Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 895425 times)

walk,on,by

Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #1560 on: February 11, 2016, 11:07:36 am »
that's cool.  good, luck.  I know there is a dj, and music experts, but I cant remember if people on here are actually musicians . . . but there was one person that had something to do with the dead milkmen tour.  I hate going back and searching.

Yada

« Reply #1561 on: February 11, 2016, 11:08:38 am »
are there any musicians on this board? preferably someone around my age (old) who is still learning or been playing less than a year?

Instrument doesn't matter... guitar, bass, drums, triangle, wood block

I strive to some day utter the phrase "I'm getting the band back together"

I play some mean G, C, D, E, A, and F chords on the ole acoustic.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1562 on: February 11, 2016, 11:12:09 am »
are there any musicians on this board? preferably someone around my age (old) who is still learning or been playing less than a year?

Instrument doesn't matter... guitar, bass, drums, triangle, wood block

I strive to some day utter the phrase "I'm getting the band back together"

I play some mean G, C, D, E, A, and F chords on the ole acoustic.
Don't feel bad, B is a tricky bastard.
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #1563 on: February 11, 2016, 11:24:54 am »
I play guitar. My frequency of playing comes and goes, but I've been back to playing most every day for a year or so. Have always wanted to take lessons but never got around to it. So instead I either figure out how to play songs I want to play or I put a song on the boombox and play along with it. I was always able to play along with White Stripes records really well.

I'm also in the process of teaching my youngest son to play. Kids simply love to play an electric guitar turned way the hell up.
oword

« Reply #1564 on: February 11, 2016, 11:29:44 am »
. Kids simply love to play an electric guitar turned way the hell up.
I think that's universal
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #1565 on: February 11, 2016, 11:33:07 am »
I know right? And yet so few fathers harness this sexy energy.
oword

bob72

« Reply #1566 on: February 11, 2016, 11:35:51 am »
I play guitar. My frequency of playing comes and goes, but I've been back to playing most every day for a year or so. Have always wanted to take lessons but never got around to it. So instead I either figure out how to play songs I want to play or I put a song on the boombox and play along with it. I was always able to play along with White Stripes records really well.
I had taken two months worth of lessons about 3 years ago, with intermittent playing since then, Recently I've been putting more focus on it and plan on signing back up for lessons, figure out what my goals are, etc. Having no family or responsibilities that normal adults have I'm able to put some time into it.
PENIS

« Reply #1567 on: February 11, 2016, 11:51:51 am »
Having no family or responsibilities that normal adults have I'm able to put some time into it.
while I truly lived a blessed life....I do yearn for that freedom of time and where I spend my money
slack

bob72

« Reply #1568 on: February 11, 2016, 12:06:00 pm »
Having no family or responsibilities that normal adults have I'm able to put some time into it.
I do yearn for that freedom of time and where I spend my money
yes, one of the many benefits of being a single, aging, fat gay man lol
PENIS

killsaly

« Reply #1569 on: February 11, 2016, 12:10:34 pm »
I am not your age, and have been playing guitar and bass since the late 90s (and sang in a band for a bit) and have been making music on my computer since 2003 (and played rhythm guitar and synth for a band for a few years until 2010). Why do you ask? (I am still learning though...)

Yada

« Reply #1570 on: February 11, 2016, 12:16:42 pm »
I do yearn for that freedom of time and where I spend my money
yes, one of the many benefits of being a single, aging, fat gay man lol

pics?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1571 on: February 11, 2016, 12:16:56 pm »
are there any musicians on this board?  

depending what you mean by "musician", sure.  i play guitar (i have acoustics and electrics), some keys (nothing too fancy, mostly as an input tool for electronic music), i've played some bass, and i used to play a weird ukrainian harp called a bandura (haven't broken it out in years, tho).

preferably someone around my age (old)

again, depends what you call "old"... i'm certainly not young.

who is still learning or been playing less than a year?

sorry, can't help you there.  took various lessons in my pre-teens, taught myself guitar in my teens, started mucking about with keyboards & MIDI gear about 12 years ago.

that's a biggie.  the amount of time i've spent playing music has cratered since the kiddos were born.  they're now at an age where they like listening to me play... for about 30 seconds.

(I am still learning though...)

amen.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #1572 on: February 11, 2016, 12:21:17 pm »
Kiddo quote of the day:

"Any bad music is Adele."

or was it "Adele is bad music"?

Anyway, I approve of that message.

bob72

« Reply #1573 on: February 11, 2016, 12:26:16 pm »

again, depends what you call "old"... i'm certainly not young.

pics?

um lol, no

Why do you ask?
not to sound like a craigslist personal, but I'm looking for people who might be interested in getting together musically
PENIS

hutch

« Reply #1574 on: February 11, 2016, 01:12:03 pm »
whoaaa...forum band.......