Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 863308 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #2010 on: January 18, 2019, 10:21:11 pm »
I just thought it was peculiar. But if you're going to post highlights, how could you miss this: Touching, Rubbing, Stroking: Rehabilitation of the snare drum through queer erotics
😐 🎶

« Reply #2011 on: January 19, 2019, 11:11:35 am »
I just thought it was peculiar. But if you're going to post highlights, how could you miss this: Touching, Rubbing, Stroking: Rehabilitation of the snare drum through queer erotics
It was a contender, but felt I had to pick three
Although that one does pair well with
4:00 - 6:00 — Dinner on your own
;)
slack

« Reply #2013 on: March 21, 2019, 12:25:20 pm »
today's google doodle is pretty darn cool

uses AI to generate music in the style of Johann Sebastian Bach

just add some notes and Voila!

The Doodle also includes some hidden surprises. Click the mini amplifier to the right of the keyboard to upgrade the instruments to ‘80s synths
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2014 on: March 21, 2019, 04:21:55 pm »
^ i had way too much fun with that.  boss-man isn't going to be happy.  this is where i stopped: https://g.co/doodle/wcfa75
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2015 on: March 26, 2019, 02:02:42 pm »
Have you ever heard a song you liked so much you wished it would last forever?

Make it so.

« Reply #2016 on: April 11, 2019, 02:51:05 pm »
slack

« Reply #2017 on: April 19, 2019, 09:22:15 am »
Pink Floyd bandmates Roger Waters and Nick Mason  reunited to perform “Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun" from the band's 1968 album, A Saucerful of Secrets.
slack

« Reply #2018 on: April 19, 2019, 09:45:36 am »
well we don't have a comedy thread (we should) or I guess I could have put in the movie thread...

St. Vincent And Carrie Brownstein Are Making A Tour Comedy

Right now, St. Vincent is producing a new album for Brownstein’s band Sleater-Kinney. And now they’re making a movie together, too.

Collider reports that Clark and Brownstein have co-written a concert film together. In the movie, which doesn’t yet have a title, Clark and Brownstein will play “heightened versions of themselves.” Brownstein is co-producing the movie with Jett Steiger and Lana Kim, and Bill Benz, a director and editor who’s worked on Portlandia is set to direct. According to an unnamed source at the studio, “the project isn’t a ‘mockumentary,’ as Collider first reported, but rather, a scripted film that was to have been shot like a documentary.” That sounds like a mockumentary!
slack

« Reply #2019 on: April 26, 2019, 10:54:53 pm »
so I heard about this on the radio and was intrigued (BWT WERA low pow in arl is da bomb)

but this graphic seems off brand
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2020 on: May 02, 2019, 02:50:37 pm »
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2021 on: May 10, 2019, 01:14:34 pm »
I mean, is My Bloody Valentine supposed to sound like that??

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2022 on: May 10, 2019, 02:28:05 pm »
sounds like what?  did those EPs and/or the album finally drop?
<sig>

« Reply #2023 on: May 15, 2019, 12:50:08 pm »
so Fugazi hasn't played since 2002...but yeah some billionair asks them to play the Cap One center and the totally will do it...very on brand for them

Ted Leonsis offers arena for Fugazi charity reunion

wait...Ian responds....
Contacted by WTOP about the tweet by Leonsis, MacKaye said, “I honestly don’t think it’s newsworthy.”

“My impression was that it was meant more as a compliment than an actual offer, so there really wasn’t anything to consider other than the kind words. They were appreciated,” MacKaye said in an email.

So wait...if Ted did give them the whole venue for free...would they do it for an all ages $5 show???

found this too...love hardtimes!
Martin Shkreli Buys Fugazi, Jacks Ticket Price Up to $9
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 12:56:28 pm by No 'B' for me hätch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #2024 on: May 23, 2019, 03:00:16 pm »
so this was kind of the end for me with Soul Asylum, but really loved the story about Runaway Train and the actual impact it had on finding kids

on the 25th anny....
Music video for 'Runaway Train' turns 25. New version uses modern technology to find missing kids

The technology uses an individual's IP address to find out their general location. In the case of missing children, the video inserts the children that went missing closest to a viewer's area.

The original video helped recover 21 missing children, according to the NCMEC.

Even though the video only shows a handful of children, it was recut and released every time a child was found, resulting in multiple versions.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 03:02:51 pm by Opium War 2020 ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack