunts!

The Fall - band That worthless piece of Shit band hasn't been together for years.. so like I said fuck off Ass Hole
Like · Reply · 11 minutes ago

The Fall - band Fuck off Ass Hole!!!
Like · Reply · 13 minutes ago

It took them a good 24 hours to figure out how to block me. It was fun while it lasted.

"The Fall - band March 13 · Edited
Our lead vocalist JD Davis somewhere in the backwoods of OKLAHOMA with a prize pig!
You can take the boy out the country....but you sure can't take the country out the boy!!"

Slappy Maxwell
I bet he swiped it from another hunter.
Like · Reply · 18 hours ago

i'm enjoying trolling them

It's funny that they say that they've tried to contact The Fall but so far no success. No reply is necessary; the problem will take care of itself. These guys might get a few gigs around KC but nowhere else. They would probably have trouble getting recordings pressed, and none of the digital services will take them with that name. If they're at all serious they'll change their name soon.
😐 🎶

atomic

« Reply #661 on: April 01, 2014, 03:19:50 pm »
This is fucking adorable: The Fall - band  :D

And now they're deleting posts on their page that call them out (none by me).

Slappy Maxwell
You did not write 'Elastic Man'! The Great MES has a posse!
Change your name you cunts!

The Fall - band That worthless piece of Shit band hasn't been together for years.. so like I said fuck off Ass Hole
Like · Reply · 11 minutes ago

The Fall - band Fuck off Ass Hole!!!
Like · Reply · 13 minutes ago

It took them a good 24 hours to figure out how to block me. It was fun while it lasted.

"The Fall - band March 13 · Edited
Our lead vocalist JD Davis somewhere in the backwoods of OKLAHOMA with a prize pig!
You can take the boy out the country....but you sure can't take the country out the boy!!"

Slappy Maxwell
I bet he swiped it from another hunter.
Like · Reply · 18 hours ago

i'm enjoying trolling them

It's funny that they say that they've tried to contact The Fall but so far no success. No reply is necessary; the problem will take care of itself. These guys might get a few gigs around KC but nowhere else. They would probably have trouble getting recordings pressed, and none of the digital services will take them with that name. If they're at all serious they'll change their name soon.

There is a band called the Fall without Mark E. Smith in it?  Is Brix Smith in the band? If not they need to change the name.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #662 on: April 01, 2014, 06:52:12 pm »
http://pitchfork.com/news/54568-the-flaming-lips-releasing-companion-album-to-pink-floyds-the-dark-side-of-the-moon/

i would love to have a honest mindful discussion about the flaming lips one day on here with some people who have such opinions about the flaming lips requiring words to express it.  i feel that they were (once) good, maybe even (twice) legendary, but somehow, now, they have devolved, into a thing that is more interested in gimmick over substance.

in the words of my friend Hutch, they're done!!!!!

It would appear it's part of elaborate prank that a bunch of music sites fell for.  It was released on Funny Or Die today.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/c7562ab266/flaming-side-of-the-moon-studio-session

And Fred Armisen joining the flaming lips is pretty funny...

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/a5c3a11daa/fred-armisen-joins-the-flaming-lips
T.Rex

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #664 on: April 02, 2014, 10:48:52 pm »
might want to catch this next  trilogy tour
This one will feature The Top, The Head on the Door, and Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me.
slack

hutch

« Reply #665 on: April 03, 2014, 08:06:19 am »
This one will feature The Top, The Head on the Door, and Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me.

Might??

atomic

« Reply #666 on: April 03, 2014, 10:31:20 am »

Oh my favorite three albums by them. 

« Reply #667 on: April 03, 2014, 11:35:46 am »

Might??

Ok most certainly, but they will probably play the LUBE and I won't want to go
last time I saw them was Disintegration
Then there was the time....that Hutch bought tickets to see them at the Nissan in the 90's and forgot about it until the next day!
slack

hutch

« Reply #668 on: April 03, 2014, 04:55:36 pm »

Might??

Ok most certainly, but they will probably play the LUBE and I won't want to go
last time I saw them was Disintegration
Then there was the time....that Hutch bought tickets to see them at the Nissan in the 90's and forgot about it until the next day!

wasn't that patriot center?..

yah..way the fuck embarassing....still haven't seen them....

robert smith sounds phenomenal.. he's got some of the old classic band members back.... and he'll play a four hour show about 45 songs

to me it sounds like a must see..

note last time cure played area it was MPP as part of i think curiosa so i don't see them playing the lube.... i think they would go through IMP and do MPP again

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #669 on: April 03, 2014, 05:04:53 pm »
note last time cure played area it was MPP

last time played MPP was 2004.... played Patriot Center 2008.
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #670 on: April 03, 2014, 05:05:57 pm »
i love shows at patriot . . . i dont know why, but i do.  loved white stripes, beck, cure, furthur.  so easy to get into and out of.  plus i can stop at that dennys on the way out.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 05:11:29 pm by walkonby »

atomic

« Reply #671 on: April 03, 2014, 05:34:21 pm »

They played MPP in 1986.  The third time I saw them. 

hutch

« Reply #672 on: April 03, 2014, 05:34:50 pm »

I stand corrected...thats how little i been paying attention to the Cure..

but these Trilogy shows  some even with tolhurst and i don't know who else are interesting to me...nostalgia i guess

they are playing 4 hour plus shows its crazy....

hutch

« Reply #673 on: April 03, 2014, 05:38:18 pm »
i love shows at patriot . . . i dont know why, but i do.  loved white stripes, beck, cure, furthur.  so easy to get into and out of.  plus i can stop at that dennys on the way out.

if the reason you love a venue is cause of how far its from your home/convenient to get to or hate a venue is cause its far i think you should just keep your thoughts to yourself cause they have nothing to say to anybody else.

the ottobar is a bitch for me to get to....doesn't mean its not great... what a nice place to see a band... friendly staff, cheap beer, easy as pie parking...the kind of place you meet the band after the show in the lot right next to it...

the patriot center is close to me..doesnt mean the sound doesn't usually suck.. or that it isn't a colorless place with zero personality...talk about a boring venue..not to mention campus security always fun...

objectivty. try it.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #674 on: April 03, 2014, 05:48:51 pm »
if the reason you love a venue is cause of how far its from your home/convenient to get to or hate a venue is cause its far i think you should just keep your thoughts to yourself cause they have nothing to say to anybody else.

objectivty. try it.
Says the guy who is famous for ranting about "natural DC shows" in response to a concert he wanted to attend skipping his town...
LVMH