Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 863763 times)

Hexenjagd

Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #705 on: April 11, 2014, 01:17:08 pm »
Why do you all care who is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?  Does it really matter? 

Wait - you are the same lot who think they can do a better job running baseball teams and picking Oscar winners; never mind - carry on.

atomic

« Reply #706 on: April 11, 2014, 01:20:42 pm »
Why do you all care who is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?  Does it really matter? 

Wait - you are the same lot who think they can do a better job running baseball teams and picking Oscar winners; never mind - carry on.

At least we dont' care who wins a make believe wrestling match.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #707 on: April 11, 2014, 01:30:08 pm »
OOOOHHHH BURN

Do you not watch movies?  Do you not cheer for the hero?  Hope he survives and saves the day? 

GASP

It is SCRIPTED as well.

OMG - Entertainment

atomic

« Reply #708 on: April 11, 2014, 01:33:29 pm »
OOOOHHHH BURN

Do you not watch movies?  Do you not cheer for the hero?  Hope he survives and saves the day? 

GASP

It is SCRIPTED as well.

OMG - Entertainment

I don't watch action movies.  I would rate wrestling below that.   

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #709 on: April 11, 2014, 01:42:57 pm »
Wait - you are the same lot who think they can do a better job running baseball teams ... ; never mind - carry on.
This is actually a fantastic burn but you didn't direct it at the right poster. Still awesome.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #710 on: April 11, 2014, 01:46:20 pm »
Wait - you are the same lot who think they can do a better job running baseball teams ... ; never mind - carry on.
This is actually a fantastic burn but you didn't direct it at the right poster. Still awesome.

It might be a fantastic burn if the poster didn't drive to New Orleans to watch a wrestling match. 

Hexenjagd

« Reply #711 on: April 11, 2014, 03:14:48 pm »
Atomic, why are you obsessed with what I enjoy?

Now back on topic... What is this?
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/bestofdc/poll/artsandentertainment/2014/best-place-to-see-local-music

People voted 930 Club on Washington City paper as... Best place to see local music?  It deserves the best music venue spot, but best place to see local music?  I am not being a hater, just being real.  Look at the list of bands that are playing the 930 Club over the next few months.  The most "local" it gets are a couple from Baltimore, the rest are from anywhere else.  Maybe the people who voted didn't understand the category.  930 Club does host local bands every now and then, but still.  I am surprised it wasn't voted "best outdoors venue."
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 03:17:05 pm by Hexenjagd »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #712 on: April 11, 2014, 03:17:41 pm »
People voted 930 Club on Washington City paper as... Best place to see local music?  It deserves the best music venue spot, but best place to see local music?  I am not being a hater, just being real.  Look at the list of bands that are playing the 930 Club over the next few months.  The most "local" it gets are a couple from Baltimore, the rest are from anywhere else.  Maybe the people who voted didn't understand the category.  930 Club does host local bands every now and then, but still.
that is funny. A few years back here in Richmond, Style Weekly did their annual poll and The National won best large venue, best small venue, and best venue to see local music. I chalk it up to being the only venue people who lived out the suburbs could name.
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #713 on: April 11, 2014, 04:07:19 pm »
i think the club also wins the cutest owner, award, as well . . . or maybe that in my dreamed award ceremony with finger sandwiches and punch, thread.

Yada

« Reply #714 on: April 11, 2014, 04:09:50 pm »
i think the club also wins the cutest owner, award, as well . . . or maybe that in my dreamed award ceremony with finger sandwiches and punch, thread.

oh hai.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 04:11:27 pm by Yada »

azaghal1981

« Reply #715 on: April 11, 2014, 04:45:23 pm »
That "best place to see local music" result is laughable. Julian might be onto something.

Staff picks are great, though. Especially "best overlooked jazz elder." I've known Aaron for a good while. Always a pleasure to hear play and talk to.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/bestofdc/artsandentertainment/2014/best-overlooked-jazz-elder
احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #716 on: April 12, 2014, 12:39:09 pm »

trey sitting in with allman brothers band, at wanne festival.

i am gay and i like cats

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #718 on: April 13, 2014, 07:17:31 pm »
Woah Detroit Cobras came out of hibernation and out touring again, sadly nothing as close as Philly so far.
T.Rex

Vas Deferens

« Reply #719 on: April 14, 2014, 08:54:12 am »
^ that was January 2014.....or did they announce another Philly date?
(_|_)