Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 864336 times)

hutch

Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #915 on: September 10, 2014, 06:42:17 pm »
The very definition of being hip is listening to whatever you like and not giving a shit what others think...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #916 on: September 11, 2014, 07:38:16 am »
The makes me the hippest of the hip then  :o

<cues up Kacey Musgraves for the commute in>
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #917 on: September 11, 2014, 08:52:57 am »
Ok I lied..I'm actually listening to the Polyrythmics a killer afrofunk outfit with jazzy overtones.  But,I do often listen to ms. Musgraves when I having a lousy morning.
T.Rex

James Ford

« Reply #918 on: September 11, 2014, 09:04:11 am »
Like my mom, with her collection of American Idol alumni CD's.

The very definition of being hip is listening to whatever you like and not giving a shit what others think...

Bagley

« Reply #919 on: September 11, 2014, 09:05:29 am »
"Follow your arrow wherever it points"

KM

Yada

« Reply #920 on: September 11, 2014, 09:36:56 am »
Like my mom, with her collection of American Idol alumni CD's.

**wiggles to ruben studdard**

« Reply #921 on: September 15, 2014, 05:51:14 pm »
Kiss Army helps raise $1Mil for a us military museum
slack

stevewizzle

« Reply #922 on: September 16, 2014, 12:01:31 am »
mark kozelek has become the most annoying person in music in 2014. his lyrics are already whiney enough to begin with, and now he's pouring it on with a bunch of pointless, entitled stage banter. 

Yada

« Reply #923 on: September 16, 2014, 09:20:53 am »
mark kozelek has become the most annoying person in music in 2014. his lyrics are already whiney enough to begin with, and now he's pouring it on with a bunch of pointless, entitled stage banter. 

I agree... what a boring douche.

bearman🐻

« Reply #924 on: September 16, 2014, 11:44:02 am »

I think it's pretty funny he's getting all this attention. He has ALWAYS been cranky, bitter, and confrontational. Entitled? More than Kanye? Please. I think Mr. West takes the award for boring douche.

Yada

« Reply #925 on: September 16, 2014, 12:43:28 pm »

I think it's pretty funny he's getting all this attention. He has ALWAYS been cranky, bitter, and confrontational. Entitled? More than Kanye? Please. I think Mr. West takes the award for boring douche.

I'm not arguing that.

stevewizzle

« Reply #926 on: September 16, 2014, 01:01:46 pm »

I'm not arguing that.

yeah definitely not arguing that.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #927 on: September 18, 2014, 10:36:56 am »

I saw PG in 2007 or 2008 at Univ of Maryland.

I saw him a few times too. I was surprised that he was not particularly tight on solo piano. I know he is a composer, but I expected that songs he wrote 30 years ago had many years of practice. In any case, I still prefer to see the composer playing than a "cover" artist, as we would say for rock music.

Classical composers are often not very good players of their own works. Mahler wrote some great symphonies but was considered a mediocre conductor of them. After all, much of what they write is for instruments that they themselves cannot play.
😐 🎶

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #928 on: September 23, 2014, 01:27:15 pm »
Can someone please explain why so many of you want to see the Replacements?  Is it for the nostalgia factor?  I watched their song on Fallon the other night, after a coworker raved on and on about it, and I found it to not be something I would pay money to witness live and barely made it through the one song.

I am not hating, I am just curious as to their (current) appeal. 

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #929 on: September 23, 2014, 02:55:22 pm »
Is it for the nostalgia factor? 
Yes, absolutely. I never got to see them because I was too young and its a total "imagine what it would've been like to be there way back when" thing.

This doesn't preclude them from being really, really good, btw. (Not implying you're saying that, but lots of people want to paint it as an either-or.)
LVMH