Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 863682 times)

Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #2040 on: June 11, 2019, 12:28:59 pm »
18 hours of music from Radiohead’s OK Computer sessions have leaked online

way to go radiohead...never negotiate with terroists
Radiohead officially release leaked OK Computer material after turning down $150,000 ransom

"For £18 you can find out if we should have paid that ransom"

Now, the band has officially released the leaked material through Bandcamp and is donating the proceeds to the climate activist group Extinction Rebellion.
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #2041 on: June 11, 2019, 01:04:54 pm »
I swear to god...while running on the Mall today, in addition to a couple of girls in MAGA t-shirts and a boy in a MAGA t-shirt AND hat (just too hard to choose one!)...I saw a woman wearing a John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band t-shirt.

« Reply #2042 on: June 11, 2019, 01:13:27 pm »
I saw a woman wearing a John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band t-shirt.
nice!
still waiting for the release of A Season in Hell
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2043 on: June 11, 2019, 01:56:56 pm »
The dark side, indeed.

Space Freely

« Reply #2044 on: June 11, 2019, 02:06:02 pm »
I swear to god...while running on the Mall today, in addition to a couple of girls in MAGA t-shirts and a boy in a MAGA t-shirt AND hat (just too hard to choose one!)...I saw a woman wearing a John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band t-shirt.

If they lose John, they could be my favorite band.

gavroche

« Reply #2045 on: June 11, 2019, 03:10:47 pm »
I swear to god...while running on the Mall today, in addition to a couple of girls in MAGA t-shirts and a boy in a MAGA t-shirt AND hat (just too hard to choose one!)...

Commuting by the Newseum in the morning is the absolute worst.  Every field trip seems to be packed with MAGA kids.  And of course the irony of wearing a MAGA hat into a museum about free press is totally lost on them.

« Reply #2046 on: June 11, 2019, 03:34:00 pm »
I swear to god...while running on the Mall today, in addition to a couple of girls in MAGA t-shirts and a boy in a MAGA t-shirt AND hat (just too hard to choose one!)...

Commuting by the Newseum in the morning is the absolute worst.  Every field trip seems to be packed with MAGA kids.  And of course the irony of wearing a MAGA hat into a museum about free press is totally lost on them.
the MAGA hat thing on these school trips is now a middle finger to the libtards that live in DC
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #2047 on: June 11, 2019, 03:42:31 pm »

the MAGA hat thing on these school trips is now a middle finger to the libtards that live in DC

I'll show 'em! I'll wear my Obama t-shirt the next time I visit relatives in Indiana, South Carolina, or upstate New York! Give that middle finger right back!

gavroche

« Reply #2048 on: June 11, 2019, 04:05:43 pm »

I don't think that 12 or 13 year olds are that politically aware, and especially not of the DC politics.  I think it's more a fashion fad that signals being within the "in" group much like a Starter jacket was when I was in middle school. 

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2049 on: June 11, 2019, 04:13:35 pm »

« Reply #2050 on: June 11, 2019, 04:44:55 pm »
I think it's more a fashion fad that signals being within the "in" group much like a Starter jacket was when I was in middle school.
when I was in middle school....it was members only!
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #2051 on: June 11, 2019, 04:53:06 pm »
I think my dad wore a Members Only jacket right up until the day he died.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2052 on: June 12, 2019, 07:47:12 am »
The whole story about all the Universal master tapes being destroyed in 2008 is a bit heartbreaking.  Lots and lots of history lost there.  As someone pointed out Universal never dived into their archives like so many others. It would appear that among other things Nevermind mastertapes along with loads of 60s, etc lost... I think Andy Partridge was eluding to some lost XTC masters and I wonder if these were them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/11/magazine/universal-fire-master-recordings.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/11/magazine/universal-fire-master-recordings.html
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #2053 on: June 19, 2019, 04:47:22 pm »
Perhaps I missed the conversation on this tweet from Dec 2108 (and if so, I apologize):

I Shot The Serif:
Artists and bands with names that sound like they could be fonts/ typefaces

https://twitter.com/_Bands_FC/status/1076444503005904896

Apparently they're downloadable too!
27>34

« Reply #2054 on: June 20, 2019, 08:37:33 am »
kind of lazy that Husker du is on there twice...

but those are some cool fonts and will help me remember ones I like
as I am lame and Segoe UI all the time

Edit...it's only that image that is downloadable...not the fonts (as far as I can tell)
Bands F.C. Typefaces artwork. Available to download and print at (link: https://bandsfc.com/typefaces/) bandsfc.com/typefaces/
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 08:40:45 am by SideHatch-Act ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack