Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 863671 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #825 on: July 30, 2014, 11:04:49 am »
your comma delimited rant

this made me LOL.

drop anything walkie posts into a text editor, save as .csv, and import into Excel!!!

slowly diverting this thread to geekological banter...
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #826 on: July 30, 2014, 11:12:05 am »
drop anything walkie posts into a text editor, save as .csv, and import into Excel!!!
Format Text/Space Delimited all the way. I didn't used to be Julian, .prn CONNOISSEUR for nothing.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 11:40:42 am by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #827 on: July 30, 2014, 01:29:06 pm »
yes, but you should have, at least musical talent enough to put out music to be reviewed, if you are going to trash other peoples talent, as shit.

having an opinion . . . and putting out your opinion into the world to be accepted and deciphered as the truth, are two separate things.
That's idiotic. Absolutely nothing you said in your comma delimited rant is remotely reasonable.

im enjoying, your alliteration, at the end of that sentence.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #828 on: July 30, 2014, 06:39:23 pm »
i'll fully admin my intentions of posting that review weren't entirely pure... but there is some irony in the fact that Tiesto apparently only produced his album and left all the actual creating of the tracks to others...

another classic review i saw recently, basically took one band to task because a former band member is now in another group with a bigger buzz and included that info in the review.
T.Rex

azaghal1981

« Reply #829 on: July 30, 2014, 08:08:49 pm »
Yeah, I'll admit picking on Tiesto is like shooting monkeys in a barrel.
احمد

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
😐 🎶

hutch

« Reply #831 on: July 31, 2014, 01:55:42 pm »
Weird Al Yankovic has the number one album in the USA!!

woo hoo

i was the coolest kid in school for a day -I must admit not a common event- in the 8th grade when i recorded Eat It off of American top 40 and took it to school on my walkman (this was in japan and nobody had heard it)

« Reply #832 on: July 31, 2014, 02:02:05 pm »
sad that it only lasted for a day  ;D
slack

hutch

« Reply #833 on: July 31, 2014, 02:08:37 pm »
sad that it only lasted for a day  ;D

I agree...I blame my parents!

I suppose I can think of a few other highlights...but some of them are pretty lame... why did being cool seem to go hand in hand with being an idiot?

I was cool when I stole a test before the test and shared it with the people on my school bus.....cool until someone snitched on me...

I guess I was cool when I was elected high school student body president but not really...

I sure would have loved to have been able to play soccer well....or dated the hot swedish or even english chick in my class....

I've come to realize these things are so often predetermined by your genetics and your upbringing you hardly have a chance to be anything other than what you end up being.

« Reply #834 on: July 31, 2014, 02:35:40 pm »
don't worry dude, you're cool in my book
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 02:47:21 pm by Sidehatch »
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #835 on: July 31, 2014, 02:51:43 pm »
I was cool when I stole a test before the test and shared it with the people on my school bus.....cool until someone snitched on me...
Something similar happened to me. I was at an afterschool "something" (I forget what) and I was in a utility room with a copy machine. This was like 5th grade. And the science teacher, Mr. Vest, had left the test for the next day sitting on top of the copy machine. I thought it was funny, put it in my pocket, told no one, and the next day, first thing I went to his classroom and returned it. He asked where I got it and I said it was on the copy machine. He called my parents and made a big stink about it and postponed the test for a day until he could come up with new questions about the same material. I remember my dad coming to school and going "you left something somewhere, and he returned it to you and didn't show it to anyone else? What did you want him to do exactly?"

I think I turned up getting lunch detention or something over it still, but I'm not 100% on the details.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #836 on: July 31, 2014, 04:51:49 pm »
in first year of grad school, we would ask second year students for their old tests to do them as practice tests.  for one exam, the prof was a lazy goofball and used 90% of the questions from the previous year's test.  the average on that test was over 90%.  after much deliberation, the prof decided to let the marks stand since it was "his fault" (laziness) that we all did so well.  much debate ensued...

Musicological --> geekological --> academic... what's next?
<sig>

« Reply #837 on: August 01, 2014, 08:41:09 am »
weird al would cry with happiness if he knew what he has inspired
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #838 on: August 01, 2014, 08:27:55 pm »
yes, but you should have, at least musical talent enough to put out music to be reviewed, if you are going to trash other peoples talent, as shit.

having an opinion . . . and putting out your opinion into the world to be accepted and deciphered as the truth, are two separate things.
That's idiotic. Absolutely nothing you said in your comma delimited rant is remotely reasonable.

im enjoying, your alliteration, at the end of that sentence.

I've! figured it out, Walkie, is actually a Christopher Walken, bot!

T.Rex

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #839 on: August 01, 2014, 08:32:20 pm »
im, fish and chips, loving, that telephone number.